Checking in daily to maintain focus #62

Checking in on day 42. I hope everyone has an amazing day!! :v:t3: and :purple_heart:

23 Likes

Checking in on 6 days

22 Likes

Checking in still sober.

Iā€™m glad itā€™s Friday! Iā€™m slowly getting into a routine with the new job. And overall feeling more positive.

Iā€™m realizing that Iā€™m suffering from PMDD every month and get really depressed for a few days. I keep putting off talking to my doctor about it because Iā€™m so close to menopause, but I will make a point to talk to her about it.

OFDAAT

23 Likes

Checking in with 6 days - almost a week! Had a horrible headache all last night and this morning. Iā€™ve taken some Anadin for the pain but it still sucks and its quite painful. Did anyone else deal with bad headaches upon quitting alcohol?

24 Likes

Day 3 checking in :slight_smile:

23 Likes

& @Garry We also have a thread where we discuss our sober Friday and weekend plans :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Oh, I know that feeling of being totally incompetent and not being able to focus, no matter how hard I try. Youā€™re not alone ā€¦ Sometimes I feel like an idiot, procrastinating endlessly, getting sidetracked after every three sentences, thoughts drifting off ā€¦ Then I take a break and tell myself I just need to clear my head, get some fresh air, a cup of coffee or so. Aaaand the struggle just continues. :face_exhaling:

I hope the extended deadline helps and things look brighter today! Wish you a clear headed and productive day. :heart:

4 Likes

I really like your attitude towards ultra-processed foods. I still eat unhealthy and canā€™t get myself to quit, why not see it as the addiction it is? As of today I am going to set a day counter for UPF free days for myself too. I started calorie counting again to lose some pounds, but I also want to get back to healthier eating.
Going to read Food for Life and Ultra-Processed People. Did you read those by any chance?

5 Likes

Thank you for mentioning those books, I just ordered them!

3 Likes

Day 1,309 clean and sober, day 2 no social media. Yesterday I slept a lot!!! The amount of stress at work really takes a toll on me I guess. I did nothing but read and sleep all day which means I have to spend today doing the chores I didnā€™t get done yesterday :rofl: Oh well. I hope everyone has a great day today, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

22 Likes

Yes, I had horrible headaches as well. I believe it could be related to the loss of all the sugars in alcohol??? @Mno probably knows more about this for sure. I know that in the beginning having some sweets on hand really helped me through the first couple of weeks. Great job! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

5 Likes

Yes, this happens to me usually 3-7 days after quitting alcohol, although sometimes they make an additional appearance. The headaches are constant and nothing helps. But they do go away and I remind myself itā€™s part of the healing process and I never have to go through them again if I stay in recovery. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re going through this, sending a hug :people_hugging:

8 Likes

@Ofmiceandroach @Catmama23 All I can say is that they are common and they can be bad and until now there is little that can be done about it. Research points at mast-cells and the immune system thatā€™s out of whack through quitting alcohol :mortar_board:. But a remedy is yet to be found. It should end after not too long, like a week or so. Stay hydrated and keep going!

10 Likes

Checking in on day
247 no alcohol
178 no vapes or ciggs
17.73 no form of pot

17 days came quick

Work soon
Just keeping it chill till then :slight_smile:

Have a good day everyone

18 Likes

Day 12
I will have no alcohol today!
ODAAT
-Solar

:heart: ā€œGlad you reached out to this place, thereā€™s so much love and support here itā€™s literally a family in your pocket!ā€ Jwfletcher4792 :heart:

23 Likes

Good morning friends, day 8. Came down with a cold but thatā€™s what one gets for kissing on grandchildren so much! There are worse things.
In the office this morningā€¦ Fridays are pretty empty. Iā€™ll get through today and push on to tomorrow.
Have an awesome day!

26 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1307. I hope everybody has a good one!

23 Likes

Day 2263.

Confucius say ā€œa smart man learns from his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of otherā€

Well maybe he didnā€™t say that but itā€™s definitely true in so many ways.

No matter how smart something thinks they are it doesnā€™t matter when it comes to sobriety. If someone with burns on their hands tells you the stove is hot and you touch it anyway you have no one to blame but yourself when you get burned.

If someone with sustained sobriety doles out some wisdom it might do ya well to listen because they probably got the wisdom the hard way.

24 Likes

Checking in Day 3.

Still here. Still trying.

Wishing everyone well today and the strength to face whatever comes their way.

:two_hearts:

27 Likes

Congratulations on 40 days!

4 Likes