Checking in daily to maintain focus #45

Got myself a few soberversary gifts

30 Likes

Hey man any recommendations in Ireland. My sister is heading there in a fee days.

2 years :scream:
Omg :scream: Jess. Congratulations I had no idea you had a birthday coming up.
Since your not doing cake. How about some balloons.
Congratulations!! What a big dealā€‹:balloon::balloon: :balloon:
Iā€™m so happy and proud of you.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:
Love the middle finger thingy.

9 Likes

Yay you Jess!!! massive congrats Lady, those are awesome numbers! Be proud ( I know you are), I am too!

7 Likes

Congratulations on 2 Years, that is awesome!! Enjoy your sober day! :star_struck:

.animated_1604236863934

1 Like

Wow!! Hell yes!!! Huge congratulations to you! Omg amazing work :clap:

2 Likes

Congratulations, Jess. I love the presents you got yourself. I hope your recovery goes well and you progress with your knee :innocent:

3 Likes

7/29/2020. Lord, you are one of the ones I admire so much! Getting and staying clean during a world wide pandemic. I donā€™t know if I could have with all the extra fear and stress. My hat is off to you. Congrats!!

5 Likes

Day 311 checking in having a quiet nite tonight shower then chill out have a good day people :pray:t2:

14 Likes

Iā€™m hoping this isnā€™t too harsh, but whether or not you felt anything isnā€™t the point. You craved alcohol and then acted on that craving. Sure itā€™s your sobriety and you can do with it as you please. But by not resetting your time youā€™ve already given yourself permission to do it again. The ā€œpromiseā€ to reset if it happens again is pretty standard alcoholic justification

15 Likes

Back on day 3 back to binge watching Netflix in a lot of pain stupid pancreas :weary::sob:

4 Likes

@Dazercat @Mno @maxwell @Butterflymoonwoman @anon74766472 @SassyBoomer
Thank you thank you! Yā€™all put a big ole smile on my face :purple_heart: :purple_heart: The support and stories of everyone here on TS has been such a crucial piece of my sobriety and I am so dang grateful for each and every one of you!

13 Likes

Hey Kat here checking in at day 55 free of alcohol and benadryl and Day 360 off meth pills.

Day 3 of a 5-day stretch at work. It is funny at work how the rumors go round I get asked almost every day if it is true I used to be an RN (I work now as a PSW or nurseā€™s aide). Of course I donā€™t say anything about addiction but I do fess up to having had a ā€˜breakdown.ā€™ā€¦well true it was a fucking spectacular breakdown involving IV narcotics and PTSD and compassion fatigue lol.
People are just curious why I want to work at a job that pays about half what I used to make. I say itā€™s less stress (which it is). Lol.

Other than that I am starting to remember to surrender every day and to work my program every day or the disease will come back and destroy me. Loving meetings every day, I feel safe at meetings even on Zoom.

Much love to you all

Kat

15 Likes

Day 81, checking in :sunny: one day at a time.

19 Likes

Well done :clap:

Congratulations, well done :clap:

1 Like

Day 209 nearly done. Can anyone advise me if the battle in my mind between wanting a drink, because I feel like Iā€™m missing out, ever goes? Iā€™m having to constantly remind myself that I have a new better life now, but itā€™s just hard having that voice talking to me at times. I hope I make sense

12 Likes

Checking in
Day 165
Today has been decent. 4th covid shot went well. Spent time playing Minecraft with my boy and did some cleaning. Just listened to an Aboriginal Elder (who I know from back home) speak on troubling events and how he handles them. And it was amazing to hear a different approach on how to handle such things. He basically said when he is approached with a troubling event, a conflict, or something traumatic, instead of reacting to the situation with emotionā€¦ he sometimes doesnā€™t comment on it in the moment. He doesnā€™t really say much until he has prayed to Creator about it and asked for guidance. Then he can approach the situation with a clear and connected (to Creator) mind. He also said that healing is often not planned. Things happen unexpectedly and healing can come in many forms. It was interesting to listen how others handle situations. Something Iā€™d like to strive for personally. Day has been better since I have slowed down. I really focused on doing things with purpose :pray:

14 Likes

Congrats on your 2 years sober Jess!!!

Woooohooooo, so stoked to be on this journey with you. Mah little sugah twin. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

That voice will come and go thatā€™s your addiction talkin wanting to drag you back nothing good comes from drinking we all have experienced it or we wouldnā€™t be on this app your not missing out thatā€™s for sure :pray:t2:

3 Likes