Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7

I’m grateful I lost my way a bit this morning (got a little set off by a coworker) and got on this thread and read D-cat’s post about being in the now. I’m so grateful for all of your words and posts, @Dazercat.

I’m grateful my day went a bit better after that. Realized it’s my choice to get set off by anyone. I’m grateful I went for a walk and got the yuck out of my head and heart instead of, basically, telling a colleague to f*ck all the way off.

I’m grateful I was scheduled to facilitate tonight’s Recovery Dharma online mtg even when I didn’t feel like it going into it. It was good for me. There is no requirement to be perfect! (…and not have thoughts about colleagues). It’s how we respond to that stuff that matters… I learn. Slowly, but I learn. I’m grateful tonight’s reading was Wise Speech and didn’t that fit with my day. I’m grateful for my Sangha.

I’m grateful for this home thread too. Congrats on 7 months @EarnIt ! I think I missed why you have lost taste and smell? I’m so glad you’re here. Beautiful new skateboard @Bluekoolaid! I’m grateful for Duplo rockets and Tea Party reading practice - heartwarming.

And yes, @Lighter. I cry about uncertainty sometimes. It sure beats trying to drink it away. Hugs, fine friend. There is always blue sky beyond the clouds. Of that we can be certain. :people_hugging:

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

18 Likes

Congratulations on your 7 months Jené
:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

5 Likes

I had an accident, possibly falling down stairs in this house, which I lived in for a week. I had a brain injury, that took those away. For all but that, I am doing pretty well. XXOO

10 Likes

So grateful today. Up at 6am. Had to print some photos out for daughter and printer decided it wanted to be on vacation. The old me would have been pissed off and really uptight. I calmly looked at what the problem was and dealt with it. Great AA Meeting this morning. Grateful I was able to freeze many tomatoes today. Energy to do book work. Nice dinner with friend. Timing perfect with my food prep.

14 Likes

Oh, friend! I’m so sorry to hear about this, and so glad to hear it wasn’t worse! I am beyond grateful now that you are here, and doing pretty well no less. :pray:
Taste and smell I hope return! Your food always looks like it tastes and smells pretty darn fine to me.
Extra congrats on your 7 months! :people_hugging: :boom: :tada: :orange_heart:

10 Likes

I’m grateful that Monday is over.

I’m grateful for these Olympics. Fun!

I’m grateful for 3 pop girlies;Chappell Roan, Sabrina Carpenter, and Charlie XCS. They have been the music of my summer, and I was never a huge pop fan before. Very fun stuff. Grateful to expand my horizons.

Grateful for your post @Dazercat ! Made me both genuinely lol, and jealous of the possibility of a beach meeting!! :beach_umbrella:

Have a fantastic Tuesday, sober fam 🫶🏻

15 Likes

Grateful for,

• the sunshine outside of that window
  • my friends planing fun activities for the next weekend I can just take part in, if I feel like it
  • the spanish test i just had today went pretty well, with a bit of look I get a proof for the level B2, than I would be one big step closer to my semester im columbia, that I am planing for the next year.
  • for the sobriety that allows me to make longterm plans again, something that did not happen at all when cosuming actively
    buenos dias a todos :smile:
17 Likes

Grateful:

A stronger body
Clean (ISH :joy:) water
Options
That I can do things now that I didn’t thing I could before
Trust in myself
Sobriety
The offer, out of the blue, for a free recovery coaching session (one to one with a certified life and recovery coach) I said yes, though I’m nervous.

20 Likes

I’m grateful for another day hangover free and sober.

I’m grateful there’s more than one way for me to make my coffee.

I’m grateful I was able to get an appointment to get the car looked at this morning.

I’m grateful for my love of gardening that my mother instilled on me. I’m grateful it brings back memories of us planting flowers and veggies in our yard when I was a little boy. I’m grateful my mother would love the garden I have over here and it makes me think about her daily. I’m grateful she did the best she could always wanting more for her and her children :smiling_face_with_tear:

I’m grateful I never know where my gratitude is going to take me :smiling_face_with_tear: I’m grateful for the beautiful memories I’m having of me and my mother. I’m grateful I did get her out to Santa Monica once but it was too late. I’m grateful when she thought she was in Canada instead of California we just went with it and were able to enjoy our time. I’m grateful I have no regrets with my mom and dad.

Wow. I’m grateful for this beautiful unexpected moment. I’m grateful maybe I’ll get another one.

Grateful to stop by with y’all.
:pray:t2::heart:

“It’s a funny
thing about life: Once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.”

Germany Kent

18 Likes

I am grateful for my full life.

I am grateful that when I sit quietly with myself I get to experience some pretty spectacular things.

I am grateful for taming my hyperactive ADHD, completely out of control obsessive addict mind with Meditation.

I am grateful that practice makes progress.

I am grateful that once we are able to harness the idea that we need to change everything our lives become completely better. Our music, our books, our company, our resturants, our exercise schedule, our time spent with self, with others, with our HP.

I am grateful to know the difference between being self absorbed, and being spiritually selfish. I know from experience if I do not keep my spiritual fire roaring it dies quickly with the amount of myself that I give away.

I am grateful for selfless service and that I have balance in my life, just for today.

I am grateful that today I let ‘God’ lead the way and miracles happen everyday. The most obvious one is that I go to bed clean, the more subtle ones are my prayers keep being answered.

I am grateful that with a boatload of faith I can live my life without fear and inspire others to do the same. I often have this vision when I am speaking to someone who is stuck in fear. I see us dressed in all white holding hands running down the beach, free. No fear, just freedom.

I am grateful that I drink a lot of water or I would surely be dehydrated with the amount of tears I shed in gratitude.

I am grateful for my life today. Free from the chains of active addiction. Free from the chains of an eating disorder. Free to live my souls purpose.

I am so grateful.

:pray:

16 Likes

I also believe with God miracles happen everyday. I am grateful for you @Its_me_Stella

10 Likes

I’m grateful for the rainy day and being able to bake with some neighbor friends. I’m grateful for today being a good day. I’m grateful that my anxiety was low today- it was one of those days where I just felt myself. I’m grateful for being able to make a new friend who’s agreed to give me language lessons and speaking practice. I’m grateful for days where I feel hopeful. I’m grateful to be sober and healthy.

16 Likes

I’m grateful that there is so much gratitude on here that I can’t catch up.
I’m grateful for safe travels and a great visit with family.
I’m grateful that this visit exposed some of my social deficiencies these days. I used to be the social butterfly that my brother still is and that got away from me. Time to introduce it back in. Slowly. And soberly.

I’m grateful for more progress on my money goal. That debt free light at the end of the tunnel is looming larger these days and I like it. Time to work on some new goals. I see you pull ups and socialization. Soon I’ll be unstoppable.

I’m grateful I’m sad that both of my social plans cancelled on me today. I’m grateful I reached out to another friend for a gym date. I’m grateful for a cozy, rainy day of cooking, movies and cleaning for our move out inspection tomorrow.

18 Likes

Things I am especially grateful for today.

I woke up very early to a day that promised to be hot and so I went to the grocery store just short around 7am. It was still reasonably cool and I am very glad I had it done before breakfast.

The most important prep for my trip on friday is done. Train tickets booked, connected with family where I‘ll be staying, packing list made, food list and time plan for the travel day finished. Now I just need to pack the stuff and load my devices full of books, podcasts, yoga vids, meditations and anime as I have no idea if and when I‘ll have internet connection.

My daughter was due for a dentist checkup today. Sadly she was pestered by a nasty migraine already early in the day. She is very heat sensitive like that. But the meds and rest helped. She even went out for an ice cream later on. And my ex already made a new appointment. Our health system is not perfect but it provides all we need.

I spend the afternoon chillaxing on the balcony and later at the pool. Reading, yin yoga, meditation. The pool is in a nice wood and there are a lot of great places to lay down in the shadows with some gentle cool air coming from the trees. It was marvellous.

Now I‘m looking towards a recovery dharma online meeting and that‘s it for today.

Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

17 Likes

Grateful to be sober and healthy.
Grateful for my family and the love/ support.
Grateful for my sponsor and guiding me through my recovery.
Grateful for my freedom and being able to do the things I enjoy.
Grateful to be spending more time outside.
Grateful I’m soon leaving to bike to my night AA meeting. It’s like a little adventure and the exercise gets my head right.
Grateful my anxiety has not been to bad today.
Grateful I can meditate and remember my life before alcohol and drugs and been trying to live like I did before I started escaping life.
Grateful for strong coffee.
Grateful for my safe shelter and food.
Grateful I have no desire to drink or use. For some reason this time I don’t have cravings.
Grateful for this community.
Grateful to be alive.

18 Likes

I am grateful to be sober and headed back to work tomorrow night hangover free.

I am grateful for air conditioning and movies in bed with fur babies.

I am grateful for good food and alcohol free drinks.

I am grateful that I can walk, see and hear.

I am grateful to be here working on myself with everyone. Odaaft. :two_hearts:

19 Likes

I am grateful today…
AA meeting
Meeting with sponsor. Working on step 4. Having to dredge up past resentment that molded me into who I am today.
Grateful our town avoided the huge fire nearby
Cal fire and First Responders
Gym pool for exercises. I jumped and hopped today. Been 3 months
Grateful for the two friends I have who accepted me as a drunk and are so supporting of my sobriety.

19 Likes

Woohoo!!! So awesome girl – love when the body starts to heal and you can feel like you again :hugs:

all those fires are so scary – Stay safe friend :pray:

200w

8 Likes

I’m grateful for pretty good day. To notice my gratitude popping up throughout the day.

I was doing some planning for work and looking ahead and noticed that in exactly five weeks, it’s the Tuesday after Labour Day. (Follow me for more fun and helpful news! :crazy_face:) WTF? I’m grateful for the wake up call to stay present and in today, but also be mindful of how I’d like to say I spent these five weeks. Being present, being grateful. I’m grateful I don’t try to jam activities and drinks into every day, every moment.

I’m grateful for slow walks with the dog girl. Easy summer dinners. A bit of cool in the evening and time in my patio garden. Low sugar popsicles.

I’m grateful I don’t feel like I’m missing out by not drinking. I’m grateful I don’t miss drinking. That feels so good to say, to be able to say.

I’m grateful I now get the “oh look who’s back” looks from cashiers (you know the look) at the pet store, not the wine store. I found a (get this) “plant based” healthy chewy for the dog girl and she loves them! Yep, cashiers, judge away, we do love our soda water and chewy treats. :wink:

I’m grateful for all of you.

I’m grateful for another day. :orange_heart:

14 Likes

Wednesday morning gratitude. Time flies.

I’m grateful I’ve been busy making sirup and jam. I’m grateful for the dishwasher :pray:

I’m grateful I tried to keep up with chores and failed. I’m grateful I did what I could.

I’m grateful for purring cats and demanding miows. They remind me of what is important in life: love and food. I’m grateful love has many faces and catlove is one of it :heart: A fluffy, cuddly, heartwarming one.

I’m grateful an old friend will visit me today and I’ll make steak. Sharing a good meal is soulfood too.

I’m grateful the local authorities came over yesterday and talked with me about removing the ex’s oldtimers as they are not allowed to be constantly parked on the lawn as they have no license plates (officialese for: this is a farm, not a junkyard). I’m grateful they are doing something about all the stuff put here, parked there and never again touched. I’m grateful HE has to do something other than ignoring. Otherwise this stuff will be removed by the autorities. I’m deeply grateful that I didn’t cause it, I can’t control it and doing my best is fine. I’m grateful MY stuff is in order and no source of complaints. I’m grateful this proofs that I’m NOT the annoying, nagging ex constantly complaining about shit. I rarely was so grateful for authorities showing up and forcing something. I’m grateful me being embarrassed and feeling cringy for his ignorance and non-caring causing an authority intervention didn’t last long. That’s life, another moment to clearly see who cared about everyday’s life and tasks for all our relationship. To be honest I am a bitch and feel schadenfreude as he didn’t take it well when I texted him. As his attitude towards me was shitty, he can run zig-zag until the official document arrives via mail. Mail. Not email. Let’s see how his own medicine of waiting without answer or information tastes him. Karma is a bitch. Me too. Sorry not sorry.

I’m grateful for rest. I can come back and continue this post as often as I want. I’m grateful the kitchen/living room gets tidy again. Making jam & sirup is a lot of work & mess :joy: I’m grateful for the kitchen helpers ate stored away, all dishes are washed and stored, the glasses and bottles remain for 1 more day on the kitchen island, I need to label it. Paper waste is thrown out, the floor is vacuumed and mopped. Two spots to tidy left, then I’m content.

I’m deeply grateful for my cosy home, my comfy life, my luxury problems. For having enough, for enjoying the moment, for cooler morning temperatures and relaxing evenings on the balcony. For the solar plant providing hot water, for my reliable car that takes me everywhere. For my counsellor and my therapist. For friends. For encouragement and letting go. For being ok with being bitchy sometimes. For peace, quiet, calmness and equanimity. For working on myself without forcing things. For practicing patience, focussing on the present, for doing what I can and accepting my limits. For a soft cat paw with sharp nails that touches my heel. For strength I find in little things, a reading here, a cup of tea there. ODAAT :pray:

12 Likes