Checking in daily to maintain focus #69

Checking in with 134 days sober.
Sobriety is going well. Life is full of struggles and Iā€™m just grateful that Iā€™m not compounding them drunk or hungover.
Hope you all have a great day.

14 Likes

Donā€™t give up!! You can do it!!

3 Likes

Awesome!!! Iā€™m proud of you!!

3 Likes

Day 422. Back at work. Went OK. At work all week and then Iā€™m on call this Sunday. All ok

Bit tired. The week off ended badly so Iā€™m pleased to be home and focusing again

12 Likes

For me it is always important to bring to mind that whatever uncomfortable situation I am expriencing, it will pass. Everything changes, everything is impermanent, even pain, anxiety, etc.
But what to do while I experience these emotions?

1. Distraction: Whatever works for you. Listening to a podcast, watching tv, doing laundry, prayer, playing with a fidget toy, whatever helps you through.
  2. Physical activity: walking, exercise, running, yoga, jumping, anything that gets you moving.
  3. Connecting: Call or text a friend, share on here.
  4. Meetings: There are countless online meetings at all times available from all kinds of recovery programs (AA, Recovery Dharma, SMART Recovery, and more). You can just dial in and listen. You donā€™t have to show your face, you donā€™t have to participate in any active way. Being among people working on their recovery is good.
  5. Meditation/Breathwork: There are multiple apps offering guided meditations for all kinds of situations and emotional needs. I personally use the Insight Timer app. When I get an anxiety or panic attack in the middle of the night, those calming voices help a lot.
  6. Mindfulness: Learn mindfulness meditation. It will teach you how to just be and handle stressful and painful emotions and thoughts in any situation. This is a skill I can not recommend enough.
  7. General self care: a massage, bath, yoga nidra meditation, hair and body care. Itā€™s always important to take care of oneself. Always.

See you tomorrow :wave:

10 Likes

@timetochange Glad you did not give into the feeling to drink. 422 days and gaining strength :muscle:
@tragicfarinelli Girl I feel you on being so tired. If you can ā€“ just allow yourself to rest. Some days I just do my physical activities and sleep as I know I am not able to mentally / physically handle anything else. You are dealing with a lot of emotions and they can be super draining. Be gentle with yourself.:people_hugging:
@jesile You are totally making sense. I was (kinda still am) that way. Wish you well with the visit. 4 different dishes? What did you cook?

For me ā€“ I practice deep breathing practices, Long walks in nature and meditation. We have a meditation thread here that may be helpful to you

@tailee17 I am sorry LAM ā€“ that is total horseshit as I know you are putting your full effort in. I am totally impressed with you and proud of your efforts! :hugs:
@dv713 Welcome back Dave and great work on day 1! Stay connected my friend ā€“ it gets easier ā€“ Great positive attitude you already got going :muscle

Checking in Monday afternoon
Feeling good today. Fatigue and pain still high but I did manage to get a lot of activity done which is good for my mental health.
Gonna curl up and read my book and hopeflly a nap LOL.
Wishing you all a wonderful addiction free day - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

11 Likes

we got this :heart:

4 Likes

Well, I redownloaded this app yesterday. I havenā€™t drank in three days. I just wanted to check in and say Iā€™m here. Alcohol does nothing but make me feel disgusting. Physically and mentally. Life has a funny way of pulling you back into addiction too. Randomly yesterday a guy Iā€™ve hooked up with under the influence hits me up. Itā€™s something I know could easily pull me back into drinking. Iā€™m starting to lean back into my faith and not only do I not want to drink, but do I really want to be used/use someone for that? I feel this is a test of choosing against both for once. I am such a deep lover. I honestly wish to be a wife. But a serious relationship just isnā€™t happening for me. As a full time, single autism mom, itā€™s not easy to meet anyone. But I also believe itā€™s because I havenā€™t become my best self for ME first. And then Iā€™m mad at myself because why is it taking me so long? I just turned 28 and from someone who comes from a small town, I see everyone getting married and having babies. Most of them younger. It just always comes back to not being happy with myself. So why canā€™t I commit to bettering myself? Thatā€™s all I want. Iā€™m trying everyday to become the woman I am proud to be. Iā€™m still going to school to become a master esthetician (although struggling to find confidence in it) I have been working on making my home a more comfortable and cute space to live in daily with the limited energy I have. Iā€™ve ordered some clothes to try and feel better about myself. Now I just really need to get on top of working out and eating right. But it feels impossible to do all of it as someone with adhd and executive dysfunction . Iā€™m seeing a doctor soon to hopefully get medicated. I also just think I donā€™t have enough energy because my body isnā€™t in a state of homeostasis. So I really need to get healthy.

Sorry for the long rant I donā€™t blame you if you didnā€™t read it all lol. Peace and blessings to everyone here. May we get through our hard days and find better ones.

16 Likes

Awesome!! Thanks

2 Likes

So good to see you checking in friend. You are doing great with 3 days sobriety. You are in school and taking care of your autistic son. I know it sucks seeing people our age doing what society expects of us at a certain age but remember that you are doing you and you are doing it well.
Keep up the great work friend. Hope you are able to practice self care and get some ā€œMEā€ time :hugs:

4 Likes

Probably weird stuff for you!

ā€¢ ā€œSalmorejoā€ (dish from the south of Spain made of tomatoes, bread, olive oil, garlic and a bit of vinegar, all mixed) Usually itā€™s served with small pieces of ham and egg.
ā€¢ ā€œTrampĆ³ā€ - another Spanish dish, typical from Mallorca (salad of tomatoes, onions, green peppers and I add chick peas, with olive oil, vinegar, salt & pepper)
ā€¢ Chicken with red peppers, onion, mushrooms and cream, served with rice
ā€¢ Chickpeas with spinach and onions and some Serrano ham, potatoes, with some cream and curry and other oriental spices!

:rofl::call_me_hand:t2: All done for the week!

7 Likes

WOW girl ā€“ that is some good wholesome cookingā€¦ sounds great! Not weird at all. I would eat most of it (am vegan so may do some changes lol but am loving the base and the flavors :yum: )

3 Likes

Well, there are some parts in there that are not too veganā€¦ :see_no_evil: Iā€™m not vegan nor vegetarian as you can tell!

4 Likes

Welcome back and congrats on 3 days

5 Likes

Checking in day 231 AF :blush:

11 Likes

Day 1038 AF

Good afternoon, everyone.

Had a good time at the park yesterday. Caught up with some old friends and their families. They were drinking, but it didnā€™t bother me. Didnā€™t even crave it. I was busy dealing with my kids at the playground. I ran into one of my cousins, and he offered me a beer. Told him I was still sober, almost 3 years. He was like, ā€œOh yeah, uh, I forgot.ā€ Idk how many times I gotta tell dude Iā€™ve been sober, lol. He started talking about how I already did my sobriety time, and 3 years was a long time. 1 or 2 beers wonā€™t hurt :unamused:. Reminded me of an episode from Loudermilk. When his dad talks about weā€™re not alcoholics because of our sobriety time :laughing:. Anyway, I told him it wasnā€™t for me, and thatā€™s that. It was a chill day overall.

Back to the grind today. Took the kiddos to school and staying busy with work.

I hope everyoneā€™s doing well. Take care. ODAAT :heart:

16 Likes

@JazzyS great you feel less the pain in your head!!!
Day 27 here. I feel a little bit nervous. I want to reach 30 days. I donā€™t want to mess up again. I am afraid of self sabotage. But I will fight

9 Likes

@Jesile I love Salmorejo :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

Nada mejor que un buen salmorejo casero en veranoā€¦ :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Jesile quĆ© bien!! Hablas espaƱol!!! Tienes toda la razĆ³n :wink: el salmorejo en verano es de lo mejor y encima si es casero

2 Likes