Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Day 471

Just been to the gym, 10k on the treadmill felt good, although pulling my calf and straining my Achilles at 8.5k and still finishing it was probably not the best idea. I know it’s about getting results and not about getting hurt but I don’t quit on my goals.

Pain is weakness leaving the body, just like sweat is your body crying for change. A little pain is good for you, whether it’s physical or emotional, it reminds you that you are alive.

Had a good weekend, was my baby girls 11th birthday yesterday, plenty of fun was had and we had an amazing buffet breakfast with croissants, chocolate covered fruit and pancakes followed by bronuts (brownie donuts) and millionaire shortbread. Topped of with an amazing home made cake made by my superwoman.

Now time for a bath, some deep heat, pain killers and lots of stretching, before I do the household chores to avoid superwoman turning into SheHulk! :joy:

22 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Congrats on day 5!

3 Likes

Day 286. Just grateful everyday. Been really focused on drawing. But not overwhelming myself with it, or over critical of myself. My mom is coming to see me today, tomorrow is my birthday so we’re going out today for my bday lunch it will be awesome to see her. Are relationship is much stronger then it’s ever been. Yup the big old 33 tomorrow yippie hoohahay. Much love

26 Likes

Hahaha happy almost birthday Mike, mines on Wednesday! We are 20 years apart I’ll be 53 :flushed: Enjoy your 30’s brother!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

9 Likes

Day 1004 clean and sober today. I would have been well on my way to Yosemite today for Vacation but it’s still shut down. I was able to move my reservation to June which is awesome because I’ve already paid for the lodging. I think I will have a lot more fun in June anyway so I’m ok with it! I hope everyone has an amazing day today, love you guys! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

24 Likes

Checking in day 190! Had a decent weekend- not as restful as I needed, but spent time with friends and family which is also important. Have a long day of work ahead and hopefully will be able to catch up on some paperwork that’s overdue :sweat_smile:

Wishing y’all a magnificent sober Monday :raised_hands:t3:

19 Likes

Thank you Joe :heart: :blush:

4 Likes

Congratulations on 24 days. Just keep going. ODAAT. I am at 321 days Thomas,I treat every day like it’s Day One. That’s what worksvfor me. Stand tall,I am proud of you.

9 Likes

@Sabrina80 Hope you’re doing well. Time does heal things that medication cannot. You’re lucky to have a very understanding employer.
@Ravikamor I didn’t know you joined the 1,000 club. How did I miss that? Congratulations!
@CueBall8n9 Thank you!
@anon53116147 Happy birthday!
@Rockstar24777 I’m almost 53 myself. Sucks, doesn’t it? Yosemite looks beautiful! Glad I’m not there right now, though.

Day 6
Got up way to soon. again. Insight Timer is a gift from God for getting to sleep. Staying asleep? Different story. So I wake up around 5:30 and decide to stay up so I don’t sleep through my alarm. So now that I have to leave in about an hour, guess what? I’m nodding off again. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Well, Brian won’t be here till 12:30, I guess I can take a nap before he gets here. Bummer is, I gotta walk to my appointment (almost a mile) which wouldn’t have been a problem only 3 months ago.
Check back in later. G’day, fam! :v:

21 Likes

Checking in on day 76. Today is a tough day, my dad was rushed to the hospital tonight and was released an hour ago, with diagnosed heart insufficiency. All the hospitals within a 50 km range are full, there is no empty bed for surveyance, and he should call the emergency number again if his condition worsens. If anyone thinks, Germany has an exemplary health system: these times are long gone.
At least I have the opposite of cravings, I wouldn’t allow any alcohol to influence me as I want to be there for my family in need.

20 Likes

Checking in this beautiful morning and 20 days sober, 3 months without cigarettes and now trying to cut back on my sugar intake. Feeling good and thankful for all the little things in life. Have a great day everyone

22 Likes

@DryIn785 Day 6 is awesome progress and staying connected with daily check-ins helps to keep it going. I have an AA meeting tonight and a meeting with my sponsor beforehand and I find myself looking forward to these meetings every week.

Sometime ago I would scoff at the idea of AA and definitely wouldn’t have admitted it to anyone. I have grown to love and admire the guys at AA and the wonderful people on this site.

My addiction drove me inward and made me believe that I don’t like people. The reality is that I need people in my life. The important thing for me is to make sure I invite the right people into my life that works to support my sobriety.

Day 34 today and it is because of this group and people like you who come here and check in and tell your story. Your story gives mine hope and strength.

8 Likes

Day 23 no weed
Day 129 no alcohol

Woke up feeling yucky
Took a shower
Washing clothes

And tomorrow I have work
I’m on such thin ice
Tomorrow is do or die at work
Wish me luck. I’ll need it

18 Likes

Afternoon :white_check_mark: check in

Had a lazy morning, body is aching from intense fitness classes and swims and I’m ready for this evening sessions :slightly_smiling_face:
Painted my nails with strengthener varnish as the gel polish + nails I feel have weakened them, hopefully this will help.

Have a lovely rest of the day all :purple_heart:

14 Likes

111 days :muscle: chilling watching Wednesday on Netflix so good so far

Pain not to bad still only on fortisips

Gums healing a bit not looking forward to the next lot taken out :tooth::tooth::tooth::sob:

Happy sober Monday everyone bit windy out there lol

14 Likes

This won’t last forever I think :grimacing: But for now it works, thanks God.
But with some coworkers it’s getting complicated. Some don’t believe me or others who get sick THAT they’re sick.
One coworker for example tries to get pregnant and has to take hormones. Those can make you dizzy from one minute to the other. Last week she had to go home because of the side effects. They blamed her she’s lying. That’s so not okay.
I already got a call from one of them asking something about work and then asking me about my health and what exactly is wrong.
One of them was sick for months last year because of a beauty surgery, then she got Covid, then a broken arm and then a nose surgery.
Nobody said a thing. But God forbid one of us is sick.
And no good jobs in sight I could switch to :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

Woooooohoooooo!

Welcome to the 1,000 club, we have been waiting for you. :heart: :partying_face: :heart:

4 Likes

Congratulations on those numbers :blush:
But don’t rush it with the sugar, many of us tried that in early sobriety and it’s so effing hard. It’s okay to wait some months more and first be stable in your sobriety, then rock the sugar thing.

7 Likes

:high_brightness: Morning Check In :high_brightness:
Day 393
Woke up after a restful sleep. Had my coffee and went on my Bible Zoom group. Really good message there. Now im basically taking care of all the domestic stuff around the apartment that needs to get done. Then i will do a workout at home since i missed my workout time this morning for the gym. Will make sure to get prayer and meditation in first tho to start my day off right. Have a great day everyone!
:butterfly:

17 Likes