Checking in daily to maintain focus #65

Thank you so much, @JazzyS :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€˜ve read ā€žwhatā€˜s YOUR Planā€œ, itā€™s a great inspiration.

2 Likes

Day #19 sober from my DOC!!! :smile_cat: Iā€™m nearly 3 weeks sober from my demon!!! :smiley_cat:

Also, Iā€™ll be honest last night I went to a rave with some friends and then a bar. It was a really bad idea for the alcohol sobriety tbh. Iā€™m not too concerned about my alcohol sobriety counter since I never crave alcohol, but yeah that happened :crying_cat_face:

The friends I was with kept doing blow in the bar washroom and whatnot. Surprisingly, I chose not to partake even though there was alcohol in my system, which is a good sign that the real me is finally regaining control over my brain.

Instead of wanting to do coke with them, I was honestly feeling kinda disgusted by them doing cocaine like that. It made me kinda feel like ā€œdamn, so thatā€™s what I looked like to normal people who donā€™t do cocaine when Iā€™d go do blow in a washroom!ā€ Lol :joy_cat:

Also, yall how do I stop myself from choosing to go out and drink occasionally? I know itā€™s not good for me, but sometimes I get such FOMO which makes me agree to plans anyway that I know are not good for me :crying_cat_face: I need to be better than this! :frowning:

9 Likes

This is a slippery slope. Even if alcohol isnā€™t your DOC, it still isnā€™t possible to control your behaviors while youā€™re drinking it no matter who you are. Especially going into a place where your DOC is, and will be used in front of youā€¦I canā€™t foresee this ending well. You said it yourself

That sounds like you knew completely that you were taking a risk.

There was a point in my life where opiates became a much bigger problem than alcohol for me. As much as I desperately wanted to stop doing them, it was impossible while I was still drinking. The only reason I finally did was because the sources dried up.

To me, an addict is an addict is an addict. No matter your DOC. Your ā€˜voiceā€™ will find a way to get what it wants however it can. Donā€™t listen to it.

12 Likes

I LOVE swedish pancakes! Literally my favorite. They kinda remind me of crepes. :bomb: :yum:

4 Likes

Checking in on day 172.Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

14 Likes

Day 310 gambling free.

Last Sunday, the day before my 10-month milestone, I had a huge impulse to gamble, it really didnā€™t think itā€™s possible to have milder urges early in recovery and such a big one at that point (for me 10 months have been so far my longest sobriety period, the others lasted less than a month). I immediately called a friend and we met, because I was honestly losing it. I even started crying in the tube because I felt hopeless. The good thing is that Iā€™ve managed to overpower this urge and itā€™s 1:0 for me.

16 Likes

Congratulations on ur upcoming 3 weeks free from ur DOC! And im very proud of u for not involving urself with others that were doing ur DOC. Thats not easy to do.

Alcohol was never an issue for me. Drugs (my most recent DOC was crack cocaine) have always been the issue. That being said, it wouldnt have surprised me if alcohol became a problem. I know that i have an obsession of the mind, meaning i am an addict thru and thru. Alcohol is a drug like any other and so in order for me to truly be clean from all mind altering substances, i need to be free from drugs AND alcohol. Its just too easy to switch addictions. I have that sort of personality. And thats why I avoid it too. Not worth the risk.
If you want to quit drinking too, just put the same effort that ur putting into quitting ur DOC, towards alcohol too. Its actually much easier to just be free from all substances, than to pick and choose. For myself, I know that as soon as i put ANY substance into my body, i release my addiction all over again, no matter to what substance.

9 Likes

Alcohol was my doc and when I hurt my back I had a hard time getting off opiates luckily that didnā€™t last long because I did like the feeling more than alcohol. Never did any other drugs but Iā€™m sure if I did I would be hooked fast. Addictive brain so nothing mind altering for me. Good luck to you and hoping you figure it out and not trade one addiction for another.

10 Likes

Youā€™re either going to be dedicated enough to sobriety to not go or you wonā€™t. Iā€™ll tell ya what will happen if you keep going. You will absolutely relapse.

You have to make the decision as to what is more important, your sobriety or the club. Choose wisely

14 Likes

74 second checkin

Thank you so much @Alisa @Mno @JazzySā€¦
I am better now. Forced my body to the limit with the moving work, yea it was hard but yea so it is not that bad isnā€™t it. Damn strong anyway.

These thoughts.

I am okay now. Relaxing, will have dinner soon.
Taking care of my bones and muscles lol.
Feeling better, am sober!

Just didnā€™t get the point todayā€¦

mental-health-mental-health-crisis

16 Likes

Thereā€™s a saying. That if you keep hanging out in the barbershop, eventually youā€™re gonna walk out with a fuckin haircut. If you want sobriety, hang out with people who also want it. Itā€™s pretty simple.

Sometimes it takes us a while to realize it, but the concept of sobriety isnā€™t rocket science. The hard part is doing what it takes to maintain it.

14 Likes

If this helps any, try NOT SAYING non alcoholic drinks. Just say fruit drinks and juices.
Sober thinking is sober living

8 Likes

Thanks yall for the responses :smiley_cat: Okay you guys are right, I need to seriously prioritize my sobriety, regardless of the FOMO I get. Iā€™m going to really try to be better. I gotta admit this to my sponsor as well, which really sucks but I need to practice honesty.

Do you guys have any advice for fighting the FOMO? I feel like I need a different way to think about FOMO to successfully fight the feeling :frowning:

7 Likes

Youā€™re right youā€™re right, I gotta train my brain to prioritize sobriety, just like how it used to prioritize my DOC over everything. Itā€™s tough, but Iā€™ll learn this. Next time, Iā€™ll post a thread asking yall if I should go out, which might be a healthy way to stop myself :smile_cat:

4 Likes

35 days smoke & alcohol free

All good :+1: today

14 Likes

All I know is the only thing Iā€™m missing out on with that group is regret! I had to change people places and things to get sober.

11 Likes

What do u think ur missing out on? And is it really worth the risk to jeopardize ur sobriety?
If u want social interaction, maybe meeting up with some friends in a clean and sober setting is a good start. Or finding new hobbies to occupy ur time.
In all reality what ur missing out on is physical and emotional distress, financial debt, damage done to relationships etc etc. The list goes on n on. Its just not worth it :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I understand the FOMO.
Itā€™s the point of FOMO that you truly become in the danger zone. You are off to a great start when you chose not to miss out cause your not missing out on the dark fun.
Dark fun is when your mind shuts down and even bad things are funny.
Healing your body will come in time. You wonā€™t FOMO the bad stuff
And then when your healthy you will realize your FOMO will be about good stuff
There will be a time when you wonā€™t miss out on anything and your remember good stuff

9 Likes

Sorry man, I think you think youā€™re smarter than those that came before you.
You show an arrogance to your success in sobriety.
I wish you all the best, and hope you are successful, but believe you just like playing with fire until you relapse.

Your either in to abstain and remove yourself from these scenarios or you arenā€™t. You arenā€™t going to long term succeed with the trajectory you keep putting yourself on.

Apologies everyone for the bluntness, Iā€™m just calling it as I see it.

15 Likes

Thanks homies, I really appreciate you guys for not abandoning me over my stupid mistakes, so many people in the past abandoned me due to my addiction :pleading_face: :crying_cat_face: And @Steve14 honestly youā€™re 100% right, nothing good came out of last night. I regret it fully. I wish I just stayed home and worked out and saw my sponsor and whatnot. Iā€™ll keep this in mind for next time I get that FOMO.

Also, I need to be honest about something, I also bought some random dudeā€™s sketchy ass ecstasy pill last night and took it that night during my drunkenness. It was pretty scary to be honest, I couldā€™ve ended up dead. I really regret last night, NOTHING good came out of it :frowning:

I PROMISE you guys Iā€™m going to be better than this. Iā€™ve proven to myself time and time again that nothing good comes out of partying :crying_cat_face:

5 Likes