Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4

I’m grateful to see some beautiful supportive Jersey eloquence join this thread.

I’m grateful I am trying to get caught up myself tonight. What a beautiful surprise to see you here.
:pray:t2: :duck: :heart:

10 Likes

My kids return to school this week after the summer break. I’m thankful that I’m around to see it.
Thankful that I can play my part in getting them prepared.
Thankful that they rely on me and that I can be relied upon.
Great full that in 10 years time I will look back at a their school days and say I contributed to a positive and happy childhood. Without my kids and my beautiful wife I would be in a much more difficult place. I take my responsibility seriously and I’m thankful I’m that kind of husband and father.

12 Likes

I’m grateful I was up early and well rested this morning to catch up here. Wow, so much going on and many good things too! :pray: @KarenKW glutenfree fried clams, that’s great! @I.cant.We.can Love your post @Bootz patience … I’m still struggling with it sometimes, love your reminder to wait, pray and be patient
@Lisa07 Good to read from you!

and of course all of you: I’m grateful your gratitude makes me even more grateful and reminds me how blessed I am :hugs::pray:

I’m happy that the days are shorter now, I enjoyed dawn today with a cool breeze, it cooled down raining over night.
I’m grateful I celebrated 10.000 hours of freedom this morning, the time and date I moved back to my own house last year. I’m grateful I celebrated with a grateful prayer and deep breathing. I’ve come a long way since. I’m ready to take the next steps. Again babysteps, one by one, ODAAT from minute to minute. Let it begin with me. Thanks @Dazercat to bring up this saying often. It started echoing in me. I hope you are comfy settling in the desert after the move :people_hugging:
I feel energy coming back, motivation is also lurking around the corner with the cooler weather. I still feel the power of the meditation I did in the wind on saturday. It released a part of me hidden deep inside, lost for ages. I am me again. Being me now feels like I’m more complete, not so shattered anymore, light and peaceful.

Still thinking of being run over by a big wagging dog, it makes me happy and smile. Maybe some day there will be a dog in my life again. or two. two is always better.

10 Likes

I am 10 days sober today since I relapsed. I am very grateful for every one of those days.

13 Likes

This makes me so happy :heart: I don’t either :blush:

8 Likes

Good morning grateful friends,

I’m grateful for another day sober.
I’m grateful I leave on vacation in less than 24 hours.
I’m grateful for my friend staying at my place while I’m away to look after my cats.
I’m grateful I’ve been getting a bit more sleep despite more crazy dreams.
I’m grateful for podcasts and audiobooks that I downloaded for the trip. It’s a long day of travel.
I’m grateful I’m an experienced traveler and am well prepared and can deal with most problems that might arise. I don’t like the long day of travel but I’ll cope.
I’m grateful I won’t be hungover for tomorrow’s early flight.

I deserve peace and happiness.
I am enough.
OFDAAT

12 Likes

Good morning.

This morning I am grateful for pretty restful 6 hours sleep. Usually, I have to be well into day 12ish for that to happen.

I am grateful that I am already getting clarity in this ol’ brain of mine, feeling more capable, more like myself.

I am grateful for all the meetings, ALL the meetings I sat in on yesterday. I didn’t do a thing I was supposed to (other than be on meetings).

I am grateful to know that though I have not been handling my current situation well, I am alive. I am here. I am breathing.

I am grateful, in the future tense, for all the people that are going to step up to help when I get vulnerable today and ask for help. I am already teary and tense thinking about it. That said, I know it’s a bridge I need to cross. The inability to be vulnerable in that area has kept me in the bottom of a beer bottle and that ship has sailed. No, strike that. I sink that ship.

I am grateful that I keep finding my way back to communities that help and hold me up. I am also grateful that for the most part, I don’t allow those, “You didn’t do it my way, so you failed” people to get to me anymore. I am grateful for The Luckiest Club’s Nine Things.

1. It is not your fault.
  2. It IS your responsibility.
  3. It is unfair that this is your thing.
  4. This IS your thing.
  5. This will never stop being your thing until you face it.
  6. You can’t do it alone.
  7. Only YOU can do it.
  8. You are loved.
  9. We will never stop reminding you of these things.

I am grateful that I choose to have a grateful, productive and full sober day.

11 Likes

Good morning sober family,

Im so very greatful for

My sobriety,
1y 3m 27d
27d
Woke up b4 my alarm
Got a good workout in
My gym clothes, nails, and shoes matched…made me feel like i have my shit together lol
Hubby soothed my reatless mind yesterday
My work week isnt filled with lots of meetings
Boscoe and his love
Its my birthday week
Were getting the house professionally cleaned today! Yes adult me asked for it for my bday
Basic needs met
Greatful attitude
Apps
Internet
This fantastic community!

Much love my people

13 Likes

Now there’s an idea for me to put on my Christmas list. I certainly don’t need more things but this would make me feel good for sure!
I’m grateful for a sober start this morning.
I’m grateful I’m out with my daughter and her 2 friends for them to shop in Manchester.
Grateful they are having a sleepover at ours tonight.
Grateful I’m sober so that I can facilitate these things and let her have a good time.
Grateful for all of you.
AFAF ODAAT

8 Likes

Today I am grateful that most of my cleaning is done just need to do the pantry and refrigerator next weekend and it will be done. Haven’t started redecorating yet but that will be the next step. I am grateful I made it through another weekend sober and I am grateful for the pumpkin spice flavor coming back for the season lol. I had my first pumpkin spice coffee of the season yesterday.

10 Likes

@dazercat LOL yeah totally understand that pumpkin spice isn’t for everyone.
@Erntedank grateful for your 10000 hours of freedom. Loved your post and the love / positivity spewing through. Meditation in the wind sounds uplifting and freeing.
@dan.h84 grateful for your double digits! Keep up the great work!
@earnit Thank you for sharing “The Luckiest Club’s Nine Things” Was something I needed to read this morning.

Monday morning gratitude’s with my grateful beautiful friends
I am so grateful for another day breathing clean fresh air.
I am so grateful for the comforts of living (cozy bed, roof over my head, access to healthy foods, clean drinking water, hot and cold showers)
I am so grateful for family and friends (irl and on the internet from all over the world).
I am so grateful for hot rich delicious coffee!
I am so grateful for the pleasures of deep cleaning and minimizing. Grateful that I do have enough.
I am so grateful for my connections with my HP. Grateful that i am able to meditate and pray. Grateful that i know this practice keeps me in a positive attitude.
I am so grateful for essential oils and oil diffusers to help soothe all my senses
I am so grateful for this beautiful community! Thank you for providing me with the strength to face each day.
Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day - sending you much love :heart: :heart:

12 Likes

Good morning, I feel like its been a minute. :sparkles:

Many days I have come to this thread and started to write out my gratitude only to be ripped away by my very busy, very beautiful, very full life. I just end up deleting what I had typed whenever I happen back on it, so I dont really know when the last time I posted was. Lol, I am grateful for my crazy full life.

I am grateful for the seasons and how a simple chill in the morning air whispers to me, “start to slow down”. I am not sure I have ever made so much out of a summer in my life, it’s been incredible. I am grateful my body has held up pretty well with only minor exhaustion flares and a couple of pain flares.

I am grateful for all the family that took time out of their lives to travel here and stay. What a gift it has been to experience my family through clean eyes, I dont want them to leave, its making me sad. I am grateful for the noticable tug-o-war I am having between my inner child and my loving adult. One who knows about loving with dettachment and one who just cant grasp that concept and whats to hang on. I am grateful that I can show up for that sad little girl and remind her about interconnectedness, the souls journey, etc. I am grateful it calms her down and she listens.

My child will be starting Gr 12 next week, she was supposed to have used this summer to have gotten herself on a comfortable dosage of medication for her ADHD, she hasnt. I am grateful that she is turning 18 and although she has asked me to be her voice and do her medical “stuff”, I have a choice. She is very willful around medication and deflects her negativity to me whenever i approach her to take her meds. I am grateful I set a boundary with her and said I wouldnt do it anymore, nor would I come to her Drs appointments regarding her medication. I am grateful that I have choices today and that I know how to make a boundary, even with my teenaged daughter.

I am grateful for the beautiful sun that has kept me energized now for months and for the brilliant stars that put on a show each night. It was incredible to be a witness to my cousins family experiencing our starry sky for the first time. Seeing the vastness of the milky way and the trillions of stars so clearly that make it up takes my breath away everytime I see it. I am grateful that I remember the first time I noticed it too.

I am grateful for the universe. :dizzy:

11 Likes

I’m grateful to be back.
I wasn’t gone long or maybe not at all but I sure had a lot of catching up to do.

Thanks again everyone for your support last week during some trying times. I’m grateful I have you all here. It means a lot me.

I was so grateful yesterday, I was up so early to walk Benson. I even had new Bombass socks and new sneakers which made me grateful for happy feet first thing in the morning. I had a long list of gratitude I couldn’t wait to post with you guys and I never did it. :disappointed: Not in writing anyway. I’m grateful I enjoyed puttering around our messy cluttered box filled house instead. I’m grateful it just felt right.

I was so grateful for a beautiful day and a half.
Early morning sunrise walks with The Burner.
All the bunnies that were afraid of us.
The covey of M quails running around like chickens with their heads cut off.
I’m grateful Benson wasn’t afraid of the covey this morning. He stopped and wouldn’t budge. I thought how can he be afraid of these silly little birds? I’m grateful I eventually saw he was looking at a squadron of javelinas that blended in perfectly to the desert background. I’m grateful we decided to turn around and go the other way.
I’m grateful I couldn’t think of anyone to be my grumpy, snorting, fat javelinas. :thinking: Billy :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
You up for the title? @Soberbilly

I’m grateful to have you all on walks with me in the morning.

I’m grateful for civil conversations with my wife about difficult things. I’m grateful to get back to boundaries. Especially if I’m uncomfortable with her drinking at lunch when we go out to lunch. I don’t have to go. I’m grateful I’m not stopping her from drinking or trying to control her drinking. I’m just not going out to lunch with her if she’s going to drink.

I’m grateful we already got a contract on the Flagstaff house :scream: I’m grateful the market here/there wherever the fuck I am :grimacing: is a sellers market and in my favor. That almost never happens for us. I’m grateful we’ve sold a lot of houses and taken a lot of hits over the years. I’m grateful not this time.

I’m grateful I got a lot of good shit and blessings in my life. I got way more than enough. I don’t know why. Lots of times I think I don’t deserve it. But who’s to say. But I swear :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: ya I do. I’d trade it all in for my wife not to have this disease :face_holding_back_tears: :cry:. I’m grateful we had a pretty good 36 hours.

Anyway…… I’m grateful to get a glimpse of @JazzyS up above. The glimpse I saw was Pumpkin Spice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :jack_o_lantern: it’s not that I don’t like it. I just OD’d on it back around 2013 and I don’t do sugar anymore and it’s just not good for me. Grateful I know that. Grateful I can enjoy it through you. But pumpkin spice Oreos are Right Out!! Nope. No way!

Hi Twinnie I see you too.

And M and the Covey just showed up for an NA drink poolside.

Leaving so soon?

I’m grateful to be silly this morning.
I’m grateful it’s better than being depressed.

I’m grateful I ran out of my turmeric green tea as I get to enjoy an Açaí green tea over ice this morning instead. I’m grateful it’s pretty fucking good too.

I’m grateful for my meeting last night. I didn’t enjoy it. I didn’t actually really feel better after it either. But I’m grateful I went.

I’m grateful through all this I’m sober.
I’m grateful I’ll probably be sober tomorrow too.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

“There are no words that can express my thanks for you. If words could be hugs I would send you pages.”
Unknown

14 Likes

Be safe out there.
Better yet. Get the hell out of Florida :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And belated congratulations on the 16 fine moths of your life and us being blessed to have you here.

:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

Today I’m grateful for:

1. 7 days sober.
  2. It’s been very easy. I chalk it up to multiple TLC meetings per day, texting/talking with sober friends, getting off my bloody cell phone and reading instead. I think possibly my subconscious is finally attuned to my conscious mind and the cognitive dissonance has left the building.
  3. Staying confident but vigilant.
  4. This community.
  5. My goofy dogs.
  6. My handsome horse.
  7. The very real possibility of moving into the New Mexico house prior to closing, per the builder all he needs is the certificate of occupancy and we can move in.
  8. My 60 year old body that can still run, do yoga & sit in meditation.
  9. Trees.
  10. Birds.
  11. Flowers.
11 Likes

Evening gratitude. Spend a day on the couch and I’m fine with it. I’m grateful I can spend a day on the couch and feel the feelings. Pretty exhausting since afternoon, lots of loneliness, missing the nice, loving times with my ex, being stuck in the heartbreak hamsterwheel for some time. I’m grateful this too shall pass, especially as the old boy demands dinner and I’m off to bed afterwards. I’m grateful for the shower I’ll take before. We are expecting heavy rain maybe thunderstorm at night, so maybe I’m a bit nervous therefore, got a mild headache in the evening. Good night sober friends :pray:

10 Likes

I’m grateful that I’m learning to be more grateful, seems I’m always looking at the hole instead of the donut, as my husband likes to say.
Speaking of husband I’m grateful for his support and his undying wish for me to be happy, even though after 40 plus years of marriage, we easily irritate the hell out of each other sometimes.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I’m grateful that I had another sober day yesterday, and looking forward to being free today too.
I’m grateful for my two kitties who love me no matter what and I love them to pieces.
I’m grateful for all the veggies we’re getting from our garden.
As always, grateful for the TS community and the wisdom and support I find up here every day.

11 Likes

Thank you so much Billy! I get so much from your posts and quotes, some are set as bookmark with reminder. It’s the ups and downs that are exhausting, after a loving laughing time follows the opposite with missing, crying, sadness. I’m grateful the intensity declined a lot and I am able to cope with it most of the time. Nevertheless I would appreciate the heartbreak feelings to fade out, to be honest I’m tired of crying about someone and something that’s simply gone. There should be a snooze button for feelings to have a break and rest/recover :thinking:

10 Likes

What are theeese, I will have to look them up. :heart:

8 Likes

I’m grateful for the day I had. I have 4 days of work and then 4 days off. I feel the energy of fall and September - this always feels like the real “new year” to me!

I’m grateful I can use the time this week to work, sure, but also to plan and get ahead on some things around home and at my desk. I’m grateful I strutted around my desk today like the Gamble Quail M that I am!

I went to a celebration of life tonight for my dear old pal that passed away last month. It was out of town but they had a zoom link. The stories! I don’t think I’ve laughed like that in a long while. Man, am I grateful for his friendship. Someone told a story tonight of how he encouraged her to be the curator of her life. I looked it up and found this :point_down:

“Be a curator of your life. Slowly cut things out until you’re left only with what you love, with what’s necessary, with what makes you happy,” LEO BABAUTA

Well, didn’t my old pal just live that! He’d been sober the last four decades or so of his life. He gave generously - his time, his skills, his humour, even his wealth to those who needed it. His love. And given the crowd tonight, he has left quite the legacy.

It ain’t too late for any of us, Gratidudes. Let’s keep building our sober badass lives, OFDAAT. :sweat_smile:

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

12 Likes