Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #6

Way to go @HolySquid and extra credit! 365+1

7 Likes

Grateful for a good full day. 3 consecutive days of AA AND 3 consecutive gym/exercise days. Haven’t been sleeping all that great but still productive . Goals are being met daily.

12 Likes

Grateful for being able to sleep after nightshift. Last night was a rough one but Grateful to have good mates on our crew. Positivity and a calm demeanor are infectious.
Grateful when I woke up today and saw the clock read 2:00 I didn’t follow my initial instinct that I had 3-4hrs more till morning to sleep. Grateful
i realised “shit It’s daytime” and I had to get the kids from school :joy::joy::joy:
Grateful for family to look after the kids, Nana just took the kids to training.
Grateful for another nightshift tonight with the crew. Days off tomorrow, so I’ll be Grateful for that especially if tonight is no good too.
Grateful for another day sober and hangover free

13 Likes

I’m grateful for hand feeding magpies so hopefully they won’t swoop me in Spring
I’m grateful for people noticing positive changes that I was oblivious to
I’m grateful for stepping out of my comfort zone by being more sociable
I’m grateful for making connections with people I didn’t know before today
I’m grateful for slowly but surely learning to love and be kind to myself

12 Likes

Not so much a Gratitude list but these are some notes I wrote that I read each day.

• I deserve to find my soulmate
• I am building up my inner strength every day
• I love myself and am open to recieve love from others
• I have the power to choose and create my happiness
• I am raising my vibration
• I am grateful for my life
• I fill my mind with positive thoughts
• I am happy
• I am worthy
• I am enough

14 Likes

Lunchtime gratitude.
Today I’m grateful for solid 7,5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It makes such a difference, I feel energized and work is going easy.

I’m grateful I accomplished a lot this morning. I’m grateful that I feel satisfied, it really pays off to break down tasks and work through the single steps.
I’m grateful I can stay at home today, after sunshine in the morning it turned grey and windy. I need a day at home, the last two days were so busy.

I’m heartfelt grateful that the old boy miowed aroar, I found him on the windowsill wanting down again. His old bones aren’t in jumping shape anymore for this height and he obviously did not want to take the same way down as up :grin: (there’s a rattan cat thingy next to it) Now his favourite pouf is under the windowsill as stair-surrogat and he is happy. I’m grateful my cats communicate clearly. I’m more than grateful the old boy is healthy for his age and still seeking a little adventure from time to time. I’m grateful we all enjoy living at the farm. We love it. Where my cat people? #3 - #1633 by erntedank

I’m grateful I see light at the end of the tunnel for some time-consuming, necessary (partly boring) tasks. I’m grateful I do procrastination-fast during Lent. Boy, I see proper results unfolding :dancer:

I’m grateful for the cozy warmth of the wood fired stove, for the comfy couch I’m resting on, for flowers blooming and seedlings growing, for a full fridge, for hot water, delicious tea, good reads, dear friends, reminders to keep going & doing, the kindness and smiles I give myself, the blessing of having a good, happy, productive, funny, chatty, homy day. ODAAT

14 Likes

What a good day to have a good day

Im greatful for…

My sobriety
AA ladies mtgs
12 steps
Spiritual healing
The benefits of sobriety
Realizing that just because an action is routine doesnt mean you have to keep that routine if it no longer serves you
Mental health is a bit better today, praying im trending in the right direction
Flexibility in body, mind, and spirit
Cough syrup, zinc, and ibuprofen
Sunshine
Spring weather
Hope

17 Likes

I’m grateful the spring birds have begun to show up, and on days when its not snowing or raining they can be heard tweeting before sunrise.

Spring is my favorite season, like a release after pressing on a painful muscle (winter), so Im also grateful it is just around the corner.

17 Likes

I’m grateful for the new life of the spring season too. My favorite as well.
:pray:t2::heart:

14 Likes

I’m grateful for 6 days sober. I’m grateful to have just had the realization that my last job pushed alcohol on me. They couldn’t stand that I was sober. I was years sober when I started working there, and I was bullied about not drinking. Eventually, I felt I had to join in. I’m grateful to have finally quit. No job is worth my sobriety. It had a negative culture. I’m grateful to know I can do better, with better people.

18 Likes

So this will be a hard one today finding gratitude… my health problems came back with a bang last night. I haven’t slept, I have a temperature, I am in pain…
But I am grateful I got through to the doctors office in the morning. I am grateful the pharmacy is in walking distance and my prescription was ready early afternoon. I am grateful I have a medical excemption card, so I don’t have to pay prescription charges.

I am grateful I could spent most of the day on the sofa. I am grateful I only need to stay for one volunteering session tonight, so I can be home for my normal bedtime. I am grateful I have a good team there with me tonight and we will manage.

I am grateful for nutella toast for lunch!
:squid:

21 Likes

Hoping you get some rest and feel better soon.

5 Likes

I am grateful for the long dog walk today in the forest. For doing some work this afternoon and that my webinar went well (eventually).
I am grateful for another day being nice to my mom. It’s not always easy for me to be patient and I feel like a jerk for that.

I am grateful for Chinese take away. Grateful for this last relaxed evening together with sis and mom. Grateful I can use the sauna one last time tonight and hopefully sleep like a baby. Grateful to see my son again tomorrow.

Grateful I didn’t have any cravings and stayed sober this week. Grateful I’m feeling really good sober.

13 Likes

@HolySquid Shoutout to Nutella :wink: And wishing you good sleep, no pain and suffering, and speedy recovery :mending_heart:

I have a lot to be grateful for today.

My hormonal situation has been slowly but consistently improving. I am very grateful for that. I managed to get out of bed quite early and after a slow start I even had enough energy to do my movement practice and to meditate. I am very grateful for that.
I burried myself in work - as I often do when everything else feels like shit - and although I am not very happy about this semi-addictive escapism behaviour I am grateful I could do something I enjoy to improve my mood and distract myself. I even realised at some point that I was hungry, tired and needed a break. I am grateful for my newfound capacity to listen to my needs.
My mood stayed fairly stable towards the afternoon and evening and I made the wise decision to do some yoga and meditation. I am grateful for this practice today. I really gave me some longed for peace.
I am grateful I can accept my imperfections and my failures today as I overate once again in the evening. I need to go through this apparently one more time. So I‘ll start again.
I am grateful I am tired. I hope for some sleep tonight.

Whatever the night might bring, have a good night everone :night_with_stars:

12 Likes

Grateful for quiet nights at work especially on my last night, it means I’m not a write off on my first day off.
Grateful I was up early at work to get a run in.
Grateful for sunny autumn days that allow me to mow my lawn (yet to get around to it but its in thw plan for today)
Grateful @acromouse had a better day and is on the path.
@HolySquid @acromouse my kids love Nutella but we recently discovered Biscoff spread and oh man they go crazy for it. I have to admit its pretty good.
Grateful for another day sober and hangover free

12 Likes

@chiron Grateful that you finally got approved for the x-ray. Grateful that you are gathering the information from the tests and working on the best treatment plan that fits your needs. Sending you healing vibes my friend – sorry that you are in pain.
@cjp Many healing vibes being sent to your mind and body my friend – I do hope you find some peace from this mental struggle soon :pray: :hugs:

Amen to that — so grateful that you left that job and are now on a path of sobriety and self healing :hugs: I see 1 week milestone is just hours away :wink: Looking forward to celebrating with you soon.
@holysquid Oh man I’m sorry love – I am grateful you were able to get to a doctor this morning. I do hope the meds are helping and you are not in any pain. Sending you healing vibes :pray: :hugs:

A quick gratitude on this beautiful Thursday
I am so very grateful to be alive and healing. So very grateful that i had my mom with me to help when the pain got to intense to bear. Grateful that she is doing better today and i was later able to help her when she needed me. I am so grateful for a liquid healthy diet today to help ease my stomach. Grateful for being able to pray and meditate even through the pain and uncomfortableness.
much love to you all my beautiful friends - wishing you all a wonderful addiction free day / evening! :heart: :heart:

15 Likes

I am grateful to have spouse home for the weekend. We are working on reconnection to have a happy fulfilling life.

17 Likes

Been a while since I posted my “grats”, so here goes…

Grateful we got a break from the rain today. :umbrella:
Grateful Mom’s feeling better, and she got a little bit of good news from the doctor at least. :older_adult:
Grateful my oldest Sister is stepping up more to help with taking care of our Mom. :relieved:
Grateful for my piano. :musical_keyboard:
Grateful for Neopolitan ice cream. :icecream:
Grateful I have a good job. :truck:

17 Likes

Try Nutella drizzled over some vanilla ice cream some time. YUM-O!!! :yum:

6 Likes

Hello my grateful friends! I am grateful for 70 days sober today. I am grateful for my niece. She has always loved me unconditionally, and now I get to be grateful for her 4 month old daughter. I spent all evening with my great niece and am overwhelmed with gratitude for that. Have a wonderful night, or morning…:purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

18 Likes