Checking in daily to maintain focus #69

What a great progress…
Huge congratulations, especially for being so healthy now! :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

225 days AF checking

I could say a lot about my new job, the company, so on but it’s somehow a safe space thing I don’t want to talk about that much in public. To break it down, it’s even soo much better then I expected and I got a little surprise, get to know interesting characters and challenges to take everyday. I will be able to grow. And use what I learned.

Had trouble with my car this morning, happy nothing worse happened and my boss was soo understanding and calming.

Doing great.
Goals for rest of this year are fixed :sweat_smile:
Dating is -non- of it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::heart::heart:

Love you guys :heart:

20 Likes

Day 51 Checking in. Been having a really really difficult week mentally and it’s only Wednesday morning…

My job as a recruiter is even more difficult when I feel this way because I can’t get the motivation to speak to people at all. Been doing well without alcohol but times like now have me craving a drink just to forget these feelings.

Hope I can make it through this difficult period.

19 Likes

Day 2364. 120 day tobacco free. I have a job interview tomorrow. It is at an established, family owned butcher shop. They own a few store fronts. This is a position for their smoke house. Bonus, if i get the position is that it is 5 miles from the house.

I have grown cynical about buisness these days. Nothing is perfect, a worker is just a number on the spread sheet. If the pay is right, the commute is short and the hours work…I think i will be satisfied.

Stay sober friends!

21 Likes

Day 194

All good here. Trying to join some local clubs and meet new people. So far so good. :heart: Not much else to report

I hope you have a great day!

18 Likes

Thanks my friend

2 Likes

Day 941
The morning didnt start too well. Just really rushed for the school bus. Even tho i was feeling irritable and frustrated bcuz the bus texted that they were 7 min away (she forgot to text earlier like she usual does), and im rushing to get my son in his chair and pack all of his medical equipment, i didnt allow myself to project that frustration onto my son. Instead i stepped back for a quick 2 seconds and took a depp breathe and then was plesant and happy for my son. I cant expect him to have a good day if im frustrated and rushing him at the beginning of it. So im proud of myself for that.

I had a using dream last night. Its still very vivid in my mind. Absolutely hate experiencing them. At least it was only a dream.

Todays plans are to hit the gym and then come home to make some caramel buttercream for my macarons.
@acromouse i do make different flavors and will color the shell to match the flavor profile but they are sooo finicky. Adding to much of anything outside of the basic recipe can make them a fail. Im making Earl Gray ones with a caramel buttercream. Thats what they requested. Hope they turn out as i dont make them often.

Hope everyone enjoys their day :butterfly:

15 Likes

IMG_1087

6 Likes

Butcher Shop? That would be my Candy Store. Short commute is great also. Good Luck!

6 Likes

Happy hump day my friends! Nice weather here in Chicagoland. Its Realtor safety month and I get to do a Self-defense class today for a group. I am blessed that I get to do what I love and am truly greatful. If I drink, it could all disappear.

Make it an awesome day!!

15 Likes

@Whereswaldo Sending hugs – that is a shitty emotion to feel and here to tell you that we value you :hugs:
@catmancam Sorry friend that you are dealing with this pain. I do hope they are able to find something to help with pain management :crossed_fingers:
@Finn Thanks for the book recommendation - I will look into this myself. Grate to hear that it has helped relieve your pain.
@Juli1 SO HAPPY for you Jules. Thrilled that you have found a good job and working environment :hugs:
@Ncgolfer YEAH to 50 + days. Sorry you are having a difficult week. For me this week has been challenging with cravings as my body issues are acting up and I am trying to find the positive things to focus on – trying to listen to happy music, comedy acts and watch funny movies / shows. I find this helps keep my mind on a positive mindset and the cravings at bay. Staying connected to this APP and other support systems also helps. Lets keep pushing forward together :muscle: No way are we going to repeat day 1.
@Thirdmonkey OOH good luck with the interview :crossed_fingers:
@Butterflymoonwoman Grateful that you took a second to breathe. Sucks when we are so busy and caught up with the moment that we get over frustrated and lash out - So happy to hear that you did not. I do hope all goes well with your baking adventures today – sounds like a delicious pairing of flavors! post pics when you are done if you remember.

8 Likes

We shall see how it goes!

4 Likes

Have you been working in the butchery business before? I worked 7 years in a market which sold raw, frozen, dried and smoked meat. We didn’t do actual butchery, just cutting and smokery. I mainly worked on selling the meat to customers but did cutting and smokery aswell

4 Likes

Hey i am going to try to have a good day yesterday was by far one of my worst day ever i didnt even feel as bad when i was getting clean and i felt bad. I took i think is the first step to getting myself to feel better and it was taking all of my pictures of me and my off my lock screen a constant reminder that just made me sad so it has taken me a long time to do that. I sit back Wonder of all my past I need to stop doing that. I guess the next thing to do with my life is to keep trying to do the right thing or the next right thing and hopefully time will heal that’s what people tell me. I hope everybody has a great day one day at a time

8 Likes

Absolutely new environment for me, other than being one of their customers.

4 Likes

You are welcome😊 I think everyone with back, neck, shoulder pain etc should read that book. The main idea in Sarnos work is that the pain is caused by psychological issues. I think chronic physical pain is one of the biggest reasons why people become alcoholists world wide, to numb the pain. There’s also material in Youtube by typing ”John Sarno” or ”Dr Sarno”. Here is a trailer of a document I’d like to watch:

4 Likes

Being sober and fresh is your biggest benefit. Thumbs up for the interview👍

4 Likes

160 days sober
Today we had the workshop for social workers on alcohol addiction thanks to the doctor who traveled here and it went SO well! I’m really glad how well it went. It was so satisfying to see the social workers taking in the new information, asking good questions and being interactive. I also felt proud of them for how much they are wanting to learn about this. The doctor that came did a fantastic job talking to them and gave practical information. And I am so glad we went over some new vocab in advance all the struggling with translating pesky those new words these past weeks worked out well and were understood by everyone.
So all in all it was a successful day! We are all tired now and going to bed early. Hope everyone is also having a good sober day/night.

12 Likes

You got it! Even when not sober this was my daily effort. Use to fail miserably drunk. Sober I can see clearly now!

3 Likes

I love your post. You are changing lives. I so admire you!

Congrats on 160 days

IMG_1295

6 Likes