Crocheters, Knitters, Crafters, and the like 2020 to present

I love it! I really like the spiral crochet pattern too. I fall into the can’t crochet, can only knit camp.

1 Like

Looks so happy and great!

1 Like

This is really beautiful and impressive!

1 Like

I really love this. Nice work! I do crochet but I’m mostly a knitter. I haven’t tried the fancier crochet stitches like this.

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to learn how to knit. I mostly just follow along with different patterns online for something different with crocheting. The internet is so useful! This pattern used ALOT of wool and took quite a bit of time. But worth it, it turned out lovely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

My current project. It will be a blanket eventually.

9 Likes

Ooohhh. I love those colors.

My current project will be a shawl eventually.

9 Likes

Hi everyone! I am new to this thread. I dont have any projects to show. In fact i am a HUGE newbie to crocheting. I have tried once before in early recovery and struggled with it. I do have some yarn and hooks here but couldnt tell u how to follow instructions lol Anyway, i picked up this box at the dollarstore thinking it would be easy to understand. I wanted to make this for my mom for xmas as my 1st piece. It did come with instructions but everything was abreviated. Is there a link or a video or guide that someone happens to have and can share on here for me? I just want to learn how to do this. I really like the amigurumi projects especially. But they look hard lol There are sooo many beautiful pieces here. U all are very talented!

9 Likes

That’s so cute! I don’t have any specific links to share, but I’ve had luck finding tutorials on YouTube. Maybe searching for basic stitches and terminology would get you started. Good luck!

Make sure to check thoroughly in whatever instructions they give because there usually are abbreviations explained in a little guide. Otherwise the internet is your friend! So many available resources online. When I was starting out I used the Lion Brand Yarn website a whole lot for tutorials and explanations.

1 Like

I can’t crochet yet but the book Stitch and Bitch helped me see what I was doing with the tiny knots when I got stuck in my knitting. The same author has a book called The Happy Hooker and the illustrations will probably be helpful too. Maybe see if your library has it?

2 Likes

There’s a channel on YouTube called moogly and I really liked her back when I was learning cause she’s very straightforward and NOT rambly. Like if you look up Single Crochet moogly you’ll get a one minute video that just shows you how to do the dang stitch :joy:. Also you can watch it on 1/2 speed if you need to see it slower which is really helpful.

1 Like

I’ve definitely done the slow mo video for complicated stitches! Heard of moogly but haven’t tried it.

@Butterflymoonwoman ive also used YouTube tutorials from Interweave Craft.

1 Like

Finally finished after 5 months :sweat_smile: my first blanket im going to gift. It’s hard to part with a project that you’ve spent so much time with, but it’s for a dear friend :heart:

14 Likes

Beautiful! The yellow turned out great and I love the pattern.

2 Likes

That looks great!

1 Like

That’s beautiful!

1 Like

Yeah I’m happy with it too! I initially wanted to do something like this… I think I might still try this pattern/colour combo.

5 Likes

I love this. Seems to be instantly gratifying as they are all little circles until you crochet all together. Good use of scrap yarn too!

9 Likes