Checking in daily to maintain focus #52

Day 6

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with strong urges and cravings in specific time of the day?
I get crazy urges between 6pm and 9pm (time when I usually go out and get drunk)

11 Likes

Im 13 days sober today and very happy to have made it almost 2 weeks. Yesterday i was really off. Feeling depressed, aggitated and just crabby. Had a good sleep and now im off to work this morning and hopefully will have a better day. Hope you all have a good day as well.

12 Likes

Getting myself very busy and tired is what was helping me. So I cleaned a lot when I had urges and was restless :face_with_peeking_eye:
Do yoy have hobby’s you can pick up again? Something that needs focus?

6 Likes

Good mornin" my personal favourite was chasing the endorphins rush of exercise but I guess any healthy hobby would be a good distraction till you free and clear with good amount of clean time. For me I was ignoring the advice ’ avoid extrremes’ meaning don’t let your hobby become a form of addiction swapping.
Ty for helping me remember sobriety first :pray::person_in_lotus_position::person_raising_hand::heart:

4 Likes

Congratulations on 4 years! Thanks for sharing your success, it inspires us all!! :blush:

2 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 995. I hope everybody has a good one!

12 Likes

Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a happy, sober Monday! :blush: celebrating Day 15, upwards and onwards…!

My mental focus has been on knowing in my soul that sober living is my destiny and being consciously aware of how lucky I am to be able to meet that destiny with open arms.

12 Likes

I guess I’ll try working out during that period.
Thank you for the advice!

1 Like

Then I’ve to nap even more than you.:smile:

1 Like

Congratulations to 1 sober week!:+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the response! I knew it wouldn’t easy but this is insane. My moods are all over the place. I ended up doing my morning pages anyway—journaling and that calmed me down but I’m still in a wretched mood. I’m gonna head to gym now because I found the energy

5 Likes

Congratulations to 4 years of sobriety!:tada::confetti_ball::tada::confetti_ball::tada:

1 Like

Nearly 2 weeks is a big achievement and something to be really proud of! Keep it up, the longer you put your energy into things that matter, the easier it gets to say “No”. Have a productive and good day!

5 Likes

#27 days Sober !!! Beautiful morning.

I still have no power to my place. 3 days a counting no electricity……

I have had no urges to drink thanks to AA, my sponsor, and this Community.

I feel very fortunate. It’s been way over two years since I go anywhere past two weeks.

16 Likes

If possible, go for a swim, jog, hike in the evening, hit the gym, watch a movie in a cinema and use your time actively. That is one of the biggest changes in my life since I am sober: in the past, I would wait until I could call it a day and have a drink, but there was no energy left for me besides drinking, all I did was watch TV, play video games and drink. Now I hit the gym 4x a week, sometimes add one or two cardio trainings if time permits, read, meet with friends and cook quite often, things I never had time and energy for and to care about before. What a change in life! That’s also all ahead of you, just concentrate on staying sober this evening, by doing something you haven’t done for a while and you would enjoy doing. All the best!

6 Likes

Checking in on day 69. My father got his stents inserted this morning and everything went well, which lifted a lot of weight off my and my family’s shoulders. Busy working day but I started off good into the week and now look forward to going to the gym in an hour :muscle:t3:!
Have a splendid and sober day to all of you!

14 Likes

I’m at nearly 4 months and not faltering. I am unsure if my unsettled feelings today are my booze brain trying to weaken my resolve or if my new sober time, during which I have been actively working on myself in very positive ways, is revealing parts of my life that are simply dissatisfying. I feel like at home and at work, I have created environments where I take care of everything with great love and creativity. I dedicate so much of myself to it. And I’m stuck. I can’t ever get out of these tight little boxes my caretaking tasks have put me in. No one helps at home. No one sees my efforts at work as foundations for growth within the company. I do the work of 4 people in both realms, and who would ever replace that? So I’m stuck. Again, still reasoning if this is 100% true or my booze brain saying, “Oh, you just need a release, and I have an idea!” But today I feel bummed and kinda icky. But I’m sober and staying that way.

16 Likes

I just took a screenshot of this for a daily motivation.
Thank you!

1 Like

Get in the shower!!
I took a second shower many days around 5 5:30 when it was martini time. I’d get the water as hot as possible and sit in it for 20 minutes or so. I’d end up crying it out. I was so upset I just cannot drink like a normie. After a good hot shower and cry I’d be all relaxed and cook a nice meal with sparkling water in my favorite wine glass. Those showers save my life. And they also fucked with my mind. Got to break the routine. I never take showers in the afternoon. And I slept like a baby.
:pray:t2::heart::shower:

13 Likes

Checking in. Day 10. Went to the gym today and did not tear myself down. I did my best.

12 Likes