Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

That’s how we do it, pull those fricken reins back in tight like we had them those first few months. If anyone knows how to get through tough times it’s you. When you have a minute let us know what’s up, best to let’s that shit out.

We got you.
:heart::pray::heart:

7 Likes

So interesting how when one is in pain they quickly turn the finger.

Hoping everything given to Luna helps and she is brighter tomorrow.

Big hugs.
:orange_heart:

3 Likes

Congrats on your 5 months of consecutive sober days!!!

Huge accomplishment.

5hgYDDh5oqbmE4OKJ3

3 Likes

It’s inspiring to see the numbers on this post.
Day 4 today for me today, gotta stay strong, this weekend will be the true test.

32 Likes

Stay positive and find things to keep you and your mind busy

4 Likes

Welcome Ryan.
Have a good read around. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

5 Likes

Way to go Julie :boom: 5 months is really awesome. And so are you.

:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

I have had similar conversations with my partner in the past and it also made me feel horrible. However, I know that he is just looking at our drinking together days with rose tinted glasses. There was a lot of shit that just doesn’t get thrown any more and I know I’m pleased about that! And it definitely makes life easier for him too, whether or not he always appreciates it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I do wish he would reevaluate his relationship with alcohol but he doesn’t want to, and that’s up to him.

Whether or not you are incompatible is obviously not for me, or anyone else, to say. But I guess if you keep doing what’s right for you, it will become obvious. For me, its something I thought about a lot but decided not to have that conversation out loud until I felt clearer on it. Now it’s just not an issue, so I’m glad I didn’t. Your mileage may vary of course!

10 Likes

gasp

I haven’t had the honor of burning a bus down
 yet :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you so much ! X

1 Like

So you don’t just have being sober today. You have this amazing bit of wisdom, from direct experience, that will allow you to live the life you want. You have seen things as they really are, pretty awesome I reckon :pray::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you :hugs:

Obvs all milestones are great, but 300 sticks in my mind. Felt like a real shift in mindset happened for me around that time, a realisation that I could really do it. Congratulations! :partying_face:

Sounds like therapy is really ticking along too. Having that space to explore some of the ‘why’ and ‘what next’ is so important :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Huge congrats on 300 days Tyler!! :tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! X

1 Like

There’s been a few busses that have burned down but not while I’ve been the captain of the ship

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!!!
We all got there 24 hrs at a time
 they add up if you let them.

:pray:

5 Likes

:raised_hands::clap::clap::clap::clap::raising_hand_woman: Congrats Tyler

2 Likes

It is a good support group they got here. Day 7 for me and it has helped alot. Hang in there and check back often.

7 Likes

Day 74.
7.22am
1 degree fml :grimacing:
After I got up and turned the heater on and jumped back under the doona till the house warms up, my first thought this morning was " do cockatoos get cold, do they feel the cold!?!"

Its so so cold here this morning and the cockatoos were my first thought :joy: they have made me there slave :joy::heart:

Day off today. Don’t need to do anything today :tada:

@CATMANCAM 300 yay!! Nice work t! :tada::pray::heart:
@Grumpybeard welcome Ryan :hugs:
@anon11129033 Alexis welcome to the 40’s club! Happy birthday girl :tada::pray::heart:
@Mno thinking bout luna :hugs: hugs :pray:

29 Likes

For what I know it depends. They do feel the cold, and if they’re used to a warm environment like indoors with let’s say like +18 C. They will probably feel cold if they’re taken outside where it’s colder. If it’s a natural change of temperature, like the house is getting colder during night time it’ll be natural for them too. As long as it isn’t going to extremes. It’s easiest to think that they are like us, they doesn’t like extreme heat or extremely cold temperatures. They want it about the same year around.
But there’s probably someone who knows a lot more then I do. Have a nice day :blush:

3 Likes