Checking in daily to maintain focus #45

Day 38. Didn’t sleep well and up early. This is one thing about being sober I actually don’t mind, the getting up early and being able to function even when I did not sleep well. When I drank I could sleep forever, especially when I was hungover. I think I’ve lost years of my life to sleeping off hangovers.

I’m teaching 1 class today. Lots of drama at work. I’m trying to stay out of it. I work with all women so I guess drama is unavoidable. My friend who is my manager is the cause of it. I’m not really even sure if we’re friends anymore. Lol And I think I’m ok with that.

I find this funny in a way because as I have posted here previously, I’m a Yoga Instructor. Where I work, people come to get away from this type of shit. We’re not perfect either. Everyone everywhere has their shit. Oh and a lot of instructors drink and are not Vegan. I think that’s a misconception.:laughing:

Have a great day!:sparkles: ODAAT

12 Likes

Omg I just laughed at ur post. Not in a mean way or anything but bcuz I can just relate to that work drama and the fact that ur in the yoga field and there still so much headache and drama lol I work in the social services field. We work with clients who highly behavioral and yet the drama at work is exhausting. I don’t get tired of working the clients. It’s the staff and management that I get tired of lol. And yet we are supposed to be supportive and compassionate and empathetic and yet they are the farthest things from it at times. That’s why I laughed lol I’ll be honest tho, I thought that alot of people who taught yoga were very all about the earth and vegan and very much about their health and mindset. Its a good reminder that we are all human no matter what field we are in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Day 121. Feel like shit thanks to covid. Still sober. Started a new home gym project since I realized it may not be safe to go to gym, cases are exploding in my city.

11 Likes

Hahaha I get tired of clients here too though! Major drama when ever there is a schedule change. Threatening to freeze or cancel memberships over it. I’m too old for this. My customer service skills no longer work when I’m approached like that. My response is either to ignore them or just say, “Ok!”. :joy:

Some studios I have been at the owners are Vegan and the image they put forth is of what your stereotypical studio would be. However, the instructors they hire are usually not. But some have rules like you can’t tell people directly you’re not Vegan and try to police your social media posts, etc.

Many students also use the heated classes to “detox”, if you will. I teach at 7:30 am on Sundays. That class gets HOT! :fire: I can’t tell you how many people come to that class hungover or still drunk from the night before to sweat it out.

See, we’re all full of shit!:rofl:

4 Likes

O.M.G… that’s sooo funny!!! I would’ve never have guessed about the lieing to the clients and having these rules in place. Wow it’s soo much diff than I thought! I have always wanted to try a hot yoga class. But not to detox… more for cleansing. Altho I would’ve never been able to go the day after using. I wouldn’t have the energy to do yoga in a hot room lol. I’d probably pass out from dehydration and exhaustion. Its just so interesting to here about that side of things. I know even when I was working at the gym (not as a personal trainer but at the front desk doing memberships and letting people in etc), we even had to portray a certain image. We couldn’t even eat what we wanted at the front desk lol we could snack but no pop or juice, only water. And we couldn’t eat anything unhealthy. So overnights (the gym was open 24 hours), the body builders that would come in at all random hours would sometimes bring me a small pizza or other “unhealthy” food to eat haha cuz I was sick of the veggies and dip I always had haha

2 Likes

I totally hear you. My husband also drinks… Every night. Sometimes not too much and sometimes way too much. It has been one of the most difficult obstacles but you’re right, it is our own conscious decision to drink. I’ll say though that the other day I was talking to my husband and I said it’s just really hard when summer is here because the hot weather really makes me want to drink and he said “well you could just have one”. I mean honestly I’m thinking seriously? I have been absolutely 100% honest with him and he knows there’s been maybe once in my life I had only one. He even offered to go to the store and get it for me and it’s extremely frustrating but I do think that he thinks it’s enjoyable when we both drink together but it never is! I always have anxiety and never sleep well plus we usually end up arguing, so I’m not sure how he can blind himself from what actually occurs. Anyways, congratulations on making it through many hard times and for being honest with yourself and us at this time.
It’s also really great that you know some of your triggers.
I have a bachelorette party to go to on the weekend and I’m really nervous about it. I do feel like I absolutely have to go because I am actually the maid of honor for my sister-in-law. This is going to be difficult for me. Anyways I didn’t mean to make this post so much about me but I just wanted you to know I know how you feel and I might start checking in more on the post below(I hope I copied that right)

Are you affected by a loved one who is an addict?

7 Likes

Hi All, my counter says Day 31, but seems like I’ve been on 31 for a couple days. :thinking:

Anyway, I’m still struggling with sleep. I’m exhausted all day, when I go to bed, I usually fall asleep for a couple hours, then wake up. This happened so often when I drank, so I’m not sure if my body is trained to all the years I drank, but it sucks. One of the benefits I wanted when quitting was decent or enough sleep. I’m trying to be patient. I know my withdrawals went longer than a lot here, so maybe this is as well.

I’m not planning on drinking today, so that’s a plus. I don’t know about tomorrow, but not planning on then either. Everyone have an AF day, you guys are the best!! :hugs: :heart: :pray::rose:

11 Likes

That’s funny! I’m sure by midnight you needed the pizza! Lol

The classes are heated because it helps the body warm up/open up faster and it can help make the poses more accessible. Some think sweat is a detox. In the most recent training I just took they were saying that sweat doesn’t detox the body. Idk. I understand why they’re saying that but I still think sweating aids in the detox process.

If you want to try a class you definitely should! Do not be intimidated! Opt for a beginning or gentle flow/slow flow type class. Idk if you have Class Pass in Canada or a version of it? You can go to many different gyms, Pilates or yoga studios, cycle studios, etc for much cheaper than paying for a class at a studio.:relaxed:

1 Like

I’m not sure if these are available where you are but I use the melatonin plus and it really helps. I tried the tranquil sleep and didn’t like it as much. There’s something about the combination of Ltheanine and 5 htp with the melatonin that seem to really work. Of course, double check if you are on any other medication that it is safe to take.

3 Likes

Great numbers Fleur! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

7 Likes

I love this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I appreciate the shout out! Yeah, things are going very well and I have no complaints :slightly_smiling_face: I just want to make sure I stay active here even when nothing big is going on, just like you said.

Routine has always been a major part of my sobriety. Although I just realized that apparently I lost my “regular” status sometime between yesterday and today :cry: not sure how that happened since I’ve been on here everyday for the last 2 years lol

4 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean by this but there are many different meetings, because we are not made from a cookie cutter. What meetings did you try?

I didn’t find my people in the first year of recovery nor at the first 3 meetings I was attending. It took me getting way out if my comfort zone and traveling into another area to find a group of people I could really settle in with.

I could have given up, thrown my hands in the air and said, " Fuck it! Recovery is no different than highschool I will never fit in." But I didn’t… I pushed through all those uncomfortable feelings to find somewhere that I actually belonged. I got out of those self centered feelings of self pity and the self defeating thoughts.

And things will always be this way if you keep telling yourself that. The power that we have over our own destiny is incredible, what we put out into the world is what we get. I challenge you to change your perspective for awhile and see what happens.

You deserve to be surrounded by love and you deserve to feel happy and a part of.

Sending lots of love your way.
:heart:

11 Likes

Thanks @Miranda. I suppose our husband’s don’t want to acknowledge our drinking - maybe because they don’t want to confront their own drinking? I know there are a lot of couples that navigate a sober/drinker relationship with grace. I’m trying to work on that!

Best wishes for a fun, sober Bachelorette party! Bring your favorite beverage and stay strong💪

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Sending good vibes your way and hope you feel better soon. Glad to hear you were able to be with your dad towards the end.
Sending love :heart:

2 Likes

Hey guys. Checking in day 46. Gonna watch umbrella academy episode 8 I think.
I already watched stranger things, which was exceptional and also the boys, I did not like some of the s3xual scenes. But overall was really good.

I also joined another community a month ago from which I am also getting help. Mostly people recovering from PMO are there.

I consider myself really lucky as I am part of not 1 but 2 great communties. I love you guys so much…

Have a very nice day. Peace.

8 Likes

Super happy to wake up to 30 days! App hasn’t given me the chip/ medal as my last drink was 10pm. Days roll over then. I have never been sober this many days and it feels crazy to know I have done 30 days straight. Happy to be sober today.

25 Likes

Hey Isela, CONGRATULATIONS, you did it! :heart: :purple_heart:

tenor-2

2 Likes

@Mindymoo I am feeling fantastic. Life is definitely better this way.
@maxwell we’re doing it!!! I am right behind you for the 45 days.

:balloon: :tada: :tada: :tada:Celebrate good time come on!!! :tada: :tada: :tada: :balloon:

4 Likes

I’m going to try that with my neighbors cat; get her high and send her home! :woozy_face:

1 Like