Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

Day #69
I’m grateful that i didn’t drink this week.
So this week was one of the most difficult weeks during the soberty. On Tuesday afternoon my “lovely” boss and the HR director called me for a meeting and I’ve been informed that the department doesn’t want me anymore to work there. On Wednesday i had a meeting again with the HR and they told me that the company offers one position in other department.
On Thursday I went to interview in another company ( ive been applied before this week because i had a feeling and didn’t want to work there anymore) and on Friday I went to see the other department working and decided that this job is not suitable for me. So i have informed the HR that i will not work anymore in this company and next week probably will receive the documents for leaving.
A lot of nerves and trrigers I had. I can share also that i wanted to drink - especially yesterday. But I didn’t Drink! I didn’t buy the wine bottle, i made the tea - a lot of tea.

It has a difference when you quit and inform the Managers and when they call you and tell -" ha we dont want you "

So yes I’m proud of myself and greatful that i didn’t drink
Have a nice weekend :blush: sorry - have a nice and SOBER weekend :blush::blush:

18 Likes

Saturday morning gratefulness :heart::hugs:
I am so grateful that Claudia’s headaches are gone for now. Hope you have a wonderful Saturday @soberwalker
I too get super excited over seeing new growth in seedlings – so happy to see growth thriving @erntedank
@cocojanie13 Beautiful balloon arch Janie :heart: So grateful for a balloon pump!
@zse Grateful for your sober time friend. Sorry for your work situation. Grateful that you are looking into better opportunities. Wishing you luck! Grateful that you did not give in to the urges.
I am so grateful for a beautiful Saturday morning. Grateful that I had a heartfelt cry with mom. Grateful to talk our feelings and grateful for calmness and feeling so much better. Breathing easy.
I am so grateful for many little things on the to do list and grateful if I don’t get them all done today.
I am so grateful that my sister is coming to visit tonight. Grateful to have so much time with her.
I am so grateful that we are setting up my parents tv to get the Superbowl for tomorrow. Grateful that I will be watching it with my dad tomorrow evening.
I am so grateful that I am enjoying my coffee and hoping for a wonderful easy going day.
Much love to all you beautiful souls – wishing you all a wonderful addiction free day / evening
:heart: :heart:

20 Likes

Hey Friends,
I’m grateful it’s Saturday. :hugs:

Grateful I’ve already been to Sam’s club to pick up more giant food. :pizza::taco:

:dog2:Grateful I have Buddy & Alex sitting with me like bookends :cat2:

Grateful I have nothing I have to do today besides :shower:.

I’m grateful I’ve reached 40 days sober :partying_face:

20 Likes

I am grateful that my husband and kids went to an NBA basketball game with me last night. A few months ago they wouldn’t have because they hated going out with me where I would be drinking. We had a wonderful family night, so grateful for their continued support.

I am grateful for my sober journal. I get to write my hard truths in there every day and somehow it feels better putting them out there somewhere other than my crowded head.

Grateful for Saturday, grateful for you all. ODAAT

18 Likes

I‘ve got a lot to be grateful for today.

I am grateful my migraine started only in the afternoon, late enough to have had a nice pain free day till then and early enough to cancel meeting our friends without it being to much of an inconvenience for them.

I am grateful for pain meds, my unbelievably patient and loving partner, and a two hour nap.
I am grateful for reading good and sad stories here.

I am grateful for having found a new outdoor exploration game - explorer tiles. It‘s exactly my kind of fun. Taking walks around my city and scoring points by going to new places. Perfect fit.

I am grateful for the nice walk I took in the afternoon, the sun, life waking up slowly from the long sleep of winter.

I am grateful for allergy meds. It‘s that time of the season.

I am grateful for empowering reads: Your body is not an apology, and Yoga for Addiction.

I am grateful the day will be coming to an end soon and I can hope for a day without migraine tomorrow.

Sleep well my friends :sleeping: :heart:

19 Likes

I’m grateful that I’ve learned not everything needs a response from me. I grew up with a narcissistic (covert type), manipulative, addict mother who was constantly trying to pass over to the great beyond, and it was always on me to try to make her feel better, it was me she to for help, but always it was not what she needed or wanted, and therefore I wasn’t doing anything and I “didn’t care”.

But I eventually learned that she wasn’t my responsibility, and I’m grateful that I learned that. I’m grateful that I slowly learned to implement techniques that would prevent me from being drawn into her passive-aggressive / manipulative bullshit.

This took many years to fully integrate into my life. One of the last things I needed to learn was that even if I could help someone, that didn’t mean that I should try to help them. It was difficult because it felt so harsh, and it can feel harsh to those who want from you and you will not give. I’ve had to learn how to be “less friendly”, in general, as a result, and while I felt sad at first, I eventually realized it allowed me to be more objective, and to really think about things before I said or did anything.

And I’m grateful for all of that because it has made me a better person, but it’s also prevented me from making mistakes while acting on my desire to help. I may want to help, but the kind of help I might be able/willing to give may not be what another person wants/needs. I am the type of person that I want to reach out. I want to help. I genuinely feel sad when I know that I cannot; however, it is wisdom to know what I am responsible for and what I am not.

All of this was hard won, and while the multitude of life battles were painful and hard, I’m grateful I accepted each of these challenges so that I can become the person I am today.

19 Likes

This is a great share Chiron!! I really appreciate your thoughtful perspective (as I often do). Your post reminds me of many things I would like to incorporate into my own way of being in my day to day relationships, and on TS…ways of acting and/or reacting that could use some fine tuning and updating. Definitely a work in progress. I do so appreciate you sharing your experience, I am bookmarking to return to. :blossom:

12 Likes

Beautiful cat!

5 Likes

Look at us in #6!

I’m grateful today for sunshine and warmish temps

I’m grateful to be sober and healthy

I’m grateful to have work I mostly enjoy and resources to take care of myself and my family

I’m grateful for how well things went last weekend for my husband’s family to welcome friend to mourn the loss of their mother.

I’m grateful that resources are coming together to help my sister in law and her kids

I’m grateful to have enjoyed an amazing evening last night with my best friend while dining at the restaurant where my son is the chef. Fine dining indeed! So delicious and I was able to enjoy it all without any booze.

I’m grateful to be in a safe and loving marriage.

I’m grateful to have been able to buy a ridiculously expensive plane ticket to go visit my other son in late March. Whew!

I wish you all peace and the sense of calm and dignity that can come with sobriety. You do get to be safe and happy and you are worth the effort to make that dream come true.

19 Likes

Grateful today to be well rested, despite working a 24hr shift yesterday. Was a quiet night in the end.

Grateful to now be able to spend a good day with the family

Grateful for my wife who in my absence yesterday organised our kids rooms for the delivery of some new bedroom furniture today

Grateful for these days that I have nightshift in the evenings. feels like freebies getting added to my sober tally, as even in my drinking i was never drinking before nightshifts so the habit and craving never occurs these days.

Grateful I get to go watch the kids swimming lessons today.

Grateful for another day sober and hangover free.

18 Likes

I am grateful for another incredibly hard spin class this morning. I am grateful for the chance to embrace exercise again after addiction.

I always loved going to the gym and spending time doing different classes, meeting new people and even forming friendships in the gym. During active addiction I started cancelling more and more classes. Then I cut out all evening classes, because from 5pm, 4pm, 3pm I prioritised wine. The morning classes became harder and harder, and I needed more and more painkillers in the morning to sober up enough to make it to the gym. Then I started cutting those classes out, too. I didn’t like exercise anymore, because I was either hung over or still drunk from the night before… or already planning to drink again. Even if I turned up, my body wouldn’t let me exercise. I was exhausted. I didn’t eat healthy. I had always injuries, that didn’t heal properly. My joints were inflamed and painful. My muscles always tired and sore.

I am so grateful I can recognise all those things now. I am grateful I can start again. I am grateful I can work on my fitness, and my fitness is part of my recovery work. Win - win! I am grateful I can let go of the guilt and shame. Yes, addiction took all that from me. But I am able to forgive myself for it. It’s in the past, I can accept the past, I can learn from the past.

I am grateful for my shortcomings of the past, as they provide me with the knowledge for a better future
:squid:

18 Likes

I’m grateful that I read this today. I’m off work today and days off are often filled with “shoulds” in the back of my brain, often involving visiting people. If I really wanted to do those things, I would. I am okay right where I am.

15 Likes

I am grateful for WiFi. I am grateful for music. I am grateful for walks with my dog. I am grateful for another day of not feeling the need to drink alcohol. I’m grateful for chocolate. I am grateful for my amazing son. I am grateful for accountability with myself, my friends & family and this wonderful community. I am grateful for not wanting to sleep my day away due to hangovers or alcohol related depression. I am grateful for good quality sleep.

18 Likes

I am so very greatful.

Im greatful for…

My sobriety, one day at a time
We met some really nice people
Met oscar “like oscar the grouch” at the maitai restaurant on the beach and he offered to serve us dinner on the beach
Found an aa meeting at an old airplane they turned into a restaurant
How aa resets my thinking
Saw a monkey today
I miss Boscoe but hes safe and loved

16 Likes

Way to go with your 40 days love! :tada: :clap:

6 Likes

Grateful that you were able to go out and have an enjoyable evening with your family! Yeah Sobriety!!

5 Likes

Thank you, It’s nice to hear that from someone. :hugs:

6 Likes

:hugs: Thanks @JazzyS !! Appreciate your support, always

5 Likes

Thank you @Chiron Your post is pure gold :pray: Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6 - #232 by Chiron Having my head and heart clear on how and whom to help and when to refrain and step back is really important to me. I’m grateful for my inner boundaries and work on this matter. I’m grateful for your powerful share, a reminder for me to put work again in :pray:

Morning gratitude.
I’m grateful for Missi purring on my hungry tummy. I’m grateful when she leaves I make breakfast. I’m grateful I start sunday in this lovely, peaceful way.

I’m again grateful nightmares are not real. Still trying to shake it off as it felt reality real.

I’m grateful it’s a rainy day, I hear the rain. I’m grateful I’m still at my comfy townhouse and don’t have to bring logs in the rain to fire the furnace. I’m grateful I ask myself why I feel so easily overwhelmed these days. I’m grateful it’s sunday and I have time to do some writing. I’m grateful I’m concerned because I notice avoiding things that are helpful, necessary and good for me. I’m grateful I’m aware that I slipped into couching as avoiding mode and labeled it as resting. Noticing the pattern is awareness, choosing not to repeat the cycle is growth. Today I work on latter. Progress, not perfection.
I’m grateful it’s ok when I fall asleep again with purring Missi on me …

14 Likes

Grateful for such wise words at the right time @Chiron. It felt like I was reading about my mother there for a moment. I also learned that stepping into their mess and trying to help not only robs me of positive energy I have to restore from somewhere else, but also robs her of taking responsibility of her own actions. Essentially that meant I started to keep my distance. I got to hear a lot of hurtful stuff, once I disengaged. But knowing it is the right thing to do for me, makes up for it.
Grateful for well earned milestones @M-be-free49 @I.cant.We.can @maxwell.I love how numbers just keep adding up for all of us.
Grateful for my temporary furry house mate Lilith :smirk_cat: My cousin just dropped her off for the next few days.
Grateful for a day at the day spa coming up and taking care of my precious body and soul. Gonna bring a pile of books, just in case.
Greatful for you @HolySquid. Your avatar makes me laugh everytime I see it. Wobble on, everyone and make the best of today :orange_heart:

16 Likes