9 Likes

Grateful to have this spot to keep me aware of goodness I forget,
no guilt for going back to bed after a very restless sleep,
loving our new primary doctor’s compassion and no hurriedness,
keeping with healthier food choices and getting my gut happier
and another day in the sober bank!
@Chiron starry love notes!!! :eight_spoked_asterisk:

12 Likes

This is so precious! What a lovely gift. all the love and care that went into it is adorable. A very thoughtful gift!
Grateful that you are getting some good sleep.

10 Likes

My moods stayed relatively stable today, and I am very grateful for that. Life is so much easier without these constant extremes.
I’m grateful I had some time this morning to work on my code. I still don’t know why the AI behaves so strangely but hey, I made it, I’ll fix it.
The kids at school were so much fun today. They really created some amazing stuff and it was a good time. I’m very grateful for this time spend together.

I’m grateful I was emotionally stable enought and had enough energy to take care of my mother today. She is having some minor health troubles but is not very good at taking care of herself.

I’m grateful for yoga, for my family, and for all the good folks here on TS.
Peace guys!

12 Likes

Hi
Today I’m grateful that I can recognise my intolerance of others and their choices or behaviours, I’m grateful to want to work on this. I didn’t realise I was so intolerant.
I’m grateful to be able to admit that I’m finding life in my house quite hard lately. My partner’s 23yo daug came to live with us 9 weeks ago (already a full house of adults) and we are all still jiggling around to settle into our new groove. Tbh, and I know I can be here, she can be quite rude and that’s the bit I’m finding hardest to deal with. That and her very new gf who stays over often. I’m finding myself biting my tongue but then I find that my feelings just have to be released. I’m afraid that I look like a controlling wicked step mother. Then I think, wait a minute, if she were my daug I would say something.
Crickey, I’m grateful to let it out here. My partner, her dad, is a complete ostrich and it’s so hard to have a proper conversation with him.
I’m grateful to be sober to deal with the ups and downs of daily life. If I were still drinking I would’ve said many unhelpful things.
:sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

@M-be-free49 Congratulations on 18 months :+1::sunflower::woman_fairy::notes:
@Pattycake Congratulation on 6 months :notes::woman_fairy::four_leaf_clover::dizzy:

@Chiron Oh I love the origami messages your husband made :orange_heart: There ARE loving and caring men out there, I’m a bit envious that mine was from the opposite section of manlyhood. I would have melted :innocent:
I’m grateful to read about all kinds of relationship qualities and being single qualities on this forum. I’m grateful I’m content with my life.

Happy winter greetings to all who have snow! None here, only cold. So I’m gratefully enjoying the cold :blush:

I’m grateful for today’s therapy. I’m chewing on what to do with this year, have been for a week or so. I’m grateful I can do whatever I want. I feel a bit lost, like a picture whose frame is missing but it wants to hang on the wall. I had a really strange dream last night and my therapist and I went through it, now I feel a lot better. And I long for two Scottish Terriers. Therapy sometimes brings weird memories to the surface. I’m grateful this is a lovely one.

I’m grateful the doctor yesterday said my veins are not the best anymore but still will do some years.

I’m grateful I lauged about myself today. I completely fucked up the pancake dough :rofl: Yes, it is possible to do so. The carbonated water I used to fluff it obviously was too cold. So no Fridattensuppe for me today. Next try tomorrow, I have to get milk.

I’m grateful that I spent hours today with the cats. Missi & Tiglat needed pets, head scratches and cuddling in abundance, Schimanski needed love & entertainment. I love them to the moon and back.

I’m grateful I always can go back to basics when I don’t know what to do. Write it down, structure it, prioritize it, make a plan of action. I’m grateful deciding to wait and see is a valid option. I’m grateful nobody cares wether I work on things or not. It’s my responsibility and the nagging voices in my head are just echoes from the past from people urging me to do this or that or being angry that I don’t do this or that.
I’m grateful I can take my time to find out what I really want to do (at least this year) and why I procrastinate and avoid certain things that definitely have to be done. Asking what makes me so uncomfortable to literally avoid doing things and then work it out is a non-negotiable issue this year. I’m grateful I know how to do it and that I will feel better afterwards.

I’m grateful for ODAAT and babysteps :pray:

14 Likes

I’m grateful to God for guiding me and helping me abstain from my addictions. I’m grateful for my family, friends, TS and the gratidudes. Thank you all for the kind words. @Pattycake six months is awesome. @M-be-free49 a year and a half, well done. We do have the same day, the 7th. I pray that we can keep that date for sure. I’m grateful for more good days than bad lately. I’m grateful I got a hair cut and for all the self care stuff that I neglected for so long and get to enjoy today. I’m grateful I went to a group today after work and a nap, the groups happening once a week on codependency and complex trauma, it’s been good and hard and informative. I’m grateful for prayer and meditation. I’m grateful I am warm in bed with Peace cuddled up by my feet.

God bless us all. :v: & :heart:

p.s. You rock. Ya you!!

11 Likes

@acromouse Grateful that you had the energy to take care of your mom. How lovely – I’m sure she is grateful. I’m sorry about her health. Coding and decoding sounds stressful yet fun – I do hope you are able to find that bug.
@pinkyp sorry friend – it sucks being uncomfortable (having to bite your tongue) in your own home. Grateful you were able to vent here – I do hope that helped. :people_hugging:
@erntedank Love that we can go back to the basics. They are the foundation of our recovery. I do hope you get to have the perfect pancakes tomorrow :yum:
@i.cant.we.can Grateful Brain practiced some self care today. So very important! Enjoy your relaxing time with Peace :hugs:

Practicing my gratefulness with my sober peeps…
I am so grateful for my family. Grateful that my mom is getting the treatment and was told that the treatment is going well. Grateful that my mom will have her consultation tomorrow. Grateful my sister will go with her to make sure to ask all the questions and of course for support.
I am so grateful that i was able to find more items that i am allowed at the time. Grateful that tastes have changed and what i found to be not edible is now something i look forward to :laughing:
I am so grateful that the snow was all rain for today. Hopefully the winter storm expected on Friday won’t be so bad.
I am so grateful for my mom time. Really look forward to it. Kinda bummed that we will miss it tomorrow. Its ok, we will have an evening get together to make up for the missed morning LOL
I am so grateful for my HP. Grateful for the strength to keep living this addiction free lifestyle. Grateful for the inner peace i am gaining in my recovery.
I am so grateful for feeling tired. I have been having some trouble sleeping and it would be lovely to fall asleep soon and stay asleep for the night – keeping my fingers crossed.
I am grateful for laughter. Grateful for standup comedy, jokes and comedy shows / movies.
I am so grateful that i was reminded that spring is 3 months – aah, that feels so close.
I am so grateful that i was able to enjoy some Tulsi Licorice Spice tea - i am not a fan of licorice but this tea is unbelievable!
I am so grateful for this community. Grateful for support, love and great advice found here.

Thank you all for being here! Wishing you all a wonderful addiction free day / evening - sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

13 Likes

Thanks, dear!

5 Likes

Back to work today after my holiday which is pretty crap, but I’m grateful it will be my first “new year” returning to work sober for the first time in over 20 years

13 Likes

And this mornings quote on the app is pretty fitting for today, “A successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so. - Sober Time’s message for January 10, 2024.”

12 Likes

i’m grateful i accomplished a lot today despite still feeling pretty low energy.

had a great band practice with my best friend.

grateful that i attended an AA mtg in my neighborhood on sunday and really enjoyed it. i felt very welcomed. i shared through tears- proud of myself for that.

hope to catch another mtg tomorrow eve.

15 Likes

I am grateful to read about some fantastic milestones reached. Huge congratulations on 18 months @M-be-free49. I always love to read the things you chose to share. :orange_heart:
I am grateful for frosty frosty temperatures these days - I love when the moist in the air freezes and the sun makes the air glitter like gold.
I am grateful I could help my mom to get to the hospital when she broke her arm slipping on ice (be careful out there, friends) and took care of all her immediate needs. I am also grateful I can now slowly detach some again and keep my healthy distance.
I am grateful for the half hour each morning to check in at my home thread and get myself grounded in my sobriety.
I am grateful to read I am not the only one still looking for a tune for this upcoming year @erntedank. But who says it all has to be done in the first week of the new year. Eventually it will all come together.
I love the origami hearts @Chiron. That is just so adorable and really made my heart melt for you. Thank you for sharing.
Last but definately not least: grateful for my extra strong coffee this morning, so I can start my day somewhat awake.

11 Likes

Lunchtime gratitude.
It’s cold, sunny and I’m happy. Oh my god this is my weather. I love it. I enjoy it, it won’t last for long.
I’m grateful I had a refreshing short excercise in the chill air! I’m grateful the christmas tree is still glimmering ans shining in the sun. Have to take it down soon, it’s getting dry.
I’m grateful for cats & me enjoying the sun. I’m grateful the old boy wants to lie on me all the time and I can comfort him.
i’m grateful for delicious breakfast. I’m grateful I live alone, my cats don’t care that I need a shower and laze around after doing chores. Not that the ex cared but the social motivation for me to shower before doing chores was much higher. I’m grateful I notice changes in lifestyle like this. I’m grateful I take better care of myself than 2 years ago. I’m grateful to be content and not stressed. I wonder if I maybe give too little fucks. Maybe I’m heavily irritated by my messed up sleeping pattern. Sleeping in every day robbs me off my normal routine and I haven’t figured out yet how to reboot it. Fuck covid. I’m grateful the symptoms are almost gone, but there’s still recovery ongoing, I’m not completely healthy again. And the tiredness fades out very slowly. I’m grateful I notice that it gets better, babysteps. ODAAT :pray:

15 Likes

I am grateful that my best friend has incorporated me into her family, I have a lot of issues dealing with mine, so hanging out with hers makes me feel safe and happy.

14 Likes

Good morning sober fam,

Im so very greatful for…

My sobriety,
619 days free from weed and alcohol
5.3 months no vaping
Got my ass to the gym even though im not 100%
Hot showers to help with congestion
Left the house for the 1st time in 2 days
Road conditions arent too bad after 2 days of sleet and snow
Cough syrup is helping
Flexibility to work from home during snow events
Love
Boscoe
Hubby
Time away from Boscoe lol, love him, but sometimes he just stares at me and it freaks me out
Countdown to final weighin
Countdown to coasta rica

16 Likes

My sponsors husband sent me this, they are both pillars in our local recovery community. This is long, but even just listening for a few minutes makes my heart fill right up with gratitude. :heart:

11 Likes

I am grateful for thermoshirts.
Grateful I had a cup of tea with a friend who’s doing dry January, we had a nice talk about sobriety. In the same café we used to drink together…
Grateful for getting back to healthy cooking again.
I am grateful for this weather, the world is better with sunshine :sunny:
I am grateful for the good people in my house. Although I like being alone too, I enjoy hearing my son and his gf joking and laughing.

18 Likes

I am grateful that I have healthy body to propel me through these days. I am grateful for this gratitude community for being a light in my dark.

14 Likes