Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Greatful im 60 days vape free!!!

16 Likes

So grateful you’re 60 days vape free! You planned it, considered what you were going to do and did it! Happy, happy for you. You are amazing how you set your goals and accomplish them! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

9 Likes

Thanks @Alisa for being a cheerleader! Its been difficult but im super proud! Saved lots of money too…now if i can only find it lol

8 Likes

Grateful for sobriety
Grateful for husband helping with neighbourhood stuff
Grateful for a good morning at a high school festival with the kids
Grateful for health of all
Grateful for croquettes for dinner
Grateful to eat mindfully
Grateful for kids growing up
Grateful for financial stability

14 Likes

Good morning to all you amazing and wonderful and sober humans, doing this life one beautiful day after another.

I’m grateful to be here and get to start my Saturday with my reflections on my gratitude.

I’m grateful to have made that decision and do the work of getting sober. And the work of staying sober. My life is better because I kicked alcohol out of my body and even my home.

I’m grateful to be in good health. I am on a good routine of swimming and working and eating and sleeping well. I feel great!

I’m grateful to continue to rise to the challenges I face in moderation of other behaviors in my life. Moderation of my exercise means I can do it more frequently. And do it without pain or injury. Moderation of my work activities means I don’t turn into that controlling and judgemental person I don’t want to be. These are challenges for me and im grateful to have the mind space to work on them. Yup, shockingly, moderating is not too natural for me. Yikes! Good thing I found sobriety!

I am grateful for meaningful and mostly enjoyable work. My students are doing well.

Im grateful for my home and the love and security we enjoy there.

Im grateful for this marriage and the efforts we put into keeping it healthy.

I am grateful that my brother is making progress.

I am grateful that next weekend is the wedding of my niece and that my sons will be around as well as my brother and his daughters. More to celebrate!

Im grateful that I know how to manage myself around the quantity of drinking that happens at a Wisconsin wedding and that I will be fine with being sober.

Im grateful this wedding is in the town I live in, so things will be easy to manage.

Im grateful for the support of my friends and family and for all of you. I hope you have a peaceful and enjoyable Saturday!

14 Likes

60 days vape free! This is amazing work CJ.

So much to celebrate today! Love this for you – :hugs: :heart:

R

8 Likes

Happy Saturday my sober friends.

I am so grateful for a great night sleep - woke up an hour ago feeling drugged. It was a strange feeling (glad it’s over). My throat is feeling better and i am hoping by tomorrow my chest pains will also be gone. I am grateful to be awake and moving around
I am so grateful – i mean so damn grateful to be enjoying my full cup of hot coffee this morning. I do hope that Eric is able to find a good place for coffee this morning to start off his day. I can’t believe we forgot to celebrate National Coffee Day yesterday :scream:
I am so grateful that my brother spent time with me watching horror (not scary in the least) movies last night.
I am so grateful that i worked on my blanket (i don’t knit as much these days as my hands hurt especially with the blanket cause its such thick yarn). I may actually finish it by the end of the year. :crossed_fingers:
I am so grateful that i am accepting that my body needs one more day to rest and heal.
I am so grateful for my mother. She took great care of me yesterday. So thankful for her :pray: Bless her heart cause she wanted to talk and for her she knows how i’m doing by the tone in my voice but i really did not have it in me to talk yesterday.
I am so grateful that I will be able to eat solid foods today.
I am so grateful that i sense a nap in my near future.
I am so grateful that after 3 days, my migraine is now a light headache. I just needed coffee :laughing:
I am so grateful that i realized my brother turned down the brightness on my phone and i’m not going blinder than i am now.
I am so grateful that tomorrow marks the beginning of my favorite month!
I am so grateful for a cozy bed to sleep in and having an abundance of entertainment at my fingertips to keep me amused when i can’t sleep.
I am grateful that I am not waking up drunk or hungover. Grateful that i didn’t have to battle with the thought of not drinking before the procedures.
I am so grateful that the entire crew that worked on me was absolutely amazing.
I am grateful to be here and have such great friends. Appreciate being checked in on throughout the day and thank you for making me laugh (truly meant a lot) :hugs: :kissing_heart:
I edit my statement from earlier - i can’t eat solids just yet (throat just pretended to be good and feels like the food is getting stuck in my chest) so back to soup for today. Luckily - my mom brought over a ton a soup so i’m golden.
OOH - the sun is coming out in full force! Love this fall weather feeling - grateful to be alive to enjoy such a beautiful day.
Have a wonderful addiction free day my beautiful sober souls. Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

11 Likes

Good morning friends,
I’m grateful for some pretty basic things this morning. I’m grateful I can come out to a clean kitchen in the morning, because I can take time to tidy it the night before, and I don’t eat weird things in a drunken stupor and leave the dishes and wrappers etc. on the counter. I’m grateful I get my nails done now because I won’t chew them while battling hangxiety. I’m grateful life is easier without the noise alcohol brought. I’m grateful for all of you❤️

14 Likes

Good morning to all. I’m grateful to be here.
Grateful to be alive and mobile and one pound lighter🤭recovering my physical fitness is possible and will take patience and vigilance, grateful I have so many options to do this.
Grateful for cool autumn days, and bike rides on rails to trails all around my area.
Grateful for my walking buddy, who gets me out there once a week.
Grateful for apple cider and apple season!
Grateful for the hummingbirds who lived with us for the summer, sad to see them go but hopeful for their continued survival. Same for the orioles.

15 Likes

Today after a bad night’s sleep I’m super grateful for my coffee machine.
I’m so grateful I wrote it a poem.

Ahem…‘Ode to My Coffee Machine’

Oh coffee machine, my faithful friend,
Thou art the start of my day without an end.
I’ll never leave you, never let you go,
For you’re the reason I wake up each morning to glow.

Thou art my sunshine, thou art my moon,
With your wake-up call I am never doomed.
Thou art the anchor of my early start,
And the fuel that keeps me ticking until the dark.

So here’s to you, my beloved machine,
May we always brew and laugh and dream.

I love you buddy :heart::heart::heart:
P.s. I think the lack of sleep might be sending me slightly delirious :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::joy:

18 Likes

Love the ‘Ode to My Coffee Machine’
:heart: :coffee:

The gang on top is pretty cool too :sunglasses:
Hats-off-gif

9 Likes

Good morning.

I am grateful for my powerlessness over other people because that means their own life’s mess is not my fucking fault.

I am grateful for all the times I started to use again after a substantial amount of abstinence and how sick I would feel. Sick in all ways; physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. I am grateful that my addiction would take me down immediately; hard, fast and worse than ever before because as we all know it had been doing push ups in the parking lot while i white knuckled some dry days. I am grateful for the sheer fear I would feel inside when after thinking “see I can stop when I want”, I would realize I had absolutely no control. I am grateful for the false pride I walked around with all my life, I was afraid to be wrong, I was afraid to show my belly, I was afraid to know myself. All of this has taught me absolute humility today where I can reach a leave of deep vulnerability. I am grateful that when I was done with the facade I was fucking done, and that I tried alllllllll the tricks first many, many times until my life so, so painful. I am grateful my exhusband stopped enabling me so the pain could really start.

I am grateful I can still feel that pain when I need a reminder.
I am grateful for my scars.
I am grateful I live in the present.

:heart:

15 Likes

Its still morning where im at! Soooo…not late to my gratitude practice. Still showing up.

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for

@Dilettante delirious ode to the coffee machine
My continued sobriety
60 days no vape
9mo healthier lifestyle
Tmrw will be 17 months of no booze
Sunshine
Hubby did dishes while i prepped dinner and lunch
Got a decent workout in
Variety
My planning self so i have 30min to chill before lunch, errands, and a diaper party
Im greatful im content with my decision not to have children
I realize my limits
My determination
Feeling and seeing progress towards goals
Looking forward to a manicure i can now afford because im not vaping 24/7

This community rocks. You’re part of this community. Therefore you rock

15 Likes

Awe this would have me in knots. I’m sorry for the memories it brought up. :hugs:

I do hope you enjoyed your breakfast. :yum:

Oh this would be grand! I would love to share a meal with you my friend…maybe someday.
I moved off of the vegan thread and joined the foodie thread …we can share a virtual meal in the mean time :wink::kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Congratulations 60 days no vaping.

8 Likes

I’m grateful to call it a night. A good sober night.
Grateful to get caught up on here.
Grateful for the Ode to Coffee machine. Kiki.
Love the Jersey Cow on top. Nice touch.
Grateful to read CJ’s 60 days no vape.
Grateful to read the concerns and thoughts about my wife and me from friends on this thread and other threads.
Grateful for the fun sober September I had with my wife.
Grateful I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. I know she’ll drink. But hopefully not get herself fucked up.
I’m grateful I was grateful for hummingbirds too this morning.
Grateful for the turmeric raisin toast with my egg white omelette.
Grateful I found a nice authentic New York deli here where I’ll be living sometime.
Grateful for the gorgeous house we looked at but it’s not the one, thank God.
Grateful this hotel has a Stumptown coffee bar that opens at 6. No worries Jazz :coffee:
Grateful I got to see Gus and my daughter and SIL.
Grateful for a sober morning coming up. They got that beautiful bar downstairs that I so easily walked by. You can’t go anywhere in this hotel as it’s strategically placed on the way to the elevator.
Grateful for you all.
:pray:t2::heart:

Gratitude is nourishing and comforting.

15 Likes

I’m grateful for the beautiful bedtime story this thread has been - tonight, and all last busy week. Can’t tell you how much I could have commented on! Grateful for this thread. That I carry you with me all week in my phone and in my heart - i know, sounds corny (cheesy?) - but it’s true!

I’m grateful I’m not hungover today. Had a bigggg deadline this week. Grateful the completion of something is the reward. Grateful that I can put myself into my work AND use my new tools to make sure I’m not using work to numb out. Or validate my existence, sigh.

I’m grateful to learn acceptance. Really, my choices are to accept or not, right? Neither change the outcome. Some things are harder to accept. I’m grateful it’s okay to admit that, to speak it.

I’m grateful I have more to be grateful for, but oh - bed calls! Grateful I will show some extra appreciation to my coffee-making implements tomorrow morning. (I can just hear them now - ahem, can I get an ode over here? :joy:).

Quite where I started this… I’m grateful for our smiles and shared laughs, for our mutual concern for each others’ physical and emotional goings on and wellbeing. For celebrating our successes! That when the world feels a little heavy, I know there’s a place and thread to take rest, to see things differently. Thank you for your eyes and your words. :relieved:

G’night sweet friends. I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

16 Likes

Congratulations on your 2 years Twizz
@Twizzlers

IMG_9727

I hope the moving isn’t too stressful and you reward yourself with some time to realize you are an awesome person and I wish we saw more of you. But you just keep doing what you’re doing. I hope you get all settled in soon. Much love to you and all your fur babies.
:pray:t2::boom::boom::heart:

12 Likes

I don’t think I ever thought of it, whatever it is, like this. :thinking:

Grateful for you and your thought provoking words. And beautiful humor.
Nitey Nite
:zzz::zzz::zzz:

10 Likes

I’m so grateful for you. Sending you lotsa inner peace. Soothing beanies for when there’s too many thoughts in your head. If there are no understanding gamble quails where you are, wishing you crows or some other bird to yell at briefly (I do - they can take it in the heat of a moment far better than a human.) Busting-a-gut laughter with Gus.
And hope.
And sweet dreams. :orange_heart:

12 Likes