Checking in daily to maintain focus #39

Day 1221 Sober
Day 13 on Parole

When people ask me how I feel, I’m at a loss for words. I feel too much to describe.
This isn’t a bad thing. But it’s a lot to try to convey in a simple, understandable way.

The headline here is:
I HAVE A LOT TO BE GRATEFUL FOR.

Where to begin… Hmmmm how bout a gratitude list?

I woke up with the sun today, ready to wake and joyfully sober.

This morning I get to lay in my bed, sip earl grey tea, and complete safety training courses online.

I get to be lovingly supportive of my wife (Kerrie’s) need for space. Allowing her to focus on her personal wellbeing.

I got to visit with my dear friend and sponsor, Bob,
Yesterday in my home and share a lovely conversation with him and Kerrie.

I have a new job opportunity and am in the final phase of screening.

I got to talk on the phone with two of my former supervisors who are generously recommending me for this new job opportunity.

I got to reconnect with my friend David and open myself up to his offer of financial support.

I have more friends and love coming my way than I can handle, and it makes my heart swell, everyday.

I found the exact dresser I was looking for, this week, and today I get to unpack my clothes into it.

I have a beautiful new home to share with Kerrie and we get to decorate and arrange furniture together. Taking our time as we do so.

I get to fill out a rental application and provide bank statements to my landlord today, opening my heart to wonder instead of worry.

On Saturday, I get the opportunity to show my character and integrity to my landlord, when we meet in person for the first time.

Outside my front door is a beautiful neighborhood, full of trees, nestled in the foothills of picturesque mountains, walking distance from shopping/dining and AA+NA meetings.

I don’t HAVE TO walk anywhere because I have my truck and my license again.

I get to call whomever I like, at any point in the day, and tell them I love them /miss them /hope to catch up soon.

This afternoon I get to go to my first yoga class in damn near two years.

I get to share that experience with my wife.

Today I can be compassionate toward myself and others, without fear of judgements or misunderstanding

Today I get to make progress in many different aspects of my life, through simple straight forward effort and honest attention.

I do not need to drink or use to be OK today.
I get to love myself instead.

Whoa.
That’s a bigger list than I thought it would be when I started it. I guess that’s how it works though. We see what we look for.

I hope you guys can shine a light on the things you’re grateful for today. I love you.

33 Likes

Thank you sober buddy :blush:

2 Likes

Of course sober buddy :relaxed:

1 Like

Harder day today, feeling meh …

However, ploughing through. It’s always harder towards the weekend. I have a dental appointment really early as well tomorrow, so a bit nervy about that but been waiting two years for this treatment!

Think I will draw a line under today and retire to Bedfordshire.

12 Likes

Everything your going to feel is absolutely normal, not nice but normal. 1 minute at a time I promise you this all gets easier. Well done on 3 days.

3 Likes

That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing! You could always join in at the daily gratitude thread, too. It’s a wonderful read every day. I don’t post daily, but many do.

5 Likes

Aaaah, sorry you are feeling rubbish, and about the dental appointment. I am also considering going up soon, probably would if the kids weren’t still wide awake. Love the saying off to Bedfordshire. The County north of me, call in on the way. I can provide soothing teas and a companion who is so tired they’ll stare into space :rofl:

4 Likes

Day 8

17 Likes

That sounds super stressful! Well done for staying strong and sober through out it. I hope that your husband feels better soon. :blush:

1 Like

Me too! As stressful as it is, im grateful that we have an answer for his pain. And we know have to just keep on for a solution and follow thru. Dental here in Alberta is from what I know, is the highest in Canada. Where my hubby is from its aprox $50/tooth. Here for an uncomplicated tooth pull ots $150/tooth. Crazy. Thank u for ur support!

2 Likes

Thanks Jenny. I like the saying as well. I always feel so ridiculously moany compared to people who have kids keeping them busy haha. I think I need to be up around 6.30 to get into London on time for my appointment!

Good luck getting to bed! :pray::yawning_face::yawning_face:

1 Like

Good morning everyone from Adelaide Australia. 95 days sober here and naturally awake at 6am which has been happening a bit lately. It’s strange as all my life I’ve been a sleepy head in the morning and now I’m happy and excited to greet the day!
I hope you all have a fantastic day/night where ever you all are :grinning:🛼

19 Likes

Day 58 AF
Have a great day all

15 Likes

Dental care is ridiculously expensive. I think last time my dentist offered a payment plan. I have to do that with almost everything these days as I’ve been out of work. I’m not sure if it’s an option for you, but it definitely helps take the pressure off.
I like your positive attitude too. I hope the pain stops soon for him :heart:🛼

1 Like

The last few days dragged a bit as the excitement mounted, but what do you know, I’ve got 30 clean days! BUT hey
self going forward, just so you know there is no time ever for cockiness or “stinking thinking” I am in a complete state of surrender. 30 days and 10 minutes. I love all of you.

22 Likes

Day 11 AF :black_heart: @Lex06 where you at girl? :relaxed:

11 Likes

Oh, yes please. :+1:

3 Likes

Hey Everyone. I checked in earlier today, but today has been a day of nightmares. So stressful. So much to do in such a short amount of time. It is currently taking everything inside of me right now to not walk away from the computer and go get something to drink. Ugh, this is a hard one today.

It does make feel a little better just to vent here for a moment everyone. I’m trying guys!

13 Likes

I am sorry you have had a stressful day, I know that would be a massive trigger for me. Well done for coming here. Just try and keep in your mind that staying sober actually helps, everything else will make it worse. It may temporarily mask the problem, but it just delays/exacerbates it. It really sucks but sitting with your feelings sober is the best way of dealing with it now and moving on. Keep talking here if helpful.

4 Likes

Ooh that sounds like a lot going on and oh my gosh you didn’t take an extra pill through all that yay for you!!!

1 Like