Checking in daily to maintain focus #60

Having my coffee on my day off. Not quite sure what to do today as I’d like to be outside but I see the rain slowly changing to sleet. Let’s take my time and think of some stuff to do. I dreamt about clearing out a garage. Not mine but it was my stuff, including the rolled up carpet that was on the floor in my room when I last lived with my mum some 45 years ago :thinking:.

Anyway. I am sure I’ll remain sober and clean today and I expect the same from all of you. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Love. Pic is a reminder of warmth and travels and friends and kitties.

28 Likes

Nighttime check in 648.
Today was my seven year marriage anniversary with my husband. We’ve been together for 18ish. We spent it how we normally spend days off; cleaning, relaxing and shopping for the week and ending the night with a movie. We cooked Thanksgiving sides for dinner and a tiny lobster tail as our anniversary treat.

We also decided to stay married for another year at least. It may sound silly but on our anniversary we talk about it. We love each other and we know that at any moment one of us could decide to go. We decided to stick with it today.

Just like sobriety you could always choose differently. Today I choose to keep trying to love better, both my husband and myself through sobriety. Keep choosing.

21 Likes

Happy anniversary Emilie! I love that talk you two had. Making good choices one day at a time :people_hugging:

3 Likes

Thanks Menno. Life is all choices. :blush:

5 Likes

My earliest check in ever… day 138.

9 Likes

I thixed button mapping on my ‘‘Sobriety Portal’’ :sweat_smile:
Now it’s working correctly. All buttons doing it’s job. It also has backwards buttons to go back and to not get lost. Main idea is to give sort of rewind through all the journey. Ofcourse I hope to add more in the future, but for Today, let’s keep it to the point.

''One Button at a Time" :nerd_face:

:previous_track_button: :arrow_forward: :stop_button:

11 Likes

Day 77 … still sober

12 Likes

Lots of work making all those buttons work! Congrats on 63 zzz, keep going.

4 Likes

568, checking in.

14 Likes

Day 7/8

At a meeting right now as I work. Good listens to strengthen the heart.
Will eat well, drink water
Run and gym later
Early bed and recovery sleeping. My sleep is Soooo good lately. Loving it.

Monday is always a bit gritty, but friction makes smooth surfaces. Keep scrubbing.

14 Likes

Day 2. Listened to sober podcast. Drank coffee. Posted items. Feeling physically unwell but taking the right steps. Looking at AA groups to go to. Looking at group therapy sessions. Journalled. Booked therapy session 1 to 1 for tomorrow. Booked Doctors appointment. Just slowly seeing what I need to do for my health today. Messaged a friend I am meeting on Weds about my drinking so she knows where I am and I don’t have to explain it on Weds. Feel like I need to take as many pre-cautionary steps.

Good luck to everyone today on a Sober Monday.

14 Likes

Day 1,263 clean and sober today if I did the math right lol. Been awhile since I’ve been here and I hope all is well with everyone. Life got pretty dark again for awhile but I believe I’ve found the right medication combination to help alleviate my depression etc. I hope everyone has an amazing day, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

36 Likes

Hey buddy!!! WOW is it great to see you back. We were all worried about you :heart:

On an unrelated note, I’m checking in on day 1261. I hope everyone has a good one!

11 Likes

Good to be back @Nordique!! I’m trying to figure out my sobriety days lol. Wasn’t I like 2 days ahead of you? Or 1 something like that. I’m glad you’re still here bro, well done!!

4 Likes

It’s great to see you Robbie. You’ve been missed. A lot. :people_hugging: :heart: :people_hugging:

7 Likes

150 days - sober
2 months - intermittent fasting (with some cheat days here and there during neck pain, last 5 days back on 16:8 track)
5 days - meditations, morning if possible plus before sleep (guided, using Insight Timer)

Still no working out, no running. Maybe today…

19 Likes

Awwww thank you Mno I’ve missed you all too!

4 Likes

Thanks man! It’s great to have you back.

Yea I am 99% sure you were 2 days ahead of me so that would put you at 1,263.

4 Likes

Awesome bro thank you!

3 Likes

Yeap that was quite of a trip :sweat_smile:

back-to-the-future-scientist

5 Likes