Checking in daily to maintain focus #61

@Mno Thank you. It really is awsome! Thank you for support and kind words on my journey, and sharing my success with me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@RosaCanDo I really put a lot in it. Its so ā€œWOWā€ to look back at the last two years, and see what I have accomplished. Its true, we can not do it all alone, its many ways to sobriety but we all need support doing it. Thank you :heart:

@Louloubelle @Jasty2 Thank you :heart:

@JazzyS Thank you so much. Thank you for all your nice words, all your care. I think everyone need a you in their life and in their journey. You are amazing! I hope for a better kinder 2024 for both me and you :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@TrustyBird Thank you! I will be here waiting for you with a warm seat.
Keep up the good work :raised_hands:

8 Likes

Unfortunately relapsed on day 265 at end of November. Only for 36 hours but reset and back up to day 30. Got very complacent, started to believe the euphoric recall thoughts about drinking but should of known it was the addiction talking. Also stopped doing my journal, things I am grateful for. Not missed a day since December 1st.

18 Likes

I always only realise it after those thoughts have passed that it was only my addiction taking all along. Drives me crazy cause I honestly am always about to believe those lies. Man that sucks!
Good thing you are back working on your sobriety.

7 Likes

Great to hear it. Letā€™s keep rolling through and well handle NYE & NY day easy :+1:

3 Likes

Day 350.

Checking in sober.

Tomorrow Iā€™m making Beef Wellington for a NYE romantic dinner with my husband. Wish me luck!

16 Likes

I really need support right now at 1 month 11 days sober. Iā€™m having horrible migraines so often now and that along with a few other things (think Iā€™m going through post acute withdrawal symptoms) Iā€™m really starting to think about drinking again. Starting to feel like giving up on my sobriety.

9 Likes

Are there any meds (ibuprofen, paracetamol) available to you for the migraines? If so, in my experience Itā€™s always good to take something rather early to stop the migraine from progressing.

1 Like

I did cancel gym this morning, I didnā€™t really feel in the mood for a packed out class. But I did do some quiet selfcare the past 48 hours. Finished a puzzle and a book. Cooked good food, had a super long bath and spent some quality family time watching Percy Jackson - the first of the original movies and a few episodes of the new series on Disney plus. Which one is better? Guess the jury is still out :wink:

So yesterday and today was a lot better than my annoying Thursday. Thanks @JazzyS and @CATMANCAM :smiley:
@Mno hope you feel better soon and get to start the new year fit and recovered :green_heart:
@leroy Welcome to the family :hugs:
@Wakikki Congratulations :confetti_ball:

Picture from my walk yesterday at Fountains Abbey, Yorkshire

Edit: I just realised I will hit 300 days tomorrow on New yearā€™s eve, how cool is that? :upside_down_face:

17 Likes

None that help currently I should probably pick some excedrin migraine thatā€™s probably my best bet. Have had some sinus stuff going on not quite a cold so Iā€™ve taken medicine for that twice now and hoping that helps Iā€™m sure thatā€™s causing it too. Caffeine does help a little so Iā€™m drinking some now. Going to go get my daith pierced in a few days too, my sonā€™s hair stylist suggested it, it helped her. Thereā€™s a pressure point right there in the inner ear so :crossed_fingers:t2: that helps too

5 Likes

Iā€™m really sorry you have to go through this pain. I know how bad migraines can get. Coffee helps me too :coffee: Also rest, quiet and dark places.
I really hope you will find something that will ease your pain some.
Whatever you do, donā€™t give up on your sobriety. If you listen to the addiction, youā€™ll have to go through this sick again another time. You made it this far. Iā€™m rooting for you!

6 Likes

Congratulations on two whole years!! Amazing achievement!

3 Likes

Checking in. Another day sober, another day without a fag. Each day at a time at the minute. I donā€™t care if I eat like a horse or not quite manage my normal day to day, I just wanna be able to say them 2 phrases each night and Iā€™ll be happy. I got the rest of my life to work on the rest! Love to all xx

14 Likes

Day 72.

I have my chip in my mouth. Iā€™m going home tomorrow. This season has burned me out big time.

18 Likes

Congratulations on this amazing milestone @Wakikki and thank you so much for sharing it with us. :pray:

4 Likes

Love the round numbers :smiling_face:

20 Likes

Checking in on day 932. Back home from visiting family. Exhausted after traveling but good to be home. Going to bed early and sober tonight.

17 Likes

20231231_024049

19 Likes

Checking in sober. I was off work all week, so feel a bit lost. New job starts Tuesday. I made myself clean out my closet and donate the clothes that donā€™t fit anymore. Which was most of it. That was hard. Bought a couple new pieces I can wear to work. After working from home for the last 3 years, I didnā€™t have much I could wear to an office. So thatā€™s done.

I havenā€™t been sleeping well at all. My knee pain has really flared up. My eye is still bothering me. So mostly feel lousy. And now Iā€™m feeling incredibly lonely. I was rewatching Schitts Creek, which I love, but feel like Iā€™m never going to find a relationship like David and Patrick have. I feel like Iā€™m going to be alone forever. I know thatā€™s just the depression talking. But that doesnā€™t make me any less lonely. I donā€™t even feel all that close to anyone in my family. And no plans for NYE. Itā€™ll be me and the cats.

I guess Iā€™ll try to find something more distracting to watch onTV until itā€™s time to go to bed.

OFDAAT

24 Likes

Checking in 641 days :fireworks:
Iā€™ve been a bit MIA on socials lately. I donā€™t know why, but socials and sharing online just hasnā€™t felt comfortable for me in recent months.
But I wanted to make a final check in on for 2023 and wish you all the best for a sober new years.
I took my l daughter for a girls trip before Christmas, came back with Covid and weā€™re all pretty much recovered now. It was such a lovely holiday. Everyone was drinking so much at the resort, there was beer available everywhere but I was strong and really enjoyed the fresh fruits, coconuts, soda and being in the moment.
Iā€™m back to work in the new year, looking forward to another sober year.
Bought myself a little bottle of non alc bubbles to bring in the new year. Taking the kids to see the fireworks.
Take care friends, much love to you all.

23 Likes

Hey Family. Just checking in on which has been the hardest day since my new life began.
I was tested today, I thought that people who claim to love you have your best interests but that is not always the case. I tried to be around my partner and children today and it was a complete failure. My partner knows exactly what Iā€™m going through and I get to her house and she is smoking a big spliff and drinking my old favourite drink without a care in the world. And just tried to find any reason to pick a arguement with me, I was literally there for 20 mins before I had to leave in a hurry. In the 10 years we been together I have stopped smoking and drinking many times, but she hasnā€™t even attempted unless she got no money. I have been clean for months before and tried to encourage her to do the same but she says, just because you stopped doesnā€™t mean everyone shouldšŸ¤¦šŸæā€ā™‚ļø. I just really canā€™t do this anymore with her and to leave my 5 kids with her to be alone is really scary but there are no more options, she really thinks that life is a joke and smoking weed and drinking is all there is. I am the one trying to help myself to be a better father and partner to everyone, but some people just will never see the bigger picture till itā€™s too late. The last 9 days I have gone to sleep knowing that my family will be waiting for me after this cold turk but tonight feels different. And for the first time in this 9 days I almost gave in to the temptation of numbing this pain with a substance but thank God that I didnā€™t because I would feel 10x worse.
Sorry for the essay but I just had to try and get this off my chest. Thank you all for the support throughout this journey, stay strong :v:t5::blue_heart:

23 Likes