Yoga for October! Yoctober anyone?

I have been out of the yoga loop for a while and want to get back to it.

So I’m challenging myself to try and start a daily yoga practice (again) through October. I know Yoga With Adriene is not everyone’s cup of tea but I like her and I’m going to have a go at her October playlist:

Feel free to join in for any or all of it, share any yoga videos you’re using or anything you’re focusing on in your practice.

From the YWA email I got with the link to this playlist:

In a world of constant bustle, hustle, and grind, there is still opportunity to cultivate balance and influence our experience of the world in a positive and meaningful way.

13 Likes

Yep, on board with this :+1: I’ve been looking to move to a daily practice so this could be just the thing.

1 Like

Nice! I have been pretty flaky on these types of things in the past so can’t promise I will make it through all of the 30 days. But my intention is to get as many days in as possible through October and would be great to have some company :grin:

1 Like

I am totally on board.

1 Like

I love this idea! I am definitely in! Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m going to give it a go too

1 Like

More of a Squat-tober kinda guy.

4 Likes

I would be in for that too why don’t you start one up. :smirk:

1 Like

Great idea! I’m in.

1 Like

Each to their own, ha! Like @Its_me_Stella said, start one up. There is often a monthly fitness challenge like that knocking about :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit, it already exists :laughing:

2 Likes

Yogurt October sounds delicious, count me In. I like all flavors. LoL :rofl:

5 Likes

You can do yogurt-tober and keep us posted on any nice flavours you find :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t eat much dairy but here in the UK there is a GORGEOUS brand called The Collective, they do these live yoghurts with fruit compote in them. The passion fruit one is :star_struck::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

yes yes yes! this is just what I need. back to “at home yoga” these days (at home everything) and “yog-a-ccountability” would be great!

And the yogurt part too. :wink:

Can’t wait! :orange_heart:

2 Likes

I’m hoping this yoga plan will help me get into a better morning routine again as I start my new job. I’ll be working from home for a few hours a day, four days a week. I’d like to start work around 8am so my idea is to get up at 6 which gives me a couple of hours to do some yoga and have a nice relaxed morning. We’ll see if it pans out like that!

From experience though I know yoga needs to happen fairly soon after I get up. If I think, oh I’ll do it later… Well I might but I probably won’t!

1 Like

Ended up getting up earlier than expected and did day 1 & 2 yoga practice, plus the day 2 meditation. Am going to a yoga class tomorrow morning and didn’t want to fall behind right at the beginning!

Day 1 short and gentle so it didn’t feel like too much, although the day 2 practice made me sweat :fire: The intention I set for day 1 was ‘I am strong’ and I was glad to have that in mind for day 2 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Day 1 done, nice relaxed start to the month. I tend to do yoga after work but I was getting stressed so decided to take a moment early. Glad I did as I feel better now.

Day 2 looks a bit more involved, looking forward to it👍

3 Likes

Day 1 complete.
I am excited, I miss yoga.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I did mine a bit back to front, used it as the full stop to the end of my working day. Day one in the bag

5 Likes

Yes I am in👋, time may be an issue but will give it my best shot. Will start today once dog walked. Thank you for creating this challenge will motivate me to get back into yoga again after a long break.

Let me edit that, time will not be an issue, I will make time

2 Likes

Think I may do that as well, as have a lengthy morning routine already, meditations etc. Like the fullstop :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes