Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

Today I am grateful for my physical and mental health. I am grateful for my sobriety. I am grateful for my job and for the relationship I have with my kids. The relationship with the kids is so different in a better way.
I am grateful for this app.

Thanks to all of you, have a great 24h xxx

19 Likes

Yes… super grateful that we didn’t get water damage. The last time we dealt with a fire we spent a while fixing all the water issues and it was a mess.

8 Likes

I am grateful to be feeling this anxiety, because it means that I am still sober and I’m not drowning those feelings with alcohol. I am grateful that I have this space to come to and read people’s gratitudes and other posts, from people who understand what I’m going through. I’m grateful for my niece who texted and asked me to go for a walk in the rose gardens with her and her baby. Grateful. ODAAT

17 Likes

So grateful you are okay! Fire is no joke.

4 Likes

IMG_3594
I hope this birthday wish finds you feeling better and you get to enjoy some time with your housemates for your birthday :partying_face:

11 Likes

Morning gratitude.
Today I’m grateful I made @JazzyS laugh :grin: To be honest I chuckled too for quite a while :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I’m grateful for humor and laughter.

I’m grateful yesterday morning was good and productive. I’m grateful I fetched the Dyson vacuum cleaner from the townhouse, this powerthing makes keeping up with shedding cats and a big house easier.

I’m grateful I killed the fucking codependent mimimi instantly like a mosquito when the ex showed up to get some tools for working yesterday.

I’m grateful I identified another pattern: I acquired a helplessness concerning practical tasks on the farm as the amount of work is far beyond anything I could manage to do alone :thinking: Is it? Or is it the complicated ways the ex approached many tasks and him always having people here to do the work (of course I payed them) together with him letting me feel that in his eyes I’m lazy and fat doing nothing that causes this deep feeling of fear and helplessness that I can’t do it on my own? Really disliking some tasks adds to it. I do put back tasks I heartfeltly don’t want to do, I never grew adult enough and never will to tick off doing things I really dislike with a shrug and just DO them. I’m grateful I got a lot better dealing with tasks I just don’t like or find boring, so there is hope and potential for further babysteps.
Well, I’ll take this issue to therapy today. I’m grateful I’m able to approach problems honestly and see my share contributing to them.

I’m grateful I startet sorting my finances yesterday, they need an overhaul as I proceed with calculating scenarios. I’m grateful I take time and will do it step by step, rechecking the various possibilities and outcomes.

I’m grateful I allowed myself to read, watch series and think yesterday in the afternoon. I’m grateful I give myself time to think, just sit and think. I’m grateful I notice intrusive thoughts of not being productive, being lazy, not doing enough. That’s the stinkin’ thinking my ex implemented in my soul. It’s triggered each time I see him. I’m grateful I can sit with it as I have no clue how to remove this bullshit from inside me. Same for acquired helplessness.

I’m grateful for fake it till you make it. This is what I’m gonna do now. I’m a competent woman and I’ll tackle some office stuff, that’s what I do best and love most. ODAAT

14 Likes

I’m grateful to have a job
I’m grateful for a positive second day at work
I’m grateful for heartening teacher comments about my kids
I’m grateful for sticking to healthy life choices
I’m grateful for stepping into my discomfort zone

16 Likes

I am grateful it’s Spring. Even though there was a huge frost this morning and it’s COLD. Warmer days are ahead.
I am grateful for a warm house and car this morning.
I am grateful my husband didn’t drink last night, that’s a big one.
I am grateful for my health.
I am grateful for another day to be a better version of myself than yesterday. Spring, rebirth, new and exciting things ahead.

17 Likes

Today I am so grateful for 176 af. I have two of my grandsons here until Thursday. Today is the younger ones (7th) birthday. :partying_face: So today is all about him! I wish you all a good day!!:star2::star2::star2::star2:

19 Likes

I’m grateful that I somehow accidently turned on my old 6am Zelda feeding alarm as it woke me from a rather unpleasant dream. But now I am awake. I forsee a small morning nap in my future.

@Naomi happy birthday!

13 Likes

Im greatful for this reminder this morning
Progress rather than perfection
The Pause
Prayer, even though it feels akward
Love
A mind that works well
A job that pays
My mom watching Boscoe last night
Hubbys pep talk

16 Likes

I am grateful I could write my (not so grateful) thoughts down yesterday in the check-in thread. I am grateful for the comforting replies and also for the sweet birthday wishes.

I am grateful I can talk about the past with a close friend who’s an ex-JW activist. He also keeps me posted on what happens in that cult. Sometimes I don’t want to know, but I can’t help it. My family is trapped and I want to know what the church is teaching them.
I know about 20 ex-JW’s and only three of them are, as far as I know, pretty ‘normal’. The rest is fucked up. I am grateful I didn’t go to a point of no return.
I am grateful my parents and sister still want to see me, that’s not something to take for granted. My brothers, also ex-JW, totally cut off my JW family and me included because I still talk to my family. I am grateful I finally made peace with their decision.
I am grateful I’m sober, as I would get emotional and argumentative about this shit if I’d drink. I am grateful my son grew up without religious dogma. I am grateful I got out of the spell.

I am grateful I’m feeling physically slightly better. I am grateful for sunshine during our morning walk and during the false fire alarm this afternoon. I am grateful I worked yesterday, so today only half a day of work.

17 Likes

I’m grateful we made it to Cali yesterday and we both :heart: love :heart: the house. I’m grateful we got a shit ton of work to do in the next few hundred ODAATs to make this our forever home. Forever is not going to be long this time :scream: I’m grateful we can treat it like our last home and fix it up the way we want without ever having to worry about resale. I’m grateful I’m done! I’m grateful this is my fucking opus!

I’m grateful maybe, just maybe, finally, I’ve come to acceptance. I’m grateful I can let go of hope in other people and get back to myself. Hope in myself. I’m grateful all my worrying about who I would be traveling with yesterday, sober wife or drinking too much wife was for not. Of course she drank too much. I’m grateful that’s what alcoholics do. I’m grateful maybe I can finally accept that fact. I’m grateful I can try and not let Lucy pull that football out from underneath me anymore if I just accept the fact she has a disease, and just know. She’s gonna drink :man_shrugging: It’s what alcoholics do. I’m grateful I’m safe. I’m grateful I love my wife with this disease. I’m grateful I get to work on loving her more :face_holding_back_tears: I’m grateful in my mind this is the only option.
I’m grateful for this beautiful life. I’m grateful for this next new adventure in my life.

I’m grateful I get another day to turn my will and my life and my wife’s life over to the care of god. I’m grateful for my courage to keep moving forward. I’m grateful for both my recoveries without them I’d be a drunken bum.

Grateful for y’all.
Grateful for all the rain in Cali as it looks beautiful and so green out here now. Grateful my house is dry on the inside. I’m grateful all that weather, rain, gave it a great test before the inspections.

“Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Seriously :flushed: I quoting Harry Potter :man_facepalming:

22 Likes

Can’t wait to see the pics of your new garden. You’ve got cacti (or is it cactuses?) at the new casa?

@Steve14 how cool is it to still function after short nights right? Those mornings are a walk in the park in comparison to the hungover days of the past.

10 Likes

Great Steve ! , Keep it up good work

6 Likes

Thank you…so crazy. Now it seems to be an electrical fire and we are on hold till investigation is complete. Saying 3-4 days min :woman_facepalming:t4:
These are the times it sucks to work for yourself. Still super grateful that no one was hurt and we will get through this too.

9 Likes

I’m grateful for my “picture this,” app. It’s going to get a lot of use in my new Cali garden. It’s HUGE! :rose:🪻 :cherry_blossom: :hibiscus: :tulip::sunflower: :blossom: I’m going to be in heaven with it. Grateful to meet my new gardener tomorrow who works it if he’s willing to stay on. I’m grateful to be going from :cactus: to :lemon:

12 Likes

I’ve had a near brush with losing all I own to a fire, so I can sympathize greatly. Hang in there. While difficult now, this will pass and become a memory soon enough. :heart:

7 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking about earlier. Passing out sleeping 8 hours and feeling like a big pile of :poop: I will take this over that any day!

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes