Checking in daily to maintain focus #42

Hey all, checking in on day 700! I hope everybody has a good one today :slightly_smiling_face:

I just realized that yesterday was 23 months haha whoops! Totally missed that. Almost to the big 2.0!

27 Likes

Thatā€™s so cool! Iā€™m right in front of you at 712, June 1st will be my 2 years. Iā€™m so proud of both of us! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Congratulations !!!

2 Likes

@Nordique Congratulations on 700 days!!! How fantastic is this!!
@BrianP Congratulations on 3 weeks! Awesome to hear this!! Proud of you!
@Englishd I love this picture so much!!! Ur kiddo is adorable! Love that heā€™s trying to have coffee like u :slight_smile:
@LaDyLooNtje I see what your saying for sure. And I get the sense that you really care for ur clients and their future. Its a tough spot to be in. Every client I work with also are very vulnerable and go out and use drugs (or use in their homes) and I see the struggle that it causes, on top of their intellectual disability. On one hand I see why you did that and how it could progress to something pretty serious, especially if he can purchase it on his own. On the other hand, if he doesnā€™t ā€œdrinkā€ often, or try to ā€œdrinkā€ due to being upset or stating that he needs to relax or whatever I donā€™t know if Iā€™d worry too, too much (just yet). I do feel like maybe having the experience you have, has amplified the situation in a sense. Just being more alert to addiction/alcoholism (probably more so than ur coworkers). If he has the mentality of a 7 year old, I wonder if when something is forbidden to do or get, then he will want it even more. I think back to myself as a child and when someone didnā€™t want me to do something, I wanted it even more or would rebel etc. So im wondering if that may apply to his situation seeing how he has a disability and his mentality is young. I would definitly keep an eye and watch out for ā€œsignsā€ of a possible addiction down the road. He is allowed to have this 0% beer in his home for the reason of normalization but at the same time, I wonder if just having a chat with him (if he can understand) about when people drink and why they drink etc would help? I often have talks with clients about their drug use and how to do it ā€œsafelyā€. They are technically adults by age but they all have a intellectual disability at the same time. Ultimately they can do what they want (believe me I donā€™t like it), but all I can do is support them and have talks with them and have the resources available when they need them. Itā€™s such a tough spot to be in, I hear u. We never want to see our clients suffer.

10 Likes

Great job you all. Had a tuff week but today I am working on day 2. Wish you well, keep it up!

12 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 90 - 3 Months!!
This just happened!!
Beyond blessed is an understatement!
Thanks to my HP and to my TS fam!
(And to me putting in the work :wink: haha)

42 Likes

Thanks Donna!! I feel like time has flown by and I still canā€™t believe Iā€™ve racked up this many days. Life is 1,000% better now than it was 23 months ago.

Proud of you!

@Butterflymoonwoman thank you!!

7 Likes

:tada: :tada: :tada:

So Awesome Dana !!

2 Likes

Day 18!
Iā€™m on my 4th day of my 4 day weekend and still sober! My previous days off would be how early can I start drinking and never getting anything done.

Had a good weekend, still having a hard time sitting still, but trying to put that into good use around my house. I wish everyone a great day! Thank you for your support, sending virtual hugs to all :hugs:

20 Likes

Thank u! :slight_smile: I appreciate that!!!

2 Likes

Ya you put in the work! We all see it and appreciate the hard work youā€™ve done to stay clean. Youā€™re such a great example for all of us. And Iā€™m so happy you found that God given strength. Wow :boom::boom::boom:90 days Dana!! God Bless :pray:t2:
I wanted to give you a fun gif. But from the bottom of my heart Iā€™m flooded with how awesome you are and how excited I am for you. And love :heart:
What a beautiful Sunday it is.
:pray:t2::heart::cactus:

5 Likes

Huge congrats on your 90 days, iv been very excited seeing you get to this point, your determination and strength are so powerful and positive. Im super proud to be able to see you celebrate this day :hugs::hugs:

3 Likes

Day 211 AF

Good morning everyone!

Went for an hour walk. Gonna go to my friendā€™s sonā€™s bday party later on this afternoon.

Yall have a great day! Stay strong, fam.

@Butterflymoonwoman congrats on 90 days! Proud of ya. Thanx for all you do for this community. Youā€™re always keepin up with folks.

@Nordique congrats on 700 days

16 Likes

Day 63. I am really worried. Iā€™ve been thinking too much about drinking beer. Thoughts like: ā€œif I drink life will be so much easy, have a drink, just one and you stopā€. I am losing it.

16 Likes

90 days!! I do not know you but I am so proud of you :clap::clap::clap: You have shared so much of your story with this community - your ups your downs , your highs and your lows, all the while remaining strong and focused. You are my inspiration and I pray that each day gives you further peace & joy :pray:

4 Likes

NOOOOOO, donā€™t do it! Be honest with yourself, would you stop or would you throw away everything youā€™ve done so far? Thatā€™s your inner drunk brain trying to trick you, tell it to F off and stay sober. Please be strong, you can do it!

4 Likes

Day 702 clean and sober today. Soooo freaking tired for some reason idk. I hope everyone has an amazing day today I love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

Congratulations @Butterflymoonwoman and congratulations @Nordique!!!

18 Likes

Donā€™t give up, our addicted brain will sometimes whisper to us like this. Just remember what can happen after a few drinks and why you want to quit. This whisper will go away if you give yourself time :pray::four_leaf_clover:

5 Likes

Hang in there bro it will pass!!! Keep talking to us here if you have to until it does!!! Like @maxwell and @Sunny11 said itā€™s just a trick, donā€™t fall for it!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

5 Likes

I reallly just want a break . Fuck Iā€™m tired. There is no other way to put it right now. Iā€™m just going to keep pushing forward. Hopefully something happens today I donā€™t feel like sleeping outside for seven more days . But I will if I have to. One day at a time just like everything else. Itā€™s really hard to see the light sometimes right now, or it feels like this is forever. Iā€™m trying to keep my routines and staying busy . I just already feel like itā€™s going to be a long day . I street preformed the last 2 days and it was very hotā€¦ but I have enough to rest the next few days . A friend suggested looking into going to the library. Going to try to keep this phone charged. Stay out of the sun. Really canā€™t wait for next Sunday to be somewhere permanent and go back to working and continue this sober journey

22 Likes