Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 1)

Thank you!! I’m excited for this sober journey!! Congrats to you as well!!

1 Like

I completely understand. Big numbers can seem intimidating, that’s why we focus on odaat :wink: and trust me, there was a time I thought I’d never break past the 1 week mark. I was on here for about 2 years repeatedly relapsing and really questioning if it would ever stick. It finally did and although it comes easier now, it still takes awareness and working the program/tools that works for me. So in that sense I see 42 days as amazing because I know what a hard slog it can be to get there!!

And that little whispering “why not” voice? tell it to fk off as soon as it starts. Shutting it down immediately with a 'leave me alone, I’m a non drinker now so you’re wasting your time" worked wonders for me. My kids thought I was mad talking to myself but it works :laughing::joy:

9 Likes

I’m really sorry you feel like a failure and a fraud. You’re really beating the shit out of yourself. Let’s get rid of those two words to start with.

You are not a failure. You are back again opening up and coming clean truthfully. That sounds like a very humble successful person. IMO

I understand about being an entertainer. But in a different way. Your always pleasing people and trying to make them happy. And of course you want people to like you. That way you make more money. I assume. And I bet it’s exhausting. It wore me out.

Do you have a support group?
Do you got to meetings?
Do you get on here and ask for help before you pick up?
Are you trying something different?
Can you honestly work the first 3 steps.
Gratitude for being sober keeps me going. Check out the gratitude thread. Post every day. Or twice a day.
Don’t take this on alone. We are stronger in numbers. Ask for help.
Your a beautiful person and worth all the benefits a sober life has to offer.
:pray::heart:

11 Likes

Thank you. It seems like two simple words but it means more than I could explain. I’m so grateful for the support. I don’t have a sponsor, I don’t go to AA, I have done some therapy but TBH I’m not sure I was ready then. I think the layers have to come off and I need to peel back the onion so to speak and feel the stuff. It’s funny though how often " stop being a whinger " comes into my head. I will definitely take your advice and rely more on this forum when I feel myself unravelling.One day at a time. :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Day 816. Remember, in the world of the addict, your DOC abuses YOU!

15 Likes

I’ve started every day for the last 545 days on the gratitude thread. It’s how I start my day grounded and so grateful for being sober. I think we got room for one more. Coffee is always on. Some of us stop by twice or 3 times a day.

I also just started listening to the audio of the Big Book while on my power walks. It was recommended I start with chapter 3. Now I’m doing the whole book.
:pray::heart:

7 Likes

Good work on 17 days!! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:. I posted something recently that my sugar/sweet intake has gone from 0-100 since I quit Lol. I guess that’s normal from what the family here was telling me. Before it was alcohol converting into sugar in my system. Now no alcohol, but a gap where the sugar used to be. I’ve never really had a sweet tooth but now half my kitchen counter looks like 7-11 with all kinds of chips, chocolate and candy. Uggh.

But I think it’s only for a season…or at least I hope so lol; but as long as I don’t pick up it’s a win and a beautiful clean day. Stay strong and keep the fight!! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good for you on 3 weeks!! That’s great work…keep adding them up ODAAT! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Wow…the self control and staying strong! Good for you. :slightly_smiling_face: Believe me…I’m taking notes lol. :+1:

1 Like

Yessssss! Congrats Adrienne! You damn well should be proud of yourself :laughing:

Good to see your face here :relaxed: :orange_heart:

1 Like

Hey friend…missed ya :slightly_smiling_face:. Lots of good wisdom here. Absorb it. Meditate on it. Re-read it as many times as you need to.

I feel your pain, frustration and sadness all too well. Especially with the kids. I admire that you keep coming back. Shows you still have that desire. You still want it. No matter how many day 1s it may cost. I promise one day it will click. It will be “different” and then it’s ODAAT…using the tools…doing what works for you! That’s so important. Not all of us here use the same recipe to remain clean and free…but we all experience the same result…sobriety.

I too believe in you. You got this. Learn from each time. Apply the difference, and move forward. Your worth it. Stay strong my friend. :slightly_smiling_face::+1::pray:t3:

3 Likes

Day 366.
Had to / got to (still not sure how I feel about it!) work from the office today. Just for today and part of tomorrow - we’re not back full time yet. One day back and the few others there were already talking about going for drinks - even tomorrow. I can’t make it tomorrow, but realized I will need to wrap my head around these upcoming reunion events. Keep the answers brief. I don’t drink. I don’t really know how much more there is to say. I also don’t eat Goodyear Tires, and you’re not asking me about that…! (smirk)

On my desk at home, I have a coaster for my coffee mug, and on it, a quote from Emerson: “Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink the wild air.”

Not sure we need much more than that, hey friends? I raise my glass of clean, wild air to you all. We did another one. Let’s see what sober fun we can get up to tomorrow.
G’night all. Big love. :orange_heart:

24 Likes

25 Likes

Try 90meetings in 90days seems like alot to ask but well worth it once you start working the steps and getting to know people in the program saved my life when all else failed.

4 Likes

186 days

Morning all steady here. Busy day ahead, camping this weekend for a friends birthday so lots of alcohol will be about. Not worried too much, to be honest weekend does not appeal as its not my thing no more. But its a very good friend so want to go for her… shall bring my books and retire to bed when it gets mental. And then up bright and early and start cooking bacon fresh as a daisy… perfect…

Have a good sober day all :innocent:

27 Likes

Congratulations on your six months. Glad you’re proud of yourself. That’s a big deal.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Checking in day 6, hope everyone has a lovely day and if its a struggle just remind yaself you only have to get ya head on ya pillow tonight.:rose:

25 Likes

Soon first 24 hours will be done again. I got to sleep “normal”, not waking up in the middle of nigth with pain and not abel to fall asleep again. Nigth to yesterday I awak at 0130, not abel to sleep again, filled with pain and anxiety. Its the worst.

This time falling of was not the worst slip I had, only a few days, when earlyer it would last for weeks. Happy to wake up sober today. Deadtired but sober. Soon be of to work, it will be a hard Day.

Have a good one everyone.

23 Likes

Checking in on Day 77. 11 weeks :partying_face:

24 Likes

Day 47 for the 4th time. I can’t wait to hit day 70 for the first time ever.

24 Likes