Checking in daily to maintain focus #27

Day 197

Ok-ish day today, not quite as productive as I would like, did two loads of washing and a Japanese class. My sponsor cancelled our zoom meeting today, so still on step 4. Maybe a few more resentments will surface before next week.

27 Likes

Today I feel heartbrokenā€¦
I miss my step dad Alot, there are days where I wish I could hear his Irish foul mouth again.
As a child I couldnā€™t understand his actions nor his behaviour at times but now as an adult at the age I am now he was dignosed with secondary progressive MS, his life changed overnight and so did mine and my motherā€™sā€¦ He raised me with values I still have today, he showed me a compassion when I came out as a lesbian he never wanted me gone, heā€™d argue in his bed for me continously and would joke that he wished heā€™d got action off a guy before his disease got to him.
We travelled some beautiful parts of the world and he showed me how a father should love a child, when I had no money he was the first to give me funds.
Though we fought we always made up, his words of no matter how much we fight donā€™t leave this house without saying goodbye to me.
I watched this disease from the age of 12 cripple a man to his bed, begging me to end his life and instead I asked him to fight a little longer as I was scared of losing a man who adored me for me.

Im glad your not suffering anymore but I do truly miss you and for today Iā€™ll be clean and I will express the pain I feel!

39 Likes

This hits me right in the feels :sob: So beautiful. Thank you Danni! Iā€™m glad you had him, such a treasure even after him passing :sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Day 3ā€¦ hole of depression yesterday

22 Likes

Iā€™ll keep on hereā€¦ I tried meetingsā€¦ and that definitely wasnā€™t my cup of tea.

4 Likes

Good morning friends - day 102! Expecting a busy day of work, but all-in-all, life is good. Have an awesome day!

22 Likes

Good morning everyone day 387. I woke up feeling very good this morning. Yesterday me and the kid I lift with has a awesome session, the vibe was great things went smooth and I love how were both in recovery, and both around the same age. When I got home I bought him a small gift, some of the pre work out stuff i use just for bc idk why not. I bought my mom a nice little vacuum for her car so I can detail it for her when it gets nicer out. I love how at first sobriety was pretty hard I struggled, and I went through alot of mind games with myself and wanting to relapse, but Iā€™m so happy i stuck with it, no not every day is great. But now I can accept that, something I never use to be able to do was accept anything. I still havenā€™t heard from that girl and geuss what it is what it is. You start to see your value and worth in sobriety and everyday just gets better and better. I love you all, keep killing this lifestyle, live and let live and be easy on yourself and love yourself and see your true worth bc your worth sobriety

27 Likes

Good morning TS friends,
Day 247 and some change

Been sleeping a lot more than I usually do lately, been kinda odd, not sure if itā€™s meds full effect, or if Iā€™m just off pattern, but the last few days I slept 10-12 hours minimum itā€™s not normal. Sucks cause I miss the zooms with the clan.

On the other hand most things are looking up for the first time in a while, you find the most unexpected things in the most unexpected places, is it odd or is it god? Heh. Who knows

24 Likes

Congrats man,

Btw love the avatar and name Little MAC was the shitā€¦

1 Like

10 days here. Double digits! Iā€™m struggling, but Iā€™m not giving up. Have a blessed day, all.

25 Likes

I get those terrible dreadful, depressed, shameful feelings in very early sobriety. I donā€™t even think there are words good enough to describe it. The good news is that it usually does not last long. Not like a miracle after a week or something, but a lift out of that dark place. There is still poison coursing through your body, it takes time. Take good care of yourself the best you can nutritionally and Iā€™m glad youā€™re here :hugs:

8 Likes

Congratulations on 10 days!

1 Like

Yā€™all, I donā€™t know whatā€™s wrong with me lately. My drive and motivation seem to be on vacation and Iā€™ve never been more tired in my life. I literally fell asleep in my class last Thursday and again last night. At least it wasnā€™t drunk passed out :woman_shrugging:

So apparently my Dexedrine wasnā€™t doing much for my ADHD, I just think it was too low of a dose. It certainly helped me stop clenching my teeth during the day, so just for that it was worth it. I think my doctor just wants me on adderall so badly that sheā€™s like, guess this isnā€™t working, can we please try adderall? Story behind that? I have told her numerous times that I refuse to take adderall because it makes me a mean lady. Last time I tried it was like 23 years ago and it made me nasty. However, looking back, I was also on 60mg of phentermine daily also. If anyone is familiar with that, itā€™s a high dose. It was controlling my eating disorder. But also quite the mix of stimulants.

Anyway, I said I would try it. Itā€™s a lot cheaper than the Dexadrine. Of course they were out of stock so I had to wait a few days. I took it at 6:30 at night and I STILL fell asleep in class, after class, took a phone call, and then slept through the night. She started me low. Sheā€™s worried about me sleeping :joy: Anyway, we shall see if it works. First sign of angry Beth and that shit goes in the trash.

30 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 255. Glad to be sober and here with you all. Hope everyone has a good one!

23 Likes

I hope that the med change helps @Girlinterrupted. My doctor raised my seroquel 100mgs more and Iā€™m still waking up 3-4 times a night, itā€™s super weird. Day 257 clean and sober today. Trying to let myself feel the uncomfortable feelings and not get down on myself for not being healed yet. I know itā€™s going to take some time and I have to be ok with that. Intake appointment today with a therapist, I am really grateful. Have a wonderful day everyone, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

22 Likes

Wow Danni Iā€™m sorry for your lossā€¦ that was such a beautiful post about you and your father, thank you for sharing your thoughtsā€¦

2 Likes

95 days of living a better life. Very excited to be joining the triple-digit club in a few days :blush::blush::blush:

28 Likes

Checking in sober, Day 414. Yesterday I had noted my not posting check-ins as much lately and wanting to renew my commitment to this. Now Iā€™ve got too much going onā€¦

Last night my son called me, his best friend had died suddenly. Too early to know the cause, he just collapsed and his heart stopped. By the time they got him to hospital he was declared brain dead. He was just 19. My son is devastated, they were inseparable. All I can say is that Iā€™m glad Iā€™m sober to be there for him.

Iā€™m also glad my example of sobriety has made an impression on him. Apparently most of his friends are dealing with the loss by drinking heavily. He has avoided doing this, and we had a long talk about grief, denial and numbing. I talked him into watching a mindless movie and going for a long run.

Heā€™s headed home today. Its going to be a difficult time dealing with this. Hopefully I come up with some words of wisdom to help him through it.

35 Likes

Hi there

Thank you so much for sharing your story and words of encouragement. You show it can be done. Well done for you. Iā€™m happy to here you and your kids are in a better place. Keep moving forward. 17 months is awesome. I pray I can do it too!

Blessings. See you around! :heart:

5 Likes

Oof, thatā€™s hard. Donā€™t put too much pressure on yourself to know the right words or actions. You just have to be a conduit and let them flow through you. Iā€™ll light a candle for your your son and his friend.

10 Likes