Glasses
My senses
My mobility
Love
Hope
Joy
AA

12 Likes

I’m grateful for the eight hours of sleep I got last night. I may lay back down for another hour though, since I can, which I am grateful for as well. I got eight hours, but I only feel like I got four. I’ve not been feeling very well the last couple of days, and can tell some sort of illness is slowly settling on me. I’m grateful that I have the ability to take it easy this week, and just let myself be if I’m going to get sick.

12 Likes

Good morning friends! Getting through this weird purgatory week between Christmas and New years with the same determination and effort as that thigh-high mud pit obstacle you have to wade through in Tough Mudder. In the past I’ve struggled with New Years Existential Crises, so today I’m going to go through my planner and make a list of all the cool stuff I did in 2023 so I can remember. Sometimes it gets to the end of the year and it seems like it’s gone by in the blink of an eye and I feel like I haven’t accomplished anything or done anything of significance. Then I get started on an anxiety-depression spiral and feel like the new year will just be a waste and my whole life is a waste and it gets dark and it’s no fun. So I’m going to be a smart and self-aware person, uh starting now lol, and I’m going to do a couple activities each day to focus on my accomplishments and to plot out a few new ones to look forward to in 2024. I think it’s a good starting point to focus on goals that will set me up for success rather than loading myself down with big end result goals–although I’m sure I’ll pile those on at some point. And so that was a long story but the point is, I guess, that I’m grateful to me for learning from uncomfortable times and working to make things easier and better for myself every day. Or most days anyway. And I’m grateful to me for my sobriety, and I’m grateful for my loved ones for their support in all the things–especially my BF because I do get up to some shenanigans sometimes. And I’m grateful for you all, and grateful for this space to share my ramblings and feelings, and grateful for the understanding.

13 Likes

I’m grateful, I guess my sweet spot this morning is 5:45 am.
I’m grateful I went to bed with 2 cats on me and we all survived. I’m grateful I had Daisy’s lard ass comfortably weighing me down this morning waiting for me.
I’m grateful to start facing some of my fears. Hopeful.
I’m grateful that recognizing I’m afraid of a lot of shit is a good beginning. I’m grateful for the uncomfortably I’m feeling because I reckon it’s an awakening. I’m grateful I got all this sobriety and now I’m afraid of so much. I’m grateful that maybe it’s because I don’t have my “liquid courage” anymore :thinking: I’m grateful it pissed me off royally when my therapist told me “I should,” go to an AA meeting. She couldn’t believe I’m coming up on 4 years and never been to an AA meeting just for me. I’m grateful I honestly don’t want to face that fear. I’m grateful I’m thinking about doing it. I’m grateful I know I got to. I’m grateful I could knock out a lot of fears if I go to a 5:30 prime dinner time meeting just for me. I’m grateful it’s a speaker meeting and I’ve been before and like it. I’m grateful it’s a chip meeting and they always celebrate milestones.
I’m grateful I got a meeting with my sponsor at 10 this morning. I’m grateful I got to wrap this up so I can get me and Burner out the door at 8.
Oh ya. I’m fucking grateful my Al-Anon reading was about fucking fear this morning. I’m grateful I’m working step 4 and guess what part I’m working on? :grimacing: Fucking Fear :cold_sweat: of course it is. I’m grateful my universe is trying to tell me something. I’m grateful I can talk to my HP about it on my Benson walk in a few.
I’m grateful to have this place to gratefully get my thoughts out and heal myself.
I’m grateful for you all.
:pray:t2: :scream: :heart:

14 Likes

I am grateful to be back home after the holiday. I am grateful for my friend of 20 years inviting me to spend it with her family. I’m glad I said yes to something different this year. I’m grateful to have had a low key holiday of just vegging out.
I am grateful to not have kids. Just being near a toddler for 4 days was a bit overwhelming.
I am grateful for my dog sitters taking such good care of my baby. I am grateful he is always on his best behavior for them!
Grateful for the peaceful morning silence of being alone in my home.

15 Likes

My check in turned into a gratitude. Lol

14 Likes

I’m grateful to God for guiding me and helping me abstain from my addictions one day at a time. I’m grateful for my family, friends and this home thread. I’m grateful for self awareness. I’m grateful for the twelve steps and traditions. I’m grateful for gifts from family and friends. I’m grateful for music, humor, meditation and prayer. I’m grateful I understand that what I put into my life and recovery is what I get out of it. I’m grateful that between afordable housing and a full time job I have a measure of financial freedom. I’m grateful to have gotten time off work this last week and next without asking.

May our higher powers grant us serenity.

p.s. You are amazing. Ya you!!

12 Likes

Of course it did. Lol Merry belated Christmas sis

5 Likes

I’m grateful this Christmas craziness is over.
I’m grateful for a boringly normal day.
I’m grateful I had time to go through my end of year review.
I’m grateful for running in the fresh air and being able to run more then last time.
I’m grateful for Yoga.
I’m grateful for a whole day without food triggers.
I’m grateful for the calmness in my mind.

16 Likes

Today I’m grateful I slept a lot. I only left the house for taking out the garbage. I’m grateful my ex cared for the chimney sweaper at the farm and deposited the catfood I asked him to bring at my townhouse. Not that we spoke a word. But I’m grateful he did what I asked him to help me. I’m grateful I don’t have to move a finger besides cat chores and taking care of myself. I’m grateful I don’t feel worse than yesterday, just more tired.

I’m grateful my month by monthy review of 2023 reminded me how intense the year was. Many ups and downs, laughter and sadness, grief and letting go, and yes, a good portion of fuck it and sunshine too. I’m grateful I feel a lot better now emotionally because I see that it’s perfectly ok to say “heck, I’m grateful it’s over, and I fucking need vaccation” and I feel crappy and moody because I’m sick, not because my life is a living mess of a (emotional) hell. It’s strenous and still lot lot lot of work waiting and nope nope fucking nope I won’t do anything of it before I’m not feeling recovered, restored and healthy again. I’m grateful for boundaries. Sometimes life has to wait until I’m ready again. ODAAT :pray:

15 Likes

I’m grateful for being home and in my bed again.
I’m grateful for a house to protect me from the storm.
I’m grateful for my cat purring loudly on my lap.
AFAF ODAAT
:heart::v:

14 Likes

I’m grateful for these vacation days to slowwwww down.
I’m grateful to not be doing much of anything but the basics - getting good sleep, walking, reading, making a nice but simple meal, cleaning up, texting and chatting here and there through the day. Repeat.
It beats the mayhem of busy-ness. It beyond beats the craziness of wine-filled holidays of bygone years. Consciously choosing unconsciousness, I was.

I’m grateful for so many of your words I can relate to. Taking stock of a year. Measuring time in what has been accomplished (sigh) instead of life lived well. Both count!

I’m grateful I still have some time off ahead of me - some things to do, sure, and more time to just be.

I’m grateful to be sober.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

17 Likes

I’m grateful that Christmas is over and soon the new year will roll around and life can just get back to its wonderfully boring way of being. I’m grateful that I realized years ago that I tend to get holiday burn out very quickly, and have learned some ways of coping with the demands that I be jolly and of good cheer because it’s the “most wonderful time of the year”.

I’m grateful that I don’t feel guilty about not going to parties, family gatherings, etc., if I don’t want to go; and I’m grateful that I no longer worry about what other people think of me in this. If someone didn’t make contact with me all year, and I didn’t make contact with them, then why should I feel like I have to go spend time with them just because I am related in some way?

So I am grateful so much of this bullshit is drawing to a close.

Also grateful that I have two weeks of no caffeine under my belt–in which time I have halved the amount of OTC sleep meds I take at night and expect to be completely off of it by the time I reach one month.

16 Likes

Good morning darlings! I’m so sleepy on this dreary day, and I’m grateful for every bit of motivation I’m scraping up. I’m grateful for appointment reminder emails, and I’m grateful to be well enough to donate blood. I’m grateful for the love of a good man. I’m grateful to have moderately good dogs, and I’m grateful they love to snuggle with me even though one of them cries in the night and wakes me up if he’s not allowed to be the little spoon. I’m grateful for another sober day today.

15 Likes

I am grateful for my new Garmin watch and its " body battery" feature. I have been slapped in the face repeatedly since I put this puppy on. I am grateful for the clear reading of what my body already tells me and I like to ignore. I am grateful for the chuckle it gave me when I witnessed myself saying" this thing must be broken" and googling “garmin body battery accuracy”. I am grateful for the people who upload screenshots and talk openly about how this feature has helped their lives. I am grateful it helped me accept my flatline and lack of any energy building over my sleep. I am grateful to be able to see that my resting heart beat is fluctuating between 112 and 120 BPM. The irony of this all is that it was my eating disorder that asked for the watch for Christmas, to “get back on track with my fitness”. Yet since I have had it on I have been in a brutal MEC/CFS flare up. I am grateful to be shown how to use my new watch as a tool to help my body instead of hurt it. :pray:

I am grateful to be living out the last day of my 40’s clean and serene. I never thought I would be alive this long, I worked hard at living a life that was dangerous. One that I didnt take care of myself and that I put myself in life threatening situations day in and day out. I am grateful that a deep feeling of self love came over me the other day. The feeling was followed by a feeling of wanting to live, for myself, because I love my life! Imagine. Then that feeling was followed with a feeling of shame… because I dont want to live for my daughter anymore. And even saying it brings me to tears. Its such a foreign feeling to have and not have. Im still learning.

I am grateful that this past year has been massive for me in the way of growth, forward movement, connection with the divine, connection with others and self, creativity… just everything. Its been a banger year.

I am grateful to be turning 50 tomorrow, to be starting a brand new half of a century. One that never has to see me use drugs, suffer alone and feel hopeless. There is always hope and I am grateful for that.

:sparkles::white_heart::sparkles:

21 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for

My sobriety, stacking days one at a time
A loving mother
I dont have to work again until next tuesday and get paid for my time off
Hubby has the day off too, i will try very hard not to nag him to help me around the house
Boscoes companionship even when he stares at me for so long it makes me uncomfortable lol
Sunshine
Im sick but not rundown
All of you and this amazing community

18 Likes

Back on day 10 - say 11 in a few hours :

Today I’m grateful to just be alive and not waking up with side effects, guilt or shame.
I’m grateful I can go to the gym today & work out and still be healthy after all my unhealthy life choices. I’m grateful that today I am not homeless, and that I have a roof over my head, food to eat, and a wonderful girlfriend who loves me despite who I am and my past self.
I am also grateful for the ivy plant my girlfriend gave me on Christmas , now that it’s sitting in the corner of my bedroom in my condo. Things like this are reminding me the simplicity of beauty in life and nature, and that we can show love and compassion even to something as small as a plant. Yes so corny for me to say, but yet so simple and beautiful & heart warming .
I’m grateful I’m slowly gaining back my sober self.

17 Likes

I’m grateful I got Benson walked this morning and I’m choosing my reformer workout instead of my Al-Anon meeting. I’m grateful I can prioritize my physical and mental needs.

I’m grateful my therapist pissed me off Tuesday. She was just calling me out on my bullshit. I’m grateful I got a therapist that continues to call me out on my bullshit, drops the F bomb, and ends the session by calling me “Boobala.” :heart:

I’m grateful I told my wife I wanted to go to the 5:30 Friday AA speaker meeting and WE will just have figure out what to do for dinner on Friday nights since I want to try and make this a regular meeting for myself. I’m grateful my sponsor thinks it’s a great idea. He also offered me to come to his AA home group on Thursday nights. I’m grateful my therapist offered for me to join her on her fave Zoom AA meeting that she loves on Saturday mornings.

I’m grateful it’s kind of funny. after all these suggestions, I thought, on my walk I would seek my HP’s help and guidance. And I just cracked up. He’s up there tap dancing away giving me exactly what I need! How many more fucking signs does he need to give me? I’m grateful that didn’t take long and I got to walk with my Om Mani Padmi Om mantra for the beginning on my walk.

I’m grateful for the healing power of music. I’m grateful for Tina Turner. I’m grateful when I hear the saxophone :saxophone: It really turns me on!

I’m grateful I went out for a hike on my own yesterday. Never done that before. In a strange new place. I only hiked out half a mile since I had already had much exercise for the day and didn’t want to over do it. I’m grateful I loved it. I’m grateful I don’t always have to go to the top.

I’m grateful to be working on a lot of my fears that are deep rooted in my codependency issues that probably started way before my marriage.

I’m grateful to get my gratitude done and now to get to my reformer workout and who knows what the afternoon will bring. Except for the cheeseburgers I’ll be making at home for lunch. That I know.

I’m grateful for all the gratitude and gratidudes on this thread.

:pray:t2: :hamburger: :heart:

We allow family members the space to be who they are.
December 28
A Spiritual Principle A Day

16 Likes

I am grateful for the people in my life, my friend who came to say hi today and my son who is my favorite person in the universe.

I am grateful for a quiet evening, burning some scented candles and reading a book.
I am grateful for my heated blanket and mint tea too.
I am grateful the bottles of wine and champagne (more company gifts) in the kitchen don’t bother me at all. They will be given away the coming days.
I am grateful for new travelling plans for 2024, looking forward to discover new places.

I am grateful for this peaceful moment and I wish you all a peaceful day/night.

11 Likes

@chiron way to go on your 2 weeks of no caffeine – grateful to see that you are seeing the benefits already. Blessing it will be to be off the OTC sleep meds :pray:
@its_me_stella Oh how I love the double celebration for tomorrow – your 50th birthday and your 4 year sobriety! So exciting. Do hope you have a stellar celebration planned for all your achievements and progress. I love the Garmin watch and that body battery function took me a minute to figure out – really did think it was broken LOL.

Love ALL of this girl – so happy for what you have accomplished on your journey and grateful to be here to see where go next with it :heart:
@cjp sending you healing vibes – hope you are able to enjoy your time off :hugs:
@drew95 congrats on your double digits!
@dazercat I am so grateful for your therapist and your sponsor Boobala :heart: So grateful that you are doing this for YOU and creating your healthy boundaries as you step out of your codependency. :people_huggin:

Thursday morning gratefulness …
I am so grateful that today is a bit easier for me all around. The past few days have been rough. Grateful to be alive and working diligently on my health and well being.
I am so grateful for hotter than usual weather in December. I am actually liking the gray rainy days. Feel comfortable being home and in bed. Grateful that today I have managed to sit at the kitchen to get gratitude’s in.
I am so grateful that my mom did get in a early appointment with the Chinese doctor and got the hospital consultation moved up too.
I am so grateful that I have enough energy to go for a car drive today to check on the house.
I am so grateful that I don’t have to celebrate NYE this year. I just do not have the social energy for that and I am ok just chilling by myself and treating like any other day.
I am so grateful that my plants are doing so well – I had not given them any love or water for past 4 days and they survived without a hint of sadness.
I am so grateful that my brother is making my dad a lovely pancake breakfast this morning. My dad had a craving for a McDonalds big breakfast (he rarely eats out) and when he went to order – he ordered a Big Mac instead. Grateful he was able to give the burger to someone else as he is a vegetarian LOL.
I am so grateful for my appointment tonight for my treatment. I am so grateful
I am so grateful for my family and support. So grateful that my sis and her hubby are coming to visit this weekend. So grateful that hey understand that i will not be able to hang out with them for long.
I am so grateful for my HP and my connections within myself. Grateful for the growth and healing. Grateful for a peace of mind and a calmness within the storm.
I am so grateful for my friends that i have made within the TS community.

Wishing you all a addiction free day / evening - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

14 Likes