Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #2

I’m grateful tonight I didn’t have to suffer alone :yellow_heart:

10 Likes

Oof, today. I’m grateful it’s over.
I’m grateful I don’t drink on hard, sad days. I’m grateful I know situations and moods that come with them both pass.
I’m grateful I have my senses to notice the good things too, even on hard days. The sun shining and the sparkling snow. The taste of my coffee. The calming sound of silence. The laughs shared with a colleague in our text string off/on today.
I’m grateful I’ll have a bath now and tuck in.
I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

I’m grateful to see @Peace! Hello, friend.
I’m grateful too, @PinkyP, that I don’t nip to the shop after arguing with myself all day. Perfectly put.
I’m grateful for @Jenny1972’s 1 week!
I’m grateful for @Cjp’s service to her community and also… (drumroll)… 8 months! I’m grateful you let us celebrate you and your milestones! (I’m pretty sure that’s @Dazercat in the white hat, lol :laughing:)

Cake-baker GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

15 Likes

Good morning gratitude.
I’m grateful to read all the gratitude here, for good days and bad days, for health and illness that shall pass, for helping others and being loved unconditionally by pets, for all those enjoying snow and cold (I’m envious!!! I love it, sadly no winter here in sight). Congratulations on 8 months @Cjp and on 1 week @Jenny1972 :coffee::teapot::custard:

I’m grateful for good sleep, only mediocre nightmares, cats waking me up. I’m grateful I’m not hungover, otherwise I would not be excited to do chores and make the house really neat. A friend will come over for lunch and we are having steak. I love to share a good meal. I’m grateful I’m generous and in general a cheerful nature.

12 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful for electricity, food, three days off, water, heating.
I am grateful I can get out here everything what is heavy on my heart and don’t feel like I have to justify myself for it. It makes me sad that I don’t have this irl atm. Acceptance.

12 Likes

Gooooood morning sober fam!

Im so very greatful for…

This earworm:

My sobriety, 250 days free
My hubby who i woke up playing my song…oops
Boscoe and his shagginess
Woke up motivated and energized and definitely not hungover
Im excited to go to work and make progress on a very important budget
Its Friday!
Im humble and greatful
AA fellowship
Sober ladies
This forum…oh so much
Celebrating others sobriety milestones
Hope
Joy
Better mental health
Commitment to better diet
All of you

May your day be full of light and love

11 Likes

I am, again, so grateful for public transportation. Driving in this snowy icy weather is terribly stressful for me, and I am happy to leave it to the professionals while I sit here and read all these wonderful posts and reflect on how gracefully you all handle the good and the bad life sends your way. @erntedank we’ve got plenty of extra winter up here–I’m happy to send some your way as soon as I can figure out how.

I’m grateful it’s Friday, and I’m grateful it’s gloomy even though it’s a bit sleepy because sunshine this time of year means cold. :cold_face: I’m grateful I picked exactly the right date night last night–ordering in pizza and snuggling on the couch instead of venturing out into the world, and I’m grateful for Pizza Luce’s delicious vegetarian options. Im grateful for me and my willingness to experiment and try new things, and for setting my goal of vegetarian meals this month even though my bfs not super pumped. I’m grateful to be in a place mentally and emotionally where I can speak up about the goals I want to set and get after them when before I would unreasonably felt fear and risk to the stability of our relationship. I’m grateful my bf sticks with me even though navigating my neuroses must be exhausting – it is for me anyway! Lol

14 Likes

Im grateful to see you thank you for the acknowledgement :hugs: im still lurking around :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I’m grateful for my Serenity Prayer Pen. It was given to me by Sally. In honor of her son. He didn’t make it. :cry:

I’m grateful, like an addict, I bought a bunch of literature early on. And I actually do have a Paths To Recovery Workbook. I’m grateful I didn’t order another one. I’m grateful my new serenity pen and that workbook are going to get some time together this year.

I’m grateful I’ve already learned I got a fucked up idea of what love is. I’m grateful to learn love is a feeling. Not a fucking expectation. I’m grateful if I do something for or maybe “because,” (is a better word,) of love. That’s ok! And that’s where it stops. I’m grateful I know I’m not always like this. I’m grateful to learn I have definitely used this to try and control people. And I’m trying to accept that and move on. And that’s ok.

I’m grateful I’m unique and nice too :wink: I really love that GS
I’m grateful I’m not perfect :grimacing:
I’m grateful I don’t have to be perfect.
I’m grateful to admit again and again. I’m powerless over alcohol. Mine. Hers. Yours. Everyone’s. I’m grateful I know this and some times it is good to write it out once again.
I’m grateful I know alcoholism is a disease and I can accept that. And I’m grateful I know I can still take it personally. I’m getting better about not taking it personally. So since I’m not perfect. I guess I’ll have to go with progress.
I’m grateful for my progress.

I’m grateful for my unconditional love of others too.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness - it’s right in front of me if I’m paying
attention and practicing gratitude.

Brene Brown

14 Likes

I am grateful for my partner in life. Not a day goes by where she doesnt blow my mind. A true gift and blessing.

14 Likes

Grateful for this safe space and my sobriety.

13 Likes

Grateful for another day at home. I completely blitzed my kitchen, there is nothing in there that I didn’t clean.
Grateful for Alexa and the diverse music she gives me. I love finding new music. Had an hour or so of Motown then one of Canned Heat and Howlin Wolf. Grateful to be in on my own with the music turned up.
I’m grateful to be in bed now, sober and happy :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Grateful for sobriety and the structure that going to work provides.

Grateful that I am realizing that I likely need to make some changes in my life relationship-wise and thats sad but I know that I will survive.

Grateful for everyday left with my Mom becasue each day is a gift.

Grateful for my family and for TS. :heart:

12 Likes

Ah, grateful for the weekend!
I’m grateful today was a better day. But even if it wasn’t, these are good words to live by @Cjp! “I’m grateful for sunshine, I’m grateful for rain, I’m grateful for joy, I’m grateful for pain.” Heartwarming.
I’m grateful for the haircut today (I cleaned up!) and the chat with my hair person. She’s a gem. And a total normie. She and her husband simply forget alcohol exists, for, like, weeks/months - until they’re at a dinner or event or something. Could take it or leave it. Mostly leave it. I cannot relate.
I’m grateful I know, especially weeks like this (first week back, short but longgg) that if wine is an option, I will always say yes.
I’m also grateful, during weeks like this, that I don’t actually want it. Too many new tools to use. To practice. Like yoga, though, the practice is the journey. Is life.
If that didn’t make sense, it’s probably because it’s past my time to go to bed! I’m grateful I get to go there now. Tired and sober and content.
I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

14 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful I have enough.
I am grateful I have all my limbs working.
I am grateful for my current state of health.
I am grateful at times I can feel gratitude like a warm feeling in my chest.

14 Likes

I’m grateful @Frazzetta will share her winter with me :blush: Yesterday we had 15 °C. above zero. crazy. 30 years ago it would the same below zero. I’m grateful I remember real winters. I’m a winter person :blue_heart:

I’m grateful for the yummi lunch and the long talk and laughter in the garden yesterday. It’s nice to have friends to share a good meal and have a good talk. I’m grateful for friends.

I’m grateful for this long weekend. I’m grateful I have everything at home and can simply enjoy it. I love the christmas decoration, I think I will keep it a little longer.

I’m grateful I can still afford my life. Inflation is ridiculously high and the costs of housing have become immensely high.

I’m grateful for my lovely cats and the snuggles and fun we have :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Grateful for sobriety.
Grateful for financial security ( as much as anyone can have these days).
Grateful for time with kids.
Grateful husband did some chores.
Grateful to get some work done
Grateful to have work.
Grateful for enjoying ONE white chocolate cronut.
Grateful for a hot bath.

12 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m grateful to have slept good, if a little broken. I’m grateful for the times I have with each kid where they talk to me about life stuff, and questions, and we just connect for a little bit. I’m grateful I am fully present at those times, not drunk or impatiently trying to hurry the conversation so I can refill my glass. I’m grateful my kids still want to talk with me, and trust me with their life stuff. I’m grateful I’ll go for a run this morning with my son, and later we will put together my daughters new room furniture. I’m grateful for my family.
Everyone have a wonderful day :heart:

11 Likes

I’m grateful I’m always on time.
I’m grateful I got Alice purring on my lap on my blanket. Even though she is in the way :smirk_cat:
I’m grateful I’m courteous and always hold the door for people.
I’m grateful I’m not afraid to say I’m sorry.
I’m grateful I say thank you. Often.
I’m grateful we got the house clean. It took 3 days. But it was done right. And I’m not complaining how it was done. And I’m grateful I/we didn’t break anything. Fucking house cleaners. :grimacing: Let it go :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:
I’m grateful I’m not finding it difficult to eat healthier lower cholesterol, less meat, no more butter :cry: for now. I’m grateful I’m loosing more weight. I’m still at a healthy BMI. I see my doctors enough. So we can keep an eye on me. I’m grateful I feel good about it.

I’m grateful I started a new book.
I’m grateful for kindle and that book can always be in my pocket.

I’m grateful for the new exciting chapter in my life coming up in Gods timing. The Gus Bus is only a week away. 8 days. Could come early could be running late. And I’m fucking terrified, happy, joyous, worried, so excited, anticipating relief, hopeful, totally fucking amazed! I’M SOBER!! Yes I am!! I still cannot believe my daughter is pregnant. I still cannot believe I’m sober! This time around is very different since it is my little girl. And not my DIL. I’m grateful deep down I know she can do this.
I’m grateful for y’all.
:pray:t2::snowflake::cactus::snowman::desert::heart:

Recovery is a process.
It takes time.
It takes patience.
It takes everything you got.

:person_shrugging:

12 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety, 251 days free
My hubbys sobriety
Its saturday and i can be lazy
Im still sticking with my lifestyle changes, healthy eating and keeping a food diary
A productive week at work
A good cry at the old fashioned speakers mtg last night
Placing principles before personalities
AA fellowship
Cozy blankets
A functioning fireplace
Boscoes getting a new do today
Planning a walk with my sober sister tmrw
Woke up without a hangover
Sobriety and the promises
Everyone here

Love light and peace on our journies today

9 Likes

Grateful for my sister in law. She can be a giant pain in the ass…but she has the heart the size of Texas. She is loved

10 Likes