Checking in daily to maintain focus #49

Sorry its day 1. Sorry youre struggling and still want to drink. However the 7 days you had sober still count, and are proof that you do want better for yourself.

Its hard but still possible. All you have to do is tonight. Keep reading and writing on here, or sleep, or whatever you can to distract fron the urge.

You can do this! :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

6 Likes

Day 44. Havenā€™t checked in for a while. Iā€™m still here though. Still af af. Getting ready for a race so been putting in lots of miles. Shedding pounds, feeling great, sleeping great. I honestly donā€™t know why I never quit drinking sooner. Best decision of my life. Even played my first golf tournament sober yesterday. Every single other person it seemed was drinking but I just stuck to water and it did not bother me one single bit. Crazy. Hope yā€™all have a wonderful day. God bless.

14 Likes

@Leveller Sending strength on a sad day.

@Deelzebub Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:

@Bones_80 @KarenKW Dig deep. The first few days are hard, but it does get easier.

@LAB It is great when not drinking is not something you do, but something you are.

@Intothesun Sober mornings never get old, do they?

@Juli1 Congratulations :purple_heart::muscle::purple_heart:

4 Likes

tonight will be day 242 of no self harm.

Iā€™ve been feeling more sick so I havenā€™t done Legos the last 2 days. really bad sore throat and constantly congested. canā€™t sleep very long, headache, no appetite. i called off work tomorrow to avoid getting anyone else sick. my mom is sick as well. both tested at home for COVID and weā€™re negative but our tests are expired so I donā€™t know how accurate they are. since thereā€™s been COVID at work Iā€™m going to go get tested at a center Wednesday if Iā€™m not better.

something positive: got my iPad. obsessed with it. Iā€™ve been trying to learn how to use procreate. I used tutorials so these arenā€™t original artworks, I followed a step by step guide, but Iā€™ve made these

this is my first

this is my second

17 Likes

Thank you Eric!!! Ur post made me smile :smiley: i appreciate all the support youve given me over the years! How have you been?

3 Likes

Wow!!! :hushed: these are beautiful pieces!!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Well, weā€™re your friends :revolving_hearts: and weā€™re here to help, listen, give advice when needed, or just chat back and for forth with. :relaxed:

Congratulations on 715 days also!!! Wow!! Iā€™m only on day 20. Youā€™re an inspiration

6 Likes

I struggle with friends in real life also. I have one friend. And a few coworkers who i am friendly withā€¦but i have a whole slew of (new) friends here.

With that being said. Do you have plans for Halloween? I am taking my kids trick or treating tomorrow after work. :jack_o_lantern::relaxed:

4 Likes

Day 23.

So I tried to get buy tires last night after discovering a flat on my car. All the tire places were closed. So I went into Walmart this morning, and was told that they donā€™t carry my size. Iā€™ll have to special order them. I called around. It turned out that none of the shops near me carried them. So I gave up. My wife and I had a Halloween gig to work on this afternoon. So I had to prepare for that. But when I got home, I checked around and found that I kept 2 old used tires to my car. Not sure if they would work, I took the one with the best tread and put it on. And it worked beautifully! ā€¦ for 1 hour.

So after our gig, I put some more air in it and got some slime hoping it would reduce the leak. Iā€™ll keep you informed. Meanwhile, Iā€™m planning to buy 4 new tires from Amazon or eBay.

10 Likes

Day 34. It struck me today that not drinking is not my end goal. Something resembling happiness is the goal. Not drinking is how I get there.

18 Likes

This is very true. My life if full of joy with sprinkles of happy days.

2 Likes

thank youā¤ļø

I am really happy for you that you still feel your feelings at your age. I mean feeling my feelings is what itā€™s about in a first step for me. Then the next big part: dealing with them appropriately somehow.
They are there and they want to tell you something. We have to listen instead of scolding ourselves.

I am glad you are here Charlie :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Wow today this is something i needed to hear, thank you !!
So true and the way you writ it struck me like a light bulb being switched on i needed to hear this.

Congratulations on your 34 days :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 100 days :hugs::grin:
Your doing so well im so glad your here with us have a lovely day :purple_heart:

@SadMemeQueen Wow you have so many hidden talents im so glad to see you trying new things. Your very creative :slightly_smiling_face:

@Butterflymoonwoman Your dream catcher is amazing, you make them really fast ? And so pretty.

1 Like

This is wonderful! These colorsā€¦
Please post more of your creative output if you wantā€¦ As a very visual person, watching beautiful things makes me so happy :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:
You just inspired me to create a new vision board these days :grinning::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I knew it! You did an extraordinary dreamcatcher again! :wink:

The teacher is going to love it.

1 Like

I use also the Huawei watch for hiking. I got a little nervous breakdown as I finished my trail yesterday and the watch couldnā€™t connect to the app. I think this was because of the time change. Luckily it worked after a while, without resetting the clock.

2 Likes

that means a lot, I definitely plan to post moreā¤ļø

2 Likes

Yes, madam. Welcome to the triple digits! Nicely done!

2 Likes