Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

Oh ughhhh! What might seem like a minor annoyance to some means a huge detraction from quality of life, especially when it causes no sleep before/between long work hours. Working with maintenance folks never seems to go smoothly…it’s the worst. So sorry you’re dealing with this. And frustrating that your partner isn’t seeming to help much, too. I hope you do in fact get a bit of sleep, better than none, and it gets resolved ASAP. Sending sleepy vibes :sleeping:

8 Likes

I received a birthday badge from TS :smiley::four_leaf_clover:!
I started in December 2016 and I am sober since July 2017. In the months in between I learned a lot through TS. Day 2363 :dancer:

25 Likes

Good morning

Just checking in after the completion of day three of our Christmas extravaganza. It is finally complete and my heart is so full, we had such a beautiful holiday. I think I am feeling extra grateful because my father made it through his hopsital scare. I was able to be 100% present through this whole experience, and only because of the skills I have learned in the last 9 years. Mhm, yes, 3 years, 11 months and 28 days clean but I have been working on my recovery from addiction now for 18 years. Its not often we get this in our first go. You know, my first mistake was thinking abstinence was the answer, that it was all that it took. Was I ever wrong. My second mistake was thinking I could heal my wounded psyche, while I was using, with all the specialized doctors and meds money could buy. Was I ever wrong. My suffering finally became so unbearable I surrendered everything and that is the only thing that has worked for me.

This year I was able to apply my program to my eating disorder, something I have been struggling to do for almost 4 years. I was Honest about what would work for me around an eating schedule at Christmas time. I was O penminded about a sit down dinner. And I was W illing to do anything to make sure my body was nourished and that I felt safe while I was doing it. Maybe i was applying my program before but I was always looking for big moves. I am learning to recognize the small stuff.

I am grateful for Narcotics Anonymous
I am grateful to have a life worth living today and I am grateful to never have to use drugs again.

#dualpostingcomingup

22 Likes

Checking in at 5 days and 21 hours as I think I’m going to fall asleep before I hit 6 days!

I’m proud of myself for making it this far. 6.5 days is my record so I’m hoping to absolutely smash it this time.

Feeling extremely tired today - I think I’ve managed to catch the lurgy that’s going around. I have a free day tomorrow to rest and relax, then a drugs and alcohol meeting and GP appointment on Friday.

Have a good night/day all.

17 Likes

I am very happy to report that I woke up feeling like a new woman this morning! So much better! No more major symptoms, just left with the tiredness and lack of energy. That will come with time, rest and baby steps. Thanks again for all the support you guys have shown. It meant a lot as it can feel very lonely being stuck in bed. I can’t even imagine how this whole ordeal would have been worse if I was still trying to self medicate with alcohol, it is frankly scary to think about. I’m so grateful to be where I am today.

I also found out yesterday that I’m going to be a Tía/Auntie again! My other brother and his partner announced their pregnancy over FaceTime yesterday and they’re due in July! I’m so thrilled for them and for my little immediate family to see grand baby #2 come into our lives. What a joy! :face_holding_back_tears:

21 Likes

Amazing! Your long term sobriety is really inspiring. Thanks for sharing - I love when TS “old timers” share their success. It’s great for those of us in earlier days/years to see what’s possible.

Same goes for you @Its_me_Stella, friend. Your description of what sobriety has done for you in your life beyond abstinence and the work that you’ve put in to get to where you are is such a valuable lesson for others. Thank you, as always, for sharing your story.

8 Likes

Congrats on smashing your record, you surely will, one step and one day at a time.

2 Likes

Annoying as fuck. That would also drive me nuts, sorry…

Honestly, I taught myself basic toilet plumbing and pretty much fix our loo now. What kind do you have, it can be a super simple and cheap fix. Picture ? It’s usually the flush valve or the cistern.

5 Likes

Day 1103,

Navigated Christmas ok. Not the best of time, hit a meeting on Monday evening, which was nice. Went for the supermarket, but decided to do the meeting. Was good to be at the gym this morning after these days. Now my thoughts are wandering towards new years eve. Probably will be alone that evening. It is what it is, one step at a time.

Friday I need to hand in my company leasecar. Another step away from that toxic environment. Went for a new car today, couldn’t have done it without the help of my parents. Doesn’t feel perfectly right, need to work on my acceptance and gratitude there.

:pray:

13 Likes

Checking in
Day 682
Its a fairly nice day out there today so decided Id go out and do a big grocery shop for the family. I was getting suuuuper irritated with people at the store. Had to just slow down and tell myself to relax. Slow walkers tend to irritate me and yet they teach me a valuable lesson. Thats there really no need to rush. I can enjoy my shopping experience and be polite and courteous. It makes me feel better :slight_smile:
Im heading home to put everything away and then relax with my family. Dont have too much planned for the rest of the day. Maybe some self care. Maybe read a bit more of my Atomic Habits book. Idk. Hope everyone has a good day! :butterfly:

18 Likes

727 days alcohol free

16 Likes

Toy train track building today with the boys :smiling_face:
Back to healthier eating.
Gym was absolutely rammed. I guess we all had the same idea… X

18 Likes

Day 9 grateful to be sober

18 Likes

Day 206 AF.
We went to the winter light show at Edinburgh Botanics this evening and got chips and ice cream on the way home.

19 Likes

@residentevil So sorry for your loss. Grateful that you are still sober and were able to get through the harassment of not drinking. I know that can be overwhelming at times from those that don’t understand the addiction.
@bones_80 see that 400 days Ian – so great to see you friend. I do hope you are starting to feel better. Hopefully you will feel settled in from the move soon too – I know that can be exhausting.
@garry great job on getting back on day 2. Smart move on resetting that timer as our addict minds can be very tricky as you said and next time a little more would be ok and then we know the spiral starts. Keep pushing forward :muscle:
@shatteredsoul Way to go Joshua! Glad to see you doing so well with your recovery and taking it slowly. Check in as often as you need – this is a place I come to often to keep me grounded and on my right path for my sober journey.
@mindofsobermike its great to be appreciated for your hard work. I can understand the guilty feeling but you do need to focus on what is best for you. I am sure they would understand you finding a better opportunity for yourself.
@trustybird That has got to be so frustrating and annoying. I am so sorry that it is still going on and that your sleep is being interrupted / affected by it. I do hope you were able to get some rest and that the maintenance guy is able to come back to fix the issue for good soon. Toilet issues are one of the most annoying in my opinion – hurt my back many a times trying to fix LOL. Sending you energy to get through your work shift :heart:
@Its_me_Stella so grateful for your post and really looking forward to your 4 years of sobriety and all that comes with the recovery journey.
@lile01 the beginning was very tiring for me. Grateful you will have some time tomorrow to rest and relax. You will totally smash that record and keep stacking up the days Indi. :muscle:
@louloubelle Way to hit the 170 days – keep smashing it :muscle:
@CATMANCAM how are you doing Cam? Hope you had a good holiday celebration with family. :heart:

Checking in on Wednesday evening
371 days free of alcohol and weed
786 days free of cigarettes
Spent most of the day sleeping but still so damn tired. Not feeling well and having a hard time eating / drinking. Grateful to have enough energy to get in a shower. Hope that will help get me back to sleep LOL
Hope you all are having a wonderful addiction free day / evening! Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

21 Likes

Checking in on day 155.
I’ve got this, you’ve got this, we’ve got each other, ODAAT.
:heart::v:

19 Likes

We rent so if we fuck it up we pay. My husband is off tomorrow and said he wants to fix it and all signs point to toilet fill valve. The toilet works it just sounds like someone is playing the beginning note of hot cross buns on a clarinet intermittently through the pipes in the wall behind the toilet with absolutely no discernible pattern. :woman_in_lotus_position:t2: Not every twenty minutes, not after a flush, not when its windy outside, just whenever it feels like it. Maddening.

Thanks for the offer of help but I still have another 6 hours of work before I can head home to the bathroom symphony warm up. Venting helps, although I would still like to kick something.
It happens less often when we turn the water off so maybe I’ll sleep tonight. Thank you.

11 Likes

Day 453

An interesting thing happened. Since weeks I’m at home, sick because of my anxiety. I was able to relax pretty good in the last weeks, my appetite came back and slowly my sleep improves as well. Everything needed more time as I thought it would.
Before all of this started I wasn’t able to eat much gluten. I thought that gluten caused the problems I had with my digestion. Maybe that’s not the case. Maybe it was the stress.
Since 3 weeks I’m eating pasta, bread and even cookies with gluten, and I’m fine. I’m even able to have whole milk again. That’s crazy!
I’m very curious how my body will behave in the next weeks bc I have to go to work again.
I used to drink lots of coffee and it was hard to reduce. Now it’s like I don’t really like it any more. As I said, crazy and fascinating at the same time.
I really like this process :smiling_face:

Have a beautiful sober day friends, stay strong :muscle::kissing_heart:

26 Likes

Day 802 AF

Spent Christmas day at the in-laws again. It was a chill day. Came back home around 6:30 pm and watched movies with the kiddos. Passed out at 9pm. Took the fam to the theatre yesterday to watch the Migration movie. We liked it. 2 and 1/2 days of work and another long holiday weekend. I weighed myself this morning and I’m back up to 125 pds. I’m no longer under weight. I stopped the antidepressants. I don’t think I need them anymore. I’ll stick to meditation.

Have a great day everyone!

ODAAT

22 Likes

Today felt so long it felt like 2 days. Worked alone this morning so I kept busy the whole time. Towards the end of the shift that annoying dry, sore throat came back, and the burning in my eyes and sinus followed. I realized then that I hadn’t felt it the past couple days so it’s obviously caused by the dry heat at work :unamused: My hands are really irritated too. The more they get wet, the worse it gets. But I can’t not wash my hands. Even when I don’t fully wash them, I’m still rinsing my fingers clean and it’s the tips of my fingers that are suffering. They don’t even look like part of the same hand. Hoping they repair themselves during my time off.

I was pretty tired when I got home but forced myself to keep moving to clean up a bit. The key is to not sit down. I kept going after dinner and by my daughters bedtime, this morning felt like a whole other day. I kinda like these randomly occurring double days. It makes me feel like there actually is enough time for everything. Now, it’s time for bed :sleeping:

20 Likes