Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

Second check in today. My bike ride was great, although at the beach it was crazy busy. These people, don’t they work? And if not where do they get the money to drive their cars to the beach and clog the roads there all up? Grateful for bicycle paths although they were rather crowded too.
Also grateful that this hairy flying something hit my lip and stung me there instead of flying into my mouth. Lip is swollen and it hurts a bit but it will be OK. Now waiting for the sushi delivery guy. Got a good appetite. Have as good a day or night as you can all. Love form my bike ride.

@beachmouse A bit late but I still want to answer. Because boredom and emptiness and understanding those are essential for staying sober IMO. This boredom and emptiness were always there and we drank to forget it. With differing rates of success and in the end with no success at all as it ended in total frustration, doing absolutely nothing but getting drunk. And in the back of our minds being unhappy and depressed because of that.
So now that we are sober there are two things we need to do. On the one hand we need to fill the emptiness with new things and stuff. Find useful activities to fulfil our lives. Do things that make us happy. But on the other hand we also need to learn to accept that emptiness and boredom is also part of life. That it is fine to do nothing at times. That it is good to sit with yourself and be idle. I think that that is basically what meditation is. Not that I’m a star at it. Anyway, you made me think of that. Congrats on your full month and keep going Julie. You’re doing great.

20 Likes

I think its awsome how long you keept off the sugar :raised_hands: About the headeachs, sure you drink enough water? Or are low in some vitamins? I had much headeachs, and my blood work showed low vit B and D. Got them up, and it helped some :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Day 31 and I’m grateful for my “third times a charm” husband who actually seems to like me. Sounds silly, but he listens to me, stops what he’s doing and engages in conversations with me, and we laugh. He says he loves me and I believe him, but liking me seems way more important. Sadly I don’t know if it was like this before when I was shades of drunk, but for today I’m grateful for a man who chooses me every day and I’m grateful that I’m sober enough to see it.

21 Likes

You said that one perfectly lol

4 Likes

1 month and 2 days. Really happy with myself. Not long before I reach the longest I have been AF the last 8 years. This time I will not think ahhh Im good now one glass wont hurt. No no no… Keep going.

15 Likes

@beachmouse here’s the thread I think you’re referring to.

4 Likes

Check in ok day just nothing going on but still clean

9 Likes

With alcohol it’s all ok (707day sober), but with food control not so good…((( New start today.

17 Likes

Day 136.
7.55am.

Another difficult night with side effects from Pfizer Jab. Hot and cold sweats all night, my body aching all over like when you have a bad flu, tossing turning, waking up every few hours. It is really uncomfortable. I took Tylenol and I’ve had plenty of water but woke up feeling like I’ve been hit by a bus. I hope these side effects don’t stay long.

21 Likes

Day 2.
What I was doing was obviously not enough to keep me sober, so I made a big step for me and finally got the courage to ask someone to help me and be my sponsor. It was easier than I had it built up to be.
I need to work harder at this and hopefully a bit of guidance will be enough to keep me moving forward.

I haven’t opened my aa book in years until this evening.

18 Likes

your not weak, you talk like you have a choice but as you know too well you are powerless over alcohol. What you do have a choice about is what you do to move forward and I would like to say you’ve done it before but that has been and gone, now is the time for doing the basics and doing them daily. Keep it simple and easy does it :+1:

8 Likes

congratulations :grin:

1 Like

I’ve been trying not to post to you bc in the past everytime I did you had a lapse but fuck it I can’t let those days you’ve got go un noticed, well done mate

4 Likes

So we are finally going camping…I am just shy of 2 months sober. This is a trigger I didn’t realize was a trigger until we are headed out. I really want a beer… but dont want to relapse more. Hoping it sticks.

9 Likes

What’s going on Ami? You still with us? I know it’s only been a couple of days since you checked in but I been thinking about you.
Check in when you can. If you’re willing.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

That’s unfortunate. Hopefully it won’t last much longer. My arm hurt REALLY bad after my second Pfizer dose and I may have had some tiredness. (Was still drinking then.) It lasted 2 or 3 days.

1 Like

Most side affects are past within 3-4 days, however some can last up to a week. Or it is entirely possible that you have a separate illness. For me I was fine at around 72 hours and not really bad in the first place. However, my body tolerates vaccinations pretty well.

2 Likes

That’s huge! Brit.
Some days that’s all we got to do.
You. Win. Today.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Make it stick! You got this! Enjoy your trip. :evergreen_tree: :tent: :partly_sunny:

1 Like

I’m here.
No smokes/ vape nicotine free
Recovery is amazing.

Waking more
Drawing more.

Im thinking of investing in a air spray brush kit… I want to freestyle on cars…
I’ve.een posting my art on some other places on the Web…
I really don’t think I have much talent, I do it because it became part of my recovery…
I zone out and love colour…

My higher power has always been creative intelligence.

My friend who was my neighbour told me how proud she was of me and that I looked happier!

I try and be a better person everyday x

33 Likes