Daily Gratitude List

I know, right!?! And here I am out of likes :scream: that was brilliant @Peace

5 Likes

I’m grateful to God please help me stay clean and sober just for today.
I’m grateful to God please help me be better today than I was yesterday.
I’m grateful that I slept well and am ready for the day.
I’m grateful that I thought about my gratitude as soon as I woke even though I’m posting it hours later.
I’m grateful for the walk I had alone with my music its nice and sunny and makes me feel alive. Seeing all the people at the park with there pets laughing and running around made me smile.
I’m grateful to go watch some sports with my friends tonight.
I’m grateful that i dont have to cook dinner.
I’m grateful for TS and the grati-dudes
God bless you all. :v:& :heart:

p.s. you are love. ya you!!

12 Likes

Today I’m grateful to my old mate JP’s mum who died earlier on Sunday. Thankful for the warm-hearted welcome she gave me in her house some 40 years ago when she herself was going through the endgame of a disastrous marriage with an alcoholic abusive husband but still found the time to keep a home for her kids and their friends. Grateful for the hospitality I received with her family in her native Aruba in 1986. Grateful to have known this gentle loving soul who was a great storyteller and a great lady even if her posture was diminutive. Rest in peace Olga. Strength to JP Ivan and Ika.

14 Likes

I am grateful that :

• I am alive
  • I am more aware of how addictions may destroy my life
  • I finally took the decision to start the long fight
  • I found such a supportive community over here
15 Likes

Welcome! Glad you could join us! Read around and reach out. The lights are always on and someone always seems to be up. (The coffee could be yesterday’s though, depending what time zone you’re in. :wink:)

Seriously - well done with your decision. A long fight, maybe, but not if you break it down one day at a time - sometimes by the hour or moment by moment too. :orange_heart:

9 Likes

Welcome

Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

5 Likes

Grateful I slept really good. Mark on calendar :grinning:
Grateful I am sober.
Grateful my ankle isn’t so bad after all. Running won’t be possible in the next weeks but anyway, it hopefully is spring and bike season.
Grateful I called my younger grandma and stayed calm. Dementia is getting worse. Speaking time doubles. But she recognises me. :sunflower:
Grateful Monday still free.
Grateful for you all here as I lost my recovery connection here in town and don’t know what to do after.
Grateful for waking up another day.

12 Likes

Hello out there, wherever you are!
Tonight I am grateful for
Waking up sober to a great sunny and warm Sunday.
The trails I hiked and the good vibes nature gives for free.
My parents getting their 2nd covid shot and my upcoming vacation time when I will see them again.
The old friends I talked with yesterday. Felt so nice to reconnect. I let my drinking steal so much from me. I am taking as much as I can back! FRO alcohol.
As always, grateful for you all.

Bye for now…

13 Likes

Grateful to be alive and sober.

14 Likes

Good morning all,
Today I’m grateful I don’t drink, and haven’t for 6 months.
Grateful that even though I didn’t sleep much last night, I am still way better off this morning than i would be with a hangover.
I’m grateful for an extra cup of coffee!
I’m grateful the kids are excited for school today.
I’m grateful that I have kind and thoughtful kids.
Everyone have a wonderful day❤️

13 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and feeling the obsession with alcohol to be decreasing.

I am grateful that I met with my sponsor yesterday and that I am working through the steps with her guidance.

I am grateful that I have this day to rest and relax. :two_hearts:

11 Likes

Good morning :sunny:
I’m grateful for:

• Springtime coming just on time for me, it seems. My personal clouds cleared up a bit more just as spring weather arrived. Coincidence? Hell no! Absolutely connected. But I’m still grateful. My house plants are even waking up now with a lot more new growth, including a flower bud, the very first one, on my Christmas cactus. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • my fresh clean home, and that my husband and I cranked some tunes and worked together on a deep clean of the house. Oh, and I’m grateful he is 6’3” and can reach the high places while I do the lower spots.
  • the plans I’ve made with my parents to come for an extended visit, around two weeks, as soon as they’re vaccinated and the appropriate quarantine time has passed. It looks like they will be able to come by the end of the month! I’m beyond thrilled and grateful to have that happy event to look forward to. I saw them last the first two weeks of January last year. They will also stay with me in my home for the first time (usually stay in a hotel) and it will be different but I think really special. Our house is tiny, but we will make do.

Always grateful for my TS amigos! :heartpulse:

13 Likes

I’m grateful I woke early and found that the sun beat me to it - spring is here!

I’m grateful for the day I had yesterday. It wasn’t hugely restful, but I got lots done and it had a puttering (not stressed) vibe to it all. And my soup was yummy. And the temperature was beauty.

I’m grateful for the changes I can make to my work. It won’t happen overnight, but I’m grateful my employer was so open-minded about it. I’m grateful for opportunities, even just ideas right now, for the future.

I’m grateful that I’m not afraid to picture the future, the life I still want to create for myself, now that I’m sober. It’s exciting, and not like something out of reach.

I’m grateful there were leftover vaccines and I got my first dose yesterday!

I’m grateful for @Peace’s post yesterday. It’s hard to floss when giggling but that was me last night! And kinda wishing I had a unicorn head. :laughing:

M and D, for truly forgetting after you forgave.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

12 Likes

I’m grateful to God I don’t drink.
I’m grateful to God I don’t depend on booze.
I’m grateful to God for all my gratitude.
I’m grateful we are getting our vaccines today.
I’m grateful Daisy is purring on my lap this morning.
I’m grateful we can start planning things to do in about 6 weeks like go to Cali.
I’m grateful the wife is still not drinking gin.
I’m grateful I’m not following politics as much as I use to. But I’m also grateful and still need to work on, listening to my wife rant about the state of our politics in this country. It still sucks so fucking bad.
I’m grateful I have my house and home and food and water and electricity and my pets.
Grateful for my kiddos.
I’m grateful for music. And that I can get out and power walk again with my favorite play lists on.
I think I’m more grateful for the alone time listening to music walking than I am for the actual exercise.
I’m grateful my back is much better. I still have to be very careful and ice it off and on but I guess that’s life.
I’m grateful I have my good health. And my mind. I think :thinking:
I’m grateful I can spend too much time on here at TS.
Choose to be grateful

12 Likes

An extra dose of gratitude today! I found out that my state has expanded vaccine eligibility to people under 65 with health conditions that put them at higher risk, and my high blood pressure diagnosis makes me eligible! I got on two waitlists today, and I will be checking two pharmacy’s websites everyday until I get an appointment. I also found out my husband will likely get a vaccine through his employer - they’re starting vaccinations 3/22. Light at the end of the tunnel…

11 Likes

I am grateful to have the chance to read all your posts on TS and to have your help with me during the day .
Good night my precious friends

10 Likes

I’m grateful to God thank you for loving me and know I love you.
I’m grateful to have plans to see my sister and her husband on Wednesday, I haven’t seen any family in person since early December and it will be very nice for me mentally.
I’m grateful that my housemates are supportive
I’m grateful for my recovery.
God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

p.s. never forget how awesome you are. ya you!!

11 Likes

Congratulations Sunflower on you 6 months not drinking. I see you snuck that in here this morning. I didn’t see you on the checkin or anywhere else so a low key congratulations for all your hard work. It’s great to have you on the gratitude thread.
I hope you sleep better tonight. :sleeping_bed: :sleeping: :sheep: :zzz:

4 Likes

Wooooo @Sunflower1 hooray!!! :smiley: Congrats on 6 months, sneaky!! We’re practically sober twins :wink: Thanks, Eric, for catching that!

4 Likes

Today I was grateful for the warm sunshine and the trickle of melting snow and ice.
I’m thankful for the clean water I have to drink and the food choices that I have.
I’m grateful for another day free from my insanity.
I’m thankful for the talk I had had with my spouse yesterday.
I’m grateful for my mistakes and the lessons they’ve taught.
I’m thankful for a spiritual way of living.

10 Likes