Checking in daily to maintain focus #69

I’m here, I’m alive, I’m sober and I’m happy.
Day 173.

Husband was out with some friends fishing yesterday and brought home two big fishes yesterday. One huge Pike-Perch and one huge Pike fish.

We smoked the Pike-Perch and is going to put the Pike fish on the bbq.

I don’t eat Pike fish, but the friends he was out fishing with yesterday will come for dinner so they’ll eat it for me :laughing:

Kids are back in school, oldest daughter is here because she needed help to hand in all papers. And yet she has only done half of what she’s supposed to do this month so there’s a risk that she doesn’t get any money.

It shouldn’t be my responsibility,but for now it is.

I’m already tired and the school year just started, forgot the 12 y/o library card today otherwise everything else was in perfect order for school start. Felt bad all day about that library card.

Had to cancel the hotel and the trip to the Cowboy Western theme park this weekend. There’s going to be a storm here, because of the Ernesto hurricane. Currently trying to figure out something else to do.
A bit sad, but being there in a storm wouldn’t be any fun.

Guess I need to call my Ma and see of she’s alive.

That’s all Folks :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Wishing y’all a wonderful day.

12 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 1527. I hope everybody has a good one :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

Checking in at 154 days!

14 Likes

Day 17 :four_leaf_clover:

Have a nice week everyone and stay blessed :heart:

11 Likes

137 days sober
This mornings counseling session weny well. She gave some good advice on how to cope better with how the sessions effect me. I found it helpful. I am starting to feel more comfortable talking to her about things.
I had a good walk afterwards and then had a productive work day. I like days when work makes me be so social. I went around today to do a sort of survey on if the translated words I’ve came up with are understandable or not. This involved many bowls of tea and lots of interesting conversations. And I need to go back to the thinking board for 2 translations. So all in all it was a productive day!
And I’ve felt good today. Some anxiety but nothing too overwhelming. :blush:

15 Likes

Thanks Jazzy. I’m just so tired.

3 Likes

Hey Jazz, thanks for your input. Funny enough my friend visiting is called the same! :sweat_smile:
It’s not so much about the drinking, she knows my struggles, and it’s not about that. It’s more about the fact that I don’t want to hang out with people. I’ve become a total loner, and I’m fine with that! We haven’t seen each other for 4 years, and the most normal thing would be to want to see her and catch up! But somehow I stress just by the thought of it. Don’t know, guess I’m not making sense! I’ve cooked 4 different dishes and haven’t come any further! :see_no_evil::rofl:

3 Likes

Day 1:

No binge eating
No shopping

11 Likes

Thanks for your response. I will remain sober. Any suggestions on what to do for the anxiety and feeling antsy?

2 Likes

Thanks for your support

2 Likes

I definitely will. Thanks for welcoming me. :heart:

3 Likes

Checking in 174 days alcohol free. Weekend was well just exhausting. No matter the tasks done it just never seems enough for spouse not to be disappointed in my efforts. Feels like a losing battle. Anyway today is a new day. I have my list of TODOS. First AA Meeting this morning then on to my chores for the day. Looking forward to gym later and maybe a feeling of accomplishment.

9 Likes

Checking in. Day one, again. I messed up last night but feeling positive and confident and definitely not drinking today.

11 Likes

Stay mindful. Make a plan that can help you stay on track. Let us get you to day 2!

2 Likes

Checking in with 134 days sober.
Sobriety is going well. Life is full of struggles and I’m just grateful that I’m not compounding them drunk or hungover.
Hope you all have a great day.

14 Likes

Don’t give up!! You can do it!!

3 Likes

Awesome!!! I’m proud of you!!

3 Likes

Day 422. Back at work. Went OK. At work all week and then I’m on call this Sunday. All ok

Bit tired. The week off ended badly so I’m pleased to be home and focusing again

12 Likes

For me it is always important to bring to mind that whatever uncomfortable situation I am expriencing, it will pass. Everything changes, everything is impermanent, even pain, anxiety, etc.
But what to do while I experience these emotions?

1. Distraction: Whatever works for you. Listening to a podcast, watching tv, doing laundry, prayer, playing with a fidget toy, whatever helps you through.
  2. Physical activity: walking, exercise, running, yoga, jumping, anything that gets you moving.
  3. Connecting: Call or text a friend, share on here.
  4. Meetings: There are countless online meetings at all times available from all kinds of recovery programs (AA, Recovery Dharma, SMART Recovery, and more). You can just dial in and listen. You don’t have to show your face, you don’t have to participate in any active way. Being among people working on their recovery is good.
  5. Meditation/Breathwork: There are multiple apps offering guided meditations for all kinds of situations and emotional needs. I personally use the Insight Timer app. When I get an anxiety or panic attack in the middle of the night, those calming voices help a lot.
  6. Mindfulness: Learn mindfulness meditation. It will teach you how to just be and handle stressful and painful emotions and thoughts in any situation. This is a skill I can not recommend enough.
  7. General self care: a massage, bath, yoga nidra meditation, hair and body care. It’s always important to take care of oneself. Always.

See you tomorrow :wave:

10 Likes

@timetochange Glad you did not give into the feeling to drink. 422 days and gaining strength :muscle:
@tragicfarinelli Girl I feel you on being so tired. If you can – just allow yourself to rest. Some days I just do my physical activities and sleep as I know I am not able to mentally / physically handle anything else. You are dealing with a lot of emotions and they can be super draining. Be gentle with yourself.:people_hugging:
@jesile You are totally making sense. I was (kinda still am) that way. Wish you well with the visit. 4 different dishes? What did you cook?

For me – I practice deep breathing practices, Long walks in nature and meditation. We have a meditation thread here that may be helpful to you

@tailee17 I am sorry LAM – that is total horseshit as I know you are putting your full effort in. I am totally impressed with you and proud of your efforts! :hugs:
@dv713 Welcome back Dave and great work on day 1! Stay connected my friend – it gets easier – Great positive attitude you already got going :muscle

Checking in Monday afternoon
Feeling good today. Fatigue and pain still high but I did manage to get a lot of activity done which is good for my mental health.
Gonna curl up and read my book and hopeflly a nap LOL.
Wishing you all a wonderful addiction free day - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

11 Likes