Checking in daily to maintain focus #34

1. Coffee. Woke way too early, glad I decided to stay in bed. Kept waking and falling asleep, and dreaming lots, but no bad dreams, interesting ones actually. Now I’m physically tired from a long beach walk yesterday but feeling pretty good mentally. Being sober and clean sure plays a big role in that. Being mindfully present in the moment. Makes me think clearly too. About my relationship to my bestie, about my relationships to people in general. Made me think about @MrCade yesterday. Probably because I was thinking about being in Ft. Bragg Ca. Made me think about therapy. An why I still feel so much resistance against big parts of it.
    Anyway. One day at a time as it is for all of us. Yesterday was a good one. One foot in front of the other. Have a good day all. Or at least as good as you all can. Staying sober and clean is a good start to that. Love from the Noordzee beach.

@Olivia Huge congrats Lady! A full year is the biggest milestone!

26 Likes

Along with others I donate a small monthly amount to this place, to keep it running and available for all. That earns me the heart :heartbeat:

14 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 474.

Huge congrats @Olivia!!! That is so amazing, I hope you are proud of yourself and have a great day :slightly_smiling_face: :100:

14 Likes

20 Likes

Checking in sober on a dreary Friday morning. 112 days. I have some complicated emotions this morning that I really have trouble articulating… I am very challenged when it comes to expressing my emotions. I am not sure why. Trying to have a quiet coffee or two before it’s time to get the kiddos ready for school. Happy October, everyone.

Congratulations @Olivia on a full year! And @MagicILY on 60 days.

24 Likes

Good morning friends, day 321! (3, 2, 1, GO!)

Having breakfast with David and then off to daycare. Work will be routine but yesterday was crappy. Worked until after 930pm with several teammates, vendor reps (and customers with questions) fixing a large issue.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

22 Likes

Day 146 today. A beautiful fall morning in Indiana. I am in the midst of a major life transition as I retire from 20 years of active duty in the Army into the civilian sector. I passed my final licensing exam (there have been 4 in total) for my follow on career yesterday. Ordinarily I would have celebrated with a dozen or two drinks but yesterday I celebrated with a 6.5 mile run and a good dinner at home with the family. The promises tell us that they ‘will be fulfilled among us, sometimes quickly sometimes slowly;’ I am amazed at how they are being fulfilled in my life in sobriety. Have a great day everyone.

28 Likes

Day 476 clean and sober, day 5 no smoking. The not smoking thing feels like it’s getting harder the longer I don’t smoke, weird. Have a fantastic day everyone, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

25 Likes

This old guy still trucking 12,800

34 Likes

@Chiron I appreciate a lot your encouragement days ago. Day 13 now. Trying not to focused in white knuckling but following Grace and Surrender

13 Likes

@Ray_M_C_Laren you have become a “classic “

7 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face::tada: Congratulations Olivia !! :tada::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Standing ovation

3 Likes

Thanks just going to meetings doing what was right and it worked

12 Likes

Aww that’s so kind of you :heart:

3 Likes

Day 4! I decided to face my anxiety head on and went home last night, sometimes you just need to drive 3 hours lol. I was really nervous about what I would do when I got there. I am so proud of myself, I moved all of the alcohol down to the basement hoping out of sight out of mind. So into day 5 I go with a little less anxiety.

14 Likes

Hey everyone just checking in day two. Been using my exercise bike a little bit lately and feeling pretty good. I’ve been trying these new ashwanganda pills which actually seem to be helping me with a lot of my stress, and anxiety.

19 Likes

Wow Oliva!!!

Congrats on your one full year of freedom, you have battled those milestone temptations like a champion. So happy to see you claiming your life back.
:heart::partying_face::heart::partying_face::heart::partying_face::heart::partying_face::heart::partying_face:
ZcKDWNzkQ9tOsV9LXp

8 Likes

Hey if you have the time why don’t you join us on the yoga challenge for October. Having those few peaceful minutes in the morning always have helped me with my anxiety for the day.

Yoga for October! Yoctober anyone?

4 Likes

Haha, thank you! I love this!!! :star_struck::unicorn:

3 Likes