Checking in daily to maintain focus #39

I’m so thrilled for you Menno!
Congratulations on 1000 days.image

4 Likes

I’m going to start counting again. Once numbers get big they scare me, but I think it’s important to see the numbers grow whole I learn to forgive myself for this relapse.

Day 2

I’m just doing what I can to remind myself that my reloade is not the end of all progress. I want to give up and just let myself go. But I can’t do that. I’ve already fallen so far and I can’t let mysekf fall farther. I’m ok other than the regret I’m feeling. I’ve already decided that I will stay home Saturday as my family is the last thing I need to be around right now.

18 Likes

Congratulations on your journey. Thank you for sharing. Be well.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Congratulations on your 1000 days menno. Thank you for your beautiful share and being here and always giving awesome support. I loved the way you described how life is now, it is beautiful. The way you described it reminded me off the movie the giver in a way. Everyone doesn’t feel or have memory and they are assigned certain jobs to keep things smooth but there is one boy who feels and sees everything for what it truly is. I related this movie to alot like addiction because all the others who are still stuck in active addiction life don’t see or feel life for the way it is. And when we get sober we are much like that boy and we feel and see everything and sometimes it can feel so painful and so beautiful at the same time, but at the end of the movie the boy slides down this hill and breaks the chain so everyone can see what it’s like to feel and see again and that’s what we do for each other when we’re sober we help each other see how beautiful it really is. Much love

10 Likes

My pleasure @Misokatsu!

Here’s where I SHOULD have posted it, in the first place. This is the actual gratitude thread.

3 Likes

Day …….

@SadMemeQueen I don’t count cause I get too obsessed with it, I want to live my life and enjoy it, and have no thoughts about drinking and drugging or the last time I did. I’m here for the now, tomorrow may not come.

So It’s been a mixed few days cause we all know I’m real shitty at checking in, but Things have been good I moved shifts so I don’t have to get up so early which is nice, and on my work laptop I have a MXR sticker, (guitar pedal brand) and it was almost like a flag, one of the other TLs apparently is trying to form a music project to write original material and such, another dude is a drummer and wants to link me up with some local guys for work. Plus three hits on my musician services profile to explore.

Made some new friends as of late so that’s cool,

The bad, my kids mom was diagnosed with Lupus, most of you know I have a pretty tumultuous relationship with her but it has gotten better over the last few months, what’s fucking with me tho is Im pretty apathetic towards her diagnosis, and I don’t know how to feel about that, like I get it’s beyond my control an autoimmune disorder, but it’s like I don’t feel bad or anything I’m just accepting it and hoping that her doctors figure it out for her, I know she’s struggling to accept the diagnosis, and the physical traits that come with it, but It’s out of my hands I guess.

My importance right now is where my journey is gonna take me, I made a promise to my kids before any more road trips it’s a few days ti spend with them first. So I’m paying off bills and getting a weekend off to see them, then all my fun road trips can begin

15 Likes

Congratulations Menno! That’s pretty awesome!

2 Likes

I got very obsessed once the numbers started growing. I felt so much pressure to stay clean that the anxiety the number was causing just left me wanting to break it so I didn’t feel the pressure. I went from 314 days to nothing, so I’m judt counting for now to remind myself that I can get back up there. Once I start feeling they pressure again, definitely not going to be counting

3 Likes

That’s my other thing. It starts to make you anxious stressed When you get so far, nah I hate it, I rather not know

2 Likes

Everyone is so different. It’s good to find out what works best for us individually. At the moment I’m in the early stages, and the only thing helping is looking at my sober time knowing I can make it to day five and not having to have to reset and start all over trying to get to day one.

7 Likes

Lol! This is definitely a new thing for me! Not sure what’s going on, lol! Normally I could sleep all day! Gotta love sober life!! :heart:

KGjy

All my love being sent to you Menno :heartpulse::heartpulse:Massive congratulations on your quad digits :partying_face::star2::star_struck::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Big congrats @Mno @Cherry_Kisses
Take care @SadMemeQueen things will be ok

3 Likes

That was beautiful Meno. I love you man. What a great share. I’m so goddamned proud of you my friend. You bring tears to my eyes.

Congratulations on your 1000 days. See you in 24 years of ODAATs. In our walkers :joy: You’ve been an awesome leader on here for some many of us. I’m so grateful for all you’ve done for me.
KhIpLH0WogmPe
:pray:t2::heart::pray:t2::heart::pray:t2::heart:

12 Likes

You’re Amazing Cherry.
Great job getting 30 days clean.
Amen :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Amazing. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for being here and continuing to be here to support and inspire others♥️

3 Likes

Yes!!! Way to go girl :heart:

1 Like

Just wow!

What an incredible share to read first thing at 8am.

Saying I’m proud of you is almost an under statement. It’s more than that. I am honoured to know you, even if it’s just cyber in nature.

I could relate to so much you said.

Here’s to many many more years of giving that little boy all the respect and love that he deserves.

I think I can say for many of us, we are truly grateful for the endless support, posts and feedback you give daily on this platform.

Have an awesome day / weekend.

7 Likes

1000!! :partying_face::star2::sparkling_heart: that’s incredible. Such a beautiful post to read. Congratulations @Mno

3 Likes