Daily fitness check in šŸ’Ŗ

Same! I think itā€™s all the changes. Physical, mental, emotional. But I never thought Iā€™d get back here. :sob:
:sob: I think itā€™s also I donā€™t feel I have anyone to share any of this excitement withā€¦ I mean I do have a friend who is happy when I am, but I feel I need to be around ppl who are also excited about fitness being a lifestyle. I had always done it alone, until maybe three years backā€¦ got some great likeminded people I could identify with and discuss. Sadly they were also part of my drinking/using circle so thatā€™s not a place I can go now.
I honestly do not know how I ran into this forum. I have been checking out a bunch of things only in my recovery, 69 days sober/clean today. Must have been something I signed up on not too long ago. Either way, I saw an email today that led me back here to the same fitness thread. Lol. If thatā€™s not a sign, idk what is.
Thank you for chatting with meā€¦ I will try my best to check in hereā€¦ maybe itā€™ll give me enough practice so that I can start checking back in on my fit goals journal (canā€™t look right now lol )ā€¦

4 Likes

good thing the chance hasnā€™t been expired!! Lol, go drink some :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, going to set up some vids for myself for tomorrow. My roomate/friend already signed up to wake me up tomorrow morningā€¦ fingers crossed we get up on time!

1 Like

IMG_1161

38C for the past days, which is more or less the same in Fahrenheit, according to San Google! :innocent::rofl:

2 Likes

This thread is poppin.

Only made it to day 23 on the July challenge.
1.5 hr walk at the park.
Shoulder and lower back stretches.

:v:

2 Likes

Do you know anime One Punch Man? Your training starts to look like his. Be careful, maybe you gonna lose your hair and gain super power instead, like Saitama :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve already lost my hair years ago, are you saying I may have some super powers I donā€™t know about? :joy::joy::joy:
The only anime I know is ā€˜Hajime no Ippoā€™ its about boxing, but maybe Iā€™ll check out One Punch Man

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a big fan of anime myself, seen just few but One Punch Man is so funny, I can really recommend it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did something every day last month :confetti_ball: I had 1 or 2 days that I just walked the dogs but that still counts. This was also my highest volume running month since January :confetti_ball::running_woman:t2::heart:
PS-

I lost a little weight :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball: and it wasnā€™t muscle mass!!

5 Likes

23k steps, hike with elevation was only 1300ft but across crumbly cliff paths and of course up and down quite a few times.

240 zone minutes. Sore heels :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Welcome to the thread Mya! I so relate to what you wrote and I know its hard to see yourself now not being able to do what you used to be able to do so easily and with so much motivation 6 months ago.

This comparison for me is what took so long to get over and Yes I too was filled with shame and hated that I could not do the basics. I didnā€™t even have the want as every time I did my pains would act up my inflammation would go crazy and i was far from where I knew I could be. But Hey ā€“ I decided enough was enough. I am starting from today and no matter what I will give it my 100% as of today. Guess what - i still had all the issues pop up but overall I feel the progress. I am moving faster. I am lifting more. My stamina is improving. All with baby steps. Like super baby steps. I started 4 months ago with just walking up the stairs (due to pain and other issues i had to crawl before). Slowly building on this I have added more activity to my day. I do have some bad days and thatā€™s ok. Just take it ODAAT. I know its hard but you are not alone.

Join us on the August challenge (modify it to what you can do but do it and who knows where that will lead).

Hope to see you here positing with us.

5 Likes

Thursday
Upper body workout with kettlebell

6 Likes

intermediate yoga class

7 Likes

Forgot to post yesterday as I was in bed by 7.

7/31/2024
5.25 mile brisk walk
1 mile walk
Day 31 July challenge
18600 steps

6 Likes

Friday a.m sparring done and dusted. Took a few good shots, gave a few good shots. Thats what its all about.
Push ups 200/3100
Squats 200/3100
Sit ups 200/3100

5 Likes

Bruuuuuuuh

I sweat my :peach: off today in the gym. Definitely did not get enough protein in me before work because I was grumpy.
Hit chest, biceps, triceps, etcā€¦ mainly arms were the focus.
Stretches and did incline treadmill today instead of stair climber. Everyone and their mother were on em today lol

:v:

6 Likes

8/1/2024
5 Mile brisk walk
30 min upper body weight training
20 min lower body weight training
22000 steps

edit to add Day 1 Aug challenge

7 Likes

Hi Jazzy!!!

Thank you! I feel relieved and motivated.
I did some mobility stuff earlier this morning but did download the Smartwod app someone mentioned on the other thread ā€¦ the workout generator.
I did not see the actual challenge (if thereā€™s one posted)ā€¦ still trying to navigate this forum correctly.
Anywho, thank you for your share and your encouragement. I feel itā€™s easier for me to do something when Iā€™m challenged and being part of that thread will be motivational for me! Thanks!!

3 Likes

Oh iā€™m glad to hear it. I do find the challenges to be very helpful in motivating me also. Glad you are here with us and we will kick ass in August together.

The link to the challenge is below -

August challenge

Below is the screen shot of the challenge for you as well - I am unable to do the jumping moves so will modify. Feel free to modify to what you are able to do. Movement is the key :wink:

aug challenge
EACH ROUND CONSISTS OF 3 EXERCISES
COMPLETE A ROUND AND TAKE A 10 SECOND BREAK
AIM IS TO TRY AND COMPLETE 8 ROUNDS

Day 31 is a free day to do whatever routine you want.

1 Like