Checking in daily to maintain focus #70

Amen to that :rofl:

2 Likes

Day 30 AF
This is the easy part for me. Troubles wait somewhere in the future, 3+ months away when I forget how I felt like after drinking.

8 Likes

Day 235

Busy morning of early voting, packing, car stuff and a 10000 step fast walk with my neighbor. I need some cool water and a break. Getting pretty hot again but by this time tomorrow Iā€™ll be approaching the state line. Canā€™t wait! Need to find my gloves :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So happy I donā€™t drink anymore. Life is opening up as I meet more and more people. What a tiny world I used to live in.

Have a good day

7 Likes

Congratulations on 30 days!! Great work! And great self awareness also! Now that u know that u may forget how bad things were, u can prepare urself for that. I found writing how bad things were very helpful. I used to read it everytime id have a craving to remind me what the condequences were of using/drinking. Keep going odaat :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Raspberry good going! Congratulations on your 30 days. Getting complacent is the biggest threat to me as well. Iā€™m a forgetter. Lots of us are. Who wants to remember the pain, it sucks! So our brains are trying to ā€˜protectā€™ us and make us happier by forgetting. But we canā€™t. And for me there was no amount of sober time that was enough. I tossed six years away because I thought thatā€¦oh, maybe it wasnā€™t that bad. It IS THAT BAD. Never forget. Yeah, I think it gets easier over time, and the thoughts are increasingly rare, but I will never be cured. Itā€™s ok! I donā€™t mind the company :heart: :rose:

2 Likes

Congrats on 30 days friend. Itā€™s one of the reasons Iā€™m still here. The title of the thread says it all right.

3 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman I actually wrote things down last time I decided to get sober. And deleted that writing when I ā€œsuccesfullyā€ moderated. Now Iā€™m a little bit wiser I hope. I might write updated version how this story always goes. Only fools repeat the same thing and except a different outcome. I donā€™t want to be a fool anymore. :melting_face:

@Lighter you are so right that no amount of sober time is enough. The outcome is always the same and it gets worse with repeats.

@Mno thatā€™s why Iā€™m trying to build a habit coming here daily. I donā€™t write every day but I do read what others have to say. I havenā€™t been here for long but this place has positive and encouraging vibe. I believe this community can make it easier to succeed being sober.

6 Likes

Congrats on 30 days! Totally with you on the earlier days being the easiest and getting harder the further away you get from drinking!

1 Like

Checking in day 17. Pretty non eventful day today. Had a little bit of good news about something I was worried about from when I was last drinking. Itā€™s fairly minor in the grand scheme of things but still could have been much worse, so I am very thankful for that :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

5 Likes

@Pamela I hope this place helps us when time goes by and one starts to question what one drink could hurt.