Checking in daily to maintain focus #70

During my first month of sobriety I was extremely fragile and though I find nature to be extremely healing I was also experiencing tons of anxiety as well as agoraphobic symptoms.
I had come down to the docks in town, but I freaked out halfway on and turned around to get back home as quick as I could.

Today I decided to revisit that same dock and this time I walked up and down it with ease.

Today I am much stronger in my sobriety and look forward to building on that with each passing day.

I hope each and every one of you take a moment for yourself today. :black_heart:

23 Likes

Congratulations :clap::tada::clap:

3 Likes

You have been busy! So glad you had a wonderful day that you can cherish for the rest of your life. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Hey thanks no just out of my head and heart lol :heart: appreciate you

5 Likes

Thank you so much :slight_smile: oh my 7 hpurs to get there and back ro therapy you trooper! Good for ypu putting that dedication for yourselfā€¦is it not funny when you feel ypu have decompressed and someone points out you seem stressed? Or you had a good sleep and feel well rested and someone says you look tired?? Back up doc, i decompressed :laughing:
Wishing you all the best on your journeh and thanks for always sharinf :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Man there are not enough hours in tbe day yet i cant wait to crawl in bed some days! Been very busy witj job applications, and trying to focus there as last 2 weeks was a lot of stuff for my nephew. Famiky stuff is also challenging. On a positive note home life has been wonderful. Hubbys job is going very wll only downside is the commute is too longā€¦not just long, genuinely it may long run just be too long. Alas, for now it is good but I understand 2 hours each wayā€¦wooooh long. It was closer to 1 hour and then something abput putting people back in offices this past few weeks has created a terrible ampunt of traffic so it is closer to 1.5 sometimes 2. But really only downside so im going to try to get him into some audio books or something.

Kids seem really good though i have just been wrestling my son to sleep and oooo i cant wait for this little 9pm/30 stage of sleep to be done. I try not to wish time away but fuck me im tired of this shit LOL GO TO BED I LOVE YOU GO TO BED!!!

Happy 24 everyone and thanks for always being here xo

18 Likes

@climbin Hope you are ok. I see you wrote 9 hours ago and must have had something troubling you at that time to write your novel. Sorry you felt that you needed to delete it. We are here for you and can offer support. Sending you kindness and warmth. Hope your day got better :pray:
@laner Wishing you safe travels and hope the journey is smooth and not triggering. The tolls and having to distribute vodka sounds frustrating. I understand that this may be the custom and there is no ways around it. Hoping that you manage to stay safe and sober and know we are right there with you in spirit :people_hugging:
@vanessa8 WHOOHOO 6 months is amazing work! So happy for yu and all your efforts. I am sorry to hear about your husband and his drinking. Unfortunately, until he is ready to quit ā€“ not much can be done to change his mind about the addiction. I know my loved ones were not able to convince me to quit no matter how much they pleaded. As you know, it has to be a personal journey and the push needs to come from within. Wishing you luck with the conversation if and when you have it.
@refreshedperspective Sorry to hear of all that you have on your plate and yes that all can be super overwhelming. Glad that you are staying sober and over 1 week in :muscle: Donā€™t let that past decisions creep up now and try to fill you with guilt. You are making positive changes now and that is what counts. The guilt will only keep you in the grips of addiction. Sending strength and love!
@positivethoughts Knowing what caused the reset and will be more diligent as you smash through this journey and stack up the days! :muscle: You have your tools and our support. ODAAT
@juli1 WOW an ice bath and Hoff breathingā€”amazing girl! Glad you are feeling rejuvenated and refreshed mentally, emotionally ;hugs: You are strong my friend! Glad you are feeling empowered!
@pamela It does get easier. The key is to remember the early days and how hard it was cause once you gain days and start feeling better the addict mind tries to get you to have that ā€œoneā€ drink. We all know that one drink leads to many more and the you are back in the same pattern. Day 2 is impressive work! Keep pushing through. Stay hydrated and allow yourself to rest as your body is detoxing and that can be tiring. Sending strength and love your way ā€“ ODAAT :muscle:
@timbuk YIPPEE 50 days is awesome work. Sorry to hear about your cat. Sending healing energy your way
@justkaitlin CONGRATS on your triple digits and your marriage! Absolutely stunning!

BRILLIANT! So happy to read this and for your journey! Keep growing stronger my friend :muscle:

Checking in on Monday evening
656 days free of alcohol and weed
1071 days free of cigarettes
Same ol same ol ā€“ just trying to keep moving and trying to deal with the symptoms and pain. Luckily drinking or getting high is not my go to. ODAAT!

Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening ā€“ sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

19 Likes

Daily check in! Iā€™m wrapping up day 13 and canā€™t wait to wake up and start day 14 (my 2 week mark!).

I have struggled some today trying to catch up on the housework and things I let lag during my first 10-12 days while I was so exhausted I couldnā€™t function. My brain kept telling me I functioned better with my DOC. I wonā€™t say it in case itā€™s a trigger for someone. At times I agreed with my brain as I tried to catch up on 2 weeks worth of mess I didnā€™t have time or energy to address. But, I won tonight. I told myself that my strength is better than it ever was drunk or hungover. And itā€™s gaining every day. It may be a mess now but in the long run I know itā€™ll be better!!

Night everyone! :v:

20 Likes

Day 967 Evening Check in
Hey everyone! Today wasnt too bad honestly. Did my morning prayer and readings first thing. Had a good workout. Ate well. Did some tidying up. Made supper. And will do some self care once my son is asleep. I feel okay-ish. It feels like my anxiety is still there, but just muted. Its no overpowering which I am thankful for. So much great advice/suggestions has been given to me on here the past couple days. Im so grateful for everyones help.
Really hoping everyone is doing okay today and doing well in recovery. Much love to my TS fam
:butterfly:

21 Likes

Way to go @Lizziebeth for staying true to recovery! That voice does get quieter overtime. Im excited for u tmrw! Thats a huge milestone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations on 6 months
IMG_1371

5 Likes

223 days sober. I am dealing with some major knee pain. Slept all day. First time in bed all day since sober. Tonight pain is subsiding and walking without crutches. I sat here about 2 hours and got caught up on reading all your posts. Ran out of likes an hour ago. :hugs:

21 Likes

I have these weird nights lately. Iā€™m used to wake a number of times at night but the waking up has become (much) more frequent lately. Feels like Iā€™m awake ten times a night now (which is probably exaggerated). And loads of dreams, pretty wild ones (as dreams go) although no nightmares but they still leave me feeling disconcerted when I wake up. Well, I do feel rested OK again this morning. Letā€™s take it as it comes. One day at a time.

Experience work day today and tomorrow. Thatā€™s good. Iā€™m going to have as good a day as I can and expect the same from you friends. Sober and clean or nothing would come of it. Love.

Lots of positive check ins this early morning. Great to read. A special congrats to @justKaitlin for her wedding (thanks for sharing, what a beautiful radiant bride you make!). And a big hug to @Pamela. Glad youā€™re here with us. Itā€™s one day at a time for all of us but the days will get better. And easier. :people_hugging:

20 Likes

Day 1087 AF

Wud up, gang.

Made it 6 days without coffee and caved in today. Felt like shit this morning, I had to! :sob:
Iā€™ll keep trying. At least try to moderate and not drink 3-5 cups a day.

Anyway, today was my day off. Hung out with the wife and went for a walk. It was a chill day. Picked up the kids from school. Took the little man to the playground and just hanging out at the apartment right now. Gonna catch up here and then watch a show.

I donā€™t think I could relapse. Anytime I have drinking thoughts, I think about my drunken self, and all those fucked up days/nights. Thatā€™s what stops me froming picking up the bottle again. The shame, the embarrassment, depression, regrets, arguments, etc. Why would I want to start over again? I am not sure what I am capable of if I was under the influence. It scares me. Glad Iā€™m sober. Gotta do this for myself, my wife, and my kiddos.

Much love to yā€™all. Keep pushing. Stay strong. ODAAT :heart:

24 Likes

I hope you get some rest. Man, Iā€™ve had the weirdest dreams as of late. Dreams of my elementary school friends. I havenā€™t seen these folks in ages. I totally forgot about them, to be honest. Felt like I time traveled for a second. I better check my meds.

7 Likes

@tailee17 Sorry about your knee pain. Feel better.
@justKaitlin Congrats on triple digits and your wedding!
@Vanessa8 Congrats on your 6 months!
@Pamela Congrats on 2 days. Sorry about your relapse. Find the strength.
@Just_Laura I feel u on your financial situation. Hope you get things resolved with your insurance. Money has been tight these days.

7 Likes

79 days sober and Iā€™ve lost weight and feel so much better than I have in a long time. More good days than bad so far.

18 Likes

@Vanessa8 Nice job on 6 months :tada: Keep up the great work!
@justKaitlin Congratulations on your marriage :tada: So happy for you! Glad you had such a great time at your wedding! You look beautiful :heart:

I completely relate to thisā€¦still. Idk how, but I always kept track of everything and got it all done while drinking. Now thereā€™s issues (ie: Iā€™m never on time for anything, I forget important things(bills/scheduling appts/etc), and procrastination!) If I had to make an important phone call, I just made it. Now thereā€™s too much thinking involved. Itā€™s like my brain worked better slow. Plus I had this ā€˜needā€™ to appear normal and put together so no one could tell what I really was. Nonetheless, I love the person Iā€™ve become sober :relieved: Iā€™d rather be this, apparently not put together version of myself any day, instead of the shell of a person who could remember to pay bills. Always gonna be a work in progress :sparkles: And thatā€™s okay.

Nice round number :smiling_face: After cleaning in circles around my pile of papers, I finally made the call. The woman I talked to 6 months ago seemed adamant this situation was out of their hands and I had to deal with a consumer report agency. The report gave me no more information than I already had. The helpful lady today sounded like this issue should be easily resolved bc this claim was already dismissed(Although, it makes me wonder what really happened here). Now Iā€™m waiting for a callback from a claim adjustment advisor sometime by the end of day tomorrow. Hoping itā€™s good news :pray: Itā€™s late now. Better rest up so I can wait around for this phone call :sweat_smile: Goodnight!

28 Likes

@Just_Laura Congrats to 600!!!

7 Likes

Congratulations @Just_Laura !!

10 Likes