Checking in daily to maintain focus #70

Thanks Rosa! Iā€™m in a neighborhood that includes the pools as part of the dues. Also the weights and machines and saunas and classes and stuff. So glad I went! Glad to hear you went too, and love it. Water people!

Itā€™s very intense exercise. I am sore as hell today as Iā€™m not used to using all those muscles. Just soaking and stretching today. Oh you might differentiate yourself (if the class leans older)ā€¦by dressing as an Olympian instead of the stereotypical skirted, ruffled one-piece and floral cap vibe of water aerobics! :laughing: I did see some 70+ in the pool that could probably beat me in aerobics quite easilyā€¦haha. Some of these ladies train a LOT in retirement. And I still have my office body. :grinning:

Anyway, I hope you keep going and maybe we can post on the beginners swimmers emotional support thread. Is there? :thinking:

9 Likes

Day 313. Day off, and gonna have ourselves a delicious stuffed meatloaf dinner. Some sweet peppers, beef, sausage and mushrooms. Added my secret ingredient corn flakes and im not kidding it makes the meatloaf so fricken bomb, everyone who ever tries it dies for it. Gonna let this slow cook for the day and head out for a ride on the wheel. Much love

21 Likes

Day 206

Woke up at 1 and couldnā€™t get back to sleep. Wearing myself out. Iā€™ll sleep tonight :sheep:

Clouds and change in the air.

Enjoy your day!

18 Likes

Ironing? Wow my ironing is wet towel with item to iron in dryer 15 minutes. I ironed a decal on a sweat shirt 50 years ago. Good for you on ironing.

6 Likes

Ha! We might need that thread! Though Iā€™m sure we would be welcome on one of the workout threads. I know I need to get the ball rolling on this endeavor before it gets too cold here up north and I donā€™t feel like getting out of my warm bed :sweat_smile:

That sounds like a lovely set up youā€™ve got there. We have free weights, bands and a treadmill at home that have helped me maintain but Iā€™m not consistent with that, either. When I was going to the Y it felt like an event and that helped me push myself. Iā€™m looking forward to this getting me staying active through the winter here especially.

5 Likes

Would love to see you on the daily workout thread - log in daily journey no matter what skill level. I too have gotten back to swimming this year and my body was in heaven. Missing it now that the outdoor pools are closed and looking to see what close by gyms are available.

Or you could join the Swimmers thread to share your love of swimming :swimming_woman:

Swimmers thread :swimming_woman:t2:
Daily fitness check in :muscle:

4 Likes

Day 9

Had some freelance works, im a programmer i stucked with a bug in last day still figuring out. I love it because that makes me busy and help to rid from thoughts of drinks, i feel that im recovering back to normal my early days that when i started my programming. I want to take it one day at a time.

20 Likes

@Mindofsobermike That sounds yummy! It reminds me of my dadā€™s stuffed meatloaf he hasnā€™t made since I was a kid. His secret ingredient was cheese :cheese: Lots of cheese :yum:

@tailee17 :laughing: Ironing! Iā€™ve only done it a handful of times in my life, but I actually did last night! Took me 20 minutes sitting on the kitchen floor using a book as an ironing board to do one shirt for my daughter :sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:

7 Likes

172 days sober
Still been sick today. My fever is lower so hoping that with a good sleep Iā€™ll be feeling a bit better tomorrow this illness has really sucked all the energy out of me. This morning I called to ask my neighbor if she could help with my chores again and asked my friend if she could pick up a few things for me from town. I was proud that I asked for help instead of struggling to get it done on my own.

19 Likes

Day 1374,

Finished the book on immature parents, it ended with this gem:

ā€œSo tell me, is it worth to pain to get to live twice in one life? Are you glad youā€™ve chosen the path of awareness?ā€
Yes?
Me tooā€¦.

In short the book was about seeing and feeling family relationships as they are. Everything has a close link with addiction.

Have a sober 24 hours :pray:

14 Likes

I totally agree! Itā€™s an excellent workout!

5 Likes

671 :muscle: rough few mths just been dx with functional abdominal pain syndrome

Debating with myself whether to buy the PS5 pro or fireworks for the grandkids :thinking:

I am a pyromaniac :joy:

Happy sober Monday everyone

18 Likes

Checking in on a dreary, rainy day. Itā€™s supposed to be like this all week - yuck! This kind of weather makes my joints really ache and i get cold so easily. Everyone seems to like the cooker temps, but not me.
Pretty boring day at work. Not much going on, which is a good thing usually. I like days with no drama. I have a meeting to go to tonight when Iā€™d really like to stay home and cuddle with the cats. I think i did too much over the weekend and needed another day off to rest up.

12 Likes

One of these days :smiling_face_with_tear::axe: One of these days when I regret almost every decision I ever made. Didnā€™t sleep last night, have a bit of cold, all that together made me miserable, grumpy, sleepy, old and miserable. So miserable :roll_eyes:
Funny thing, I was falling asleep all day (I couldnā€™t take a nap cause 2x3yo on the board), and now finally I am in a bed and I canā€™t sleep. So fucking funny :grimacing:
Anyway, no desire to drink. No desire to smoke. I just want to rest.

This is how I was feeling today after putting my kids to sleep:
IMG_20240923_212101
I love them so much.
But omg, what a dayā€¦

19 Likes

Checking in day 266 AF :blush:

13 Likes

I have done my fair share of ironing back when dress shirts were still required for work. For next time when you do not have an ironing board available, try the corner of the kitchen counter, generally heat resistant and so much easier than a book on the floor! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Greetings fellow travelers. This is either my first or second check in. About a month and a week sober here. Struggling. Not struggling so much with alcohol, but struggling with life now that thereā€™s no alcohol in it. Nothing to take the edge off of things. Sick to death of the relationSHIT that is my marriage of 45 yrs (yeah, you think weā€™d have it figured out by now wouldnā€™t ya?) Ridiculous political climate in the US. Lack of motivation. I get relief when Iā€™m with my precious grands a couple of times a week and when I sleep. And now that Iā€™m sleeping better, I just look forward to going to bed as soon as I can get there after dinner. Feels like a lame way to live. I mean, Iā€™m thankful/proud of not drinking. I mean, Iā€™m getting healthier and feel better physically. Iā€™m working out pretty regularly for the first time in decades. But mentally Iā€™m kind of a mess. Is it just my life circumstances or have a lot of you felt like this along the way?

20 Likes

Congrats on your month and a week!! And yes, I think lots of us can relate to the mental mess in early days/weeks/months. Especially those of us who spent our entire lives with alcohol escapism and are now presented with an entirely new life, new emotions, new choices, etc. It is a big new world and kind of scary at timesā€¦especially after 40+ years of having alcohol or xyz to keep us occupied, dull the edges, make us less present. Soā€¦being presented with our actual selves ā€¦yes, it is a big deal and can discombobulate you. Very normal to be a mental mess. It takes awhile for our body mind and spirit to clear all of the trash out of our cells. Be gentle with your self and your process. It does get betterā€¦we get betterā€¦we heal and find the door opens to lots of new experiences. :heart:

11 Likes

Another day sober.
When i start to see the signs, i pivot to TS. I need to make sure Iā€™m proactive and focus on what Iā€™m grateful for. I have no right to search for things inappropriate or let my eyes travel to things that are worthless. Keep fighting E. ODAAT.

17 Likes

Checking in 908 days free from alcohol.
School holidays here, going to do some cooking with my daughter this morning. My teen son has a job interview at a bike store this afternoon for a bike building and servicing job. Itā€™s his first job, so Iā€™m excited for him. We started homeschooling late last year, itā€™s been bumpy and Iā€™m constantly worrying about him. Parenting is tough, I was not prepared for how anxious I would be all the time :joy:
Itā€™s been a good long weekend here, I repotted all my house plants, went for a run and nearly died (Iā€™m okay but it was so tough), some nice walks, nice food, and nice weather.
Grateful for sober living, and for this space to share.
Have a wonderful day :sun_with_face:

18 Likes