Checking in daily to maintain focus #26

Checking in on day 8! I was planning to run 8 miles, but ended up doing 10 miles bc I was feeling so good. Love that natural runner’s high where you feel you can run all day. I have a job interview in an hour. I haven’t worked outside of the home in 6 years. Im nervous & excited!

34 Likes

Hey Mejorando - welcome! Once I joined this community, I just did what seemed to work for the people who had an enviable number of days - and took things One Day at a Time. And I checked in here daily too. For 219 days now.

So just be sober today. Don’t think about tomorrow. Don’t even think about tonight or later today! Take it one moment at a time, be sober now.

And @MagicMama is right - read around here as much as you can. I distracted myself with the 10,000+ memes! when I wasn’t reading others stories.

But as for today, it’s a good day to be sober. So glad you’ve joined us. :orange_heart:

8 Likes

@anon60334405 oh, I missed it. I wish you all the best, cool you lived every single day and season of the year sober! Congratulations and I am grateful for all that you share here, the good, funny and angry, sad, depressing times. :sunflower::blush:

4 Likes

Fingers crossed :grin::pray:

1 Like

Day 366. Sorry I haven’t been active much today guys, were heading home and roads are shitty. Thank you all for all the love and support, I’m still debating if I want to write a one year report. But I love you all thanks for pushing me and guiding me and being here through all the good, bad, sad, you name it times. Have a great day sober fam

29 Likes

27 Likes

I’ve been sober for 19 days! Thanks!

21 Likes

They scheduled a 2nd interview! Things are looking hopeful!

8 Likes

Hi everyone, 39 day’s sober…
Sometimes I still feel like I am crawling under my skin

20 Likes

Congratulations on making the first cut! I also haven’t worked outside the home for several years and so I feel you! I plan to pursue some professional opportunities this year (that’s my goal, anyway) Good luck on round two!

2 Likes

Thank you @RosaCanDo! I’m ready for this big change. New me, new habits, new job!

3 Likes

@MagicILY - thank you so much. I read your message this morning right before I started work and it made my morning to read those words: “I hope you know that voice is wrong”. It still hadn’t dawned on me until then. and also, that ‘progress does not look how we think it will’ - that is also true. I’m reading a brilliant book by a Buddhist - called When things Fall Apart - and its been really helpful at encouraging me to stare fear in the face rather than to run away and distract from it. its true that progress looks different. I am learning a lot, I am in new work, I am sober. Thank you for making my day and well done on soaring to day 68! <3 Sending love light warmth for a good Thursday tomorrow x

5 Likes

Hey @Dazercat, thank you so much for this. So much solace and strength from music and poetry at times like this.

And sorry to hear you were down yesterday too - but glad that coming on here and sharing on a different thread and making someones day, made YOUR day. I know what you mean - part of feeling down at the moment is that we can’t help people or smile at people in the usual way we would. But we are getting new stores of resilience. I am learning to try to hug my body everyday, and say ‘its okay, we are going through this right now’, our focus is not on being as strong or slim as we can becuase in order to stay safe in our current environment it involves staying inside and being careful. That is important for SOCIETY. So trying to be more relaxed about that, and gentler with myself. I am anxious every day that I will lose my job, but I just need to be more fatalistic. I cannot catastrophize in order to control. I can only deal with the set of cirucmstances as they arise. But I can control how mindful I am in approaching my response.

Thanks a lot for making my day too - and taking the time and care to message. The fact that anyone cares on this amazing site is too amazing. How are you this evening after you felt a little down yesteday? What helps you apart from music?

3 Likes

Checking in day 260. Still sober! Almost slipped and went to liquor store over the weekend. But I told my self no absolutely not worth it! And this community helps a lot! Thank you everyone! I am gonna break these words really stuck in my head and got me through!!!

23 Likes

Goodnight everyone.

16 Likes

Your still sober, these emotions and those tears Is you handling your shit. You’ve been so numb for so long, welcome to the real world it’s a little crazy at times and might take a bit of getting used to but it’s no crazier than where you’ve come from. Just one more fight!

2 Likes

7 Likes

Good for you!! And 260 Days now!! :star_struck::boom::boom:
That’s awesome :clap:
I saw this the other day and saved it. I wasn’t sure where I was going to put it. This looks like just as good a place as any to put it.

10 Likes

:blush:!!! When Things Fall Apart is a book I have read many times and given as a gift to many people. I’m so glad you came across it!! It sounds like the perfect thing for you to be reading right now.

3 Likes

that’s brilliant you’ve got to day 3, it’s tough going at the beginning and it may get worse before it gets better but dig deep, have trust in the process and it ALWAYS gets better :grin:

2 Likes