Checking in daily to maintain focus #67

Day 120 on deck

Had a good day. Glad I pushed myself out the door, sleep or not. Feeling isolated is not healthy. I don’t need to hang out with old drinking friends. Sometimes strangers are better :alien: :white_check_mark: hahaha

When I first got sober this time and up until recently I’ve been worried. That I did permanent damage. That post-acute withdrawal was how sobriety was going to feel. But in the last week or two, I have these moments where I feel at ease, and like myself. Not worried or anxious. There’s hope.

4 months isn’t long, but it seems to be the beginning of a new life for me. I’m not just trying not to drink anymore. I’m getting fitter. I’m working on trauma in therapy and it’s painful AF. Progressing and healing. Just all around. I am getting caught up. And much more! I can’t wait. This summer is only the beginning. I can’t even articulate it.

Sending much love and support your way. And I appreciate y’all :heart:

19 Likes

@Button83 It’s good to see you checking in Julia. You’re a wonderful person and sobriety really works for you, doesn’t it? Keep on fighting the good fight.

@Mischa84 ouch my dear. That really sux. I’ve had a broken ankle after I tripped wrong on roller skates years ago. Only realised that it was really fractured after the X-ray nurse told me so. After the accident I went to get a kebab for my kid just before my nightshift and I actually just wanted to get it checked before I was starting to work. That’s still the running joke with my boys that I went with a broken leg to get a kebab for them. :sweat_smile:
Hope yours isn’t a bad injury and wishing you a speedy recovery. Sending love and strength and a virtual hug your way.
Chin up … Everything will be ok :people_hugging:

@Amy30 sorry to hear about your bad work situation. It really makes me angry just reading about that idiot. I’m sorry for the language but that’s not right. Hope you for good opportunities to come your way. You definitely deserve better.

@Zse I’m sorry to hear you’re fired but after all those things you’ve shared I think it’s the best to leave this company anyway. The behaviour of that CEO is simply unacceptable. Hope you can relax and calm down a bit and start over something new soon. Sending positive vibes :people_hugging:

It’s day 336 alcohol free here for me, wich marks 11 month sober. Never thought I would make it that far.
I again dedicate this milestone to this forum and all you amazing souls in here. Thank you for making this place work … Not only for me but so so many. We’re in this together, aren’t we @Mno ?

Thank you all. Looking forward to celebrating my one year together with you all :pray::heart_hands::people_hugging:

17 Likes

@lighter 4 months and @happyfeet 11 months is amazing work ladies… Keep up the great work … looking forward to celebrating many more milestones with you :tada: :clap:

6 Likes

Two days away from two weeks alcohol free! Had my last day at school before summer break now I have two weeks off driving home and the thoughts of drinking are coming in. I’m not going to but just those thoughts of having all this time off is usually be drinking at home. But I just think of how much I’d end up drinking and how awful I’d feel, and how much sobriety means to me. And how much my goal for not only my mental but physical health means too. I’m going to take this time to not only relax but practice self care and improvement. As much as I can at least as a full time single autism mom :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

Good morning friends. Checking in 822 days.
It’s the weekend, looking forward to relaxing. Happy to be checking in again and reading everyone’s milestones and stories.
Have a lovely day x

14 Likes

Day 986 AF

Sup, gang.

I’ve been busy with work. I had to work from the office yesterday again due to laptop issues. Woke up at 3:30 am. to make the drive. It was good getting out of the apartment, but it’s a B driving up there and back. My stomach was fucking with me, too. I didn’t eat all day til I got back home around 6pm ish.

Anyway, I haven’t been doing good financially, and these bills keep piling up. My rent just went up $165, too. I need to move TF outta Cali. It’s too damn expensive here.

Other than that, I’m still sober. The kids and the wife are healthy. Gonna get back into exercising. I’m not in danger of relapsing. I just think about all those drunken moments, and that pretty much does it for me. I’m not going back to that shitty life.

Have a great day and great weekend. I’ll catch up with y’all in a bit.

ODAAT. :heart:

15 Likes

Checking in at Day 31! :dancer: went to my neices birthday party earlier and had fun. Now just about to get a great night’s rest. Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

15 Likes

Checking in 2 weeks
:smiling_face:

13 Likes

2y4m15d
Checking in this evening. Today wasnt too bad actually. I dont feel as overwhelmed or burnt out which is good. Going to make sure moving forward that i make time to pray and do my gratitude list in the mornings. I think that helped alot. I work this weekend so I am getting ready for that also.

Our full time nurse (the one that is leaving us to move to another province) called in for her last 3 shifts. I have tmrw nights shift to do myself which sucks, but what sucks even more is that we had a gift for her and now i dont know how to give it to her. I did find her on fb and messaged her. But unsure if she will bother to respond. Im actually quite emotional about her leaving. Shes been with us for 6 years! She will be greatly missed and i hope she knows that.

Other than all this, im going to get some self care in and get a good rest tonight. Hope u all do as well :butterfly:

17 Likes

Huge congratulations :smiley:

3 Likes

7y6m14d
My cell phone suddenly has a green streak of light right down the center and it’s only 10 months old. Sigh. I used to drink over stuff like this, which is mind boggling to me now. Any little thing would be a reason to drink. Tonight I’m going to stay sober though. That feels good, to know I don’t have to drink when life throws me some little curve ball. Hope everyone has a good night!

17 Likes

Congratulations on your 11 months Ann.
IMG_5716
Happy to read you checking in.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

2 weeks is great! Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Busy night at work. My feet are hurting again. Kinda bummed that I didn’t check my phone until 9pm bc my mom text to see if it was alright that my daughter slept at a friends, but by the time I got back it was too late. I could’ve had a night off!!! Damn :face_exhaling: I told her next time she doesn’t have to ask me. Just to let me know where she is. Anyway. Gotta be up early-ish so I’m winding down. Hope you all have a good one :heart:

17 Likes

Just a quick check in at the end of day 48. It’s late. Everyone have a good night.

15 Likes

Day #209 after yesterday’s things this morning im going to the seaside :grin: my boy yesterday told me pack your things we are going for 2 days to the sea :grin: Sunny Beach - Wikipedia it’s going to be the first time sober at the beach :beach_umbrella: it feels great :+1: now we are traveling 256 miles :smiling_face: will check later today. The mood is great :smiley:

18 Likes

Not much weight on it Aga. Sometimes just the barbell just to practice technique.
The last deadlifts I did where with the green weight plates and they are 10 kilo.
But the squats with barbell I do with 5 kilo at the moment. I’m a beginner :grin:

6 Likes

*Day 2110 :walking_woman:
I like the way my sober days numbers look today :sunglasses:
So here they are, also because I have no nature picture to share at the moment. Have worked all day for the whole week so no walks for Soberwalker beside that walk to work :hugs:

Today? Work, but just for one hour ore so to finish stuff. And then holiday! :tada:
Tonight I will be sleeping in a Yurt tent!
So…I will be less here too, I need a little bit of shutting down from everything.
But back here within a week!
Have a good day ore night all :raising_hand_woman:

23 Likes

Checking in day 9

Today was a tough one the morning started out fairly decent. We were in a time crunch today at work trying to get as many things done as possible, with it being the end of the week and end of the month. I left for lunch with my co worker (who is a good friend of mine) I was feeling pretty stressed, (he knows Im sober and knows I struggle with it) we grabbed our food and took our time getting back because it’s Friday. Later that afternoon we had parts that needed picked up so I ran after them. On the way back I ended up driving past the liquor store and started to think about stopping just for a case, after a while the thought came and went. Five o clock rolls around everyone had clocked out but I still had about 25 minutes worth of stuff left to do before I could head on home. I’m clocked out and in my truck headed home at five thirty ish. Drive past the liquor store on the way home and start to wonder why can’t I be a normal person. I pulled into my driveway and it kinda calmed my nerves and stress. I’m safe here there’s no booze here. I chatted with my wife and held my son for a little bit while going over the plans for the weekend and my honey do list. We have an above ground pool we set up and take down every year, she had called and made the appointment with the fire department they’re going to drop off water sometime tomorrow. So my wife and I grab the liner the poles and filter out of the shed and start setting it up, well you’ll never guess who comes pulling in the driveway with a cooler. my coworker and his wife they came to chat
I was quiet the whole time. it literally threw me for a loop he knows I’m trying to stay sober. but came to my house un announced to drink right in front of me? Like WTH. I understand it’s his Friday as well but if you’re going to be drinking stay away from me. I’ve been thinking about it all night :confused: wish me luck for the morning

Have a great morning everyone I’ll be back tomorrow

15 Likes

I’m going to have to skip the longer ride on my road bike I had planned for today as my throat and nose (as well as my whole body) still won’t cooperate 100%. Will do a shorter ride on my other bike to get groceries and just be out for a bit. Come home, watch cycling and football. Cook. Rest. Read a bit.

That should about do it for today. One day at a time. Yesterday was good. To experience in how stuff in your mind is being organized differently in real time is crazy stuff. EMDR can do that. My therapist had me standing up doing it yesterday, which helped in being able to stay relaxed better. and after I got cheese and eggs from the dairy farm to the east of town. Today it’s to the west. Have as good a day as you all can friends. Sober and clean. Love.

@Lefty624 You do this for you. And others might not appreciate or understand what you’re doing and why. You might need to ask for respect for your boundaries. That’s might be good. BTW, what’s a normal person? Ever met one? I haven’t. We’re all mad with our own particular oddities. We don’t drink which is not such a bad oddity to have I tell you. Keep going, you’re doing great friend. See you later. No luck needed, a clear mind and steady hands will take you where you need to go. :people_hugging:

19 Likes