Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #7

Today I am grateful for chocolate and this community. I’m grateful for my doggy and my great niece. Love from the most innocent beings feels so wonderful. Grateful for 166 days of sobriety

14 Likes

Today I am grateful for

Sleeping as long as I did
This streak of cool weather we’ve been having
Having an unexpectedly busy and fruitful shift
Having a trainee to help out with said shift
My body that keeps going when I need it to
My mind that tells my body it can
My family
Quiet time

16 Likes

Some quick morning gratitude.
I’m grateful I slept well and a lot. I’m grateful the massage yesterday was wonderful and I rested afterwards. I’m grateful for cats sleeping on and beside me. I’m grateful I texted the ex and got a lot off my chest. I needed it to adress all this crap to the person it belongs to. I’m grateful I don’t expect a reaction. I’m grateful another year’s anniversary is there: One year ago the ex left the farm and moved back to the city without any notice. Time flies.
I’m grateful I live here in peace, working daily on a good life, taking it easy, being kind to myself, spoiling the cats. I’m grateful for my friends, neighbours and nice people in general. I’m grateful meditation and prayers help me to find peace and calm the sadness that arises every now and then. I’m grateful for healthy grumpiness, it’s not necessary to take or tolerate every shit.
I’m grateful a nice hot shower is waiting for me. ODAAT

13 Likes

I’m grateful for cool sheets on a blistering hot night and a cat that insists on snuggling regardless of the temperature.

13 Likes

Good morning! I have fallen off the boat a little with posting gratitude :slightly_frowning_face: so I’m going to commit myself to making sure I get back on track and get on here everyday!!
I’m grateful to have been able to start treatment! Last night was my first session and it was a really nice and uplifting experience! Although I was exhausted because I had been up since 1:50 am because of work and treatment is in the afternoon from 5:30-8:45 it was a really nice thing to get to be apart of and to physically talk to others who struggle with alcohol addiction!
I’m grateful for coffee on this early morning after getting only around 4 hours of sleep, but I’m off tomorrow and get to sleep in!! :raised_hands:t2:
I’m grateful that I have started to feel the want to partake in hobbies that I used to love to do but lost the motivation to do! I used to love building puzzles, but in the last few years I would start a puzzle and then put it all away without making any progress because I lost the motivation! I have also been feeling the want to start reading again! Now to just find the right book!
I hope everyone has a great day!! And something I heard last night I will tell all of you, you are magnificent creatures that deserve love, kindness, understanding and forgiveness!

12 Likes

Share them with us here! Would love to see some of your puzzles:

9 Likes

Grateful for my friend in recovery. I called him yesterday about some money work I was doing (balancing books for my business), because I was feeling really conflicted, even paralyzed (emotionally). It is bizarre, but any time I’m balancing books I get this feeling. He was very helpful: he talked me through it.

13 Likes

Grateful for 167 days of listening to my needs and prioritising true care and self over escape.

Grateful for my 2 x weekly body balance classes. At first they literally broke me (intercostal muscle strain) because my body was unwell and rigid. My heart also got pierced (some small tears on my first session after a surprise meditation at the end of the class about being worthy). Since then, and now my ribs are not only working again but bendy and able, I feel a peace settle into my heart and body for two hours a week that are mine.

Grateful for my Kindle.

Shout-out to all the brave people in the world standing up and shining a light on injustice; it is in privilege that we remain silent. :candle:

Grateful for my home, my cosy and safe home.

Grateful for my two baby crazies… Life was so pristine before they wrecked every piece of furniture in the place. Somehow it feels better wrecked a bit.

Rebuild from ashes. Nothing is ever too broken. I’m grateful I can see beauty in chaos.

14 Likes

Today i am greatful for

The power of AA fellowship
My recovery
People answer the call (or call me back) when i reach out
My new sponsor
Reminder to pray to my HP and let go
My lil family
Work from home day
Internet
Freedom from the craving, i dont have to give in anymore. I dont have to carry the shame. I dont have to lie.
The HOW of AA. Honesty. Openness. Willing.
All yous

15 Likes

I’m grateful I started my morning off with Alice purring on my lap and birds singing and I could see the wind blowing my flowers gently out front and Benson making his disgusting licking noises while enjoying a superb cuppa coffee, while chanting my mantra to myself and out loud. :pray:t2: Om Mani Padme Om :pray:t2:

I’m grateful for all the great things happening in my life currently. I’m grateful I get to enjoy them sober. And free.

I’m grateful I think I’m gonna like my new chiropractor. Totally different from my other guy who worked solo and just did adjustments. I’m grateful this guy has a team and works on more than just adjustments. Which I hate. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’m grateful for doing “which I hate,” as it gets me out of my comfort zone, where there is usually no progress. I’m grateful I signed up for 12 visits for a discount so I keep going back whether I like him or not.

I’m grateful we have a solid contract on the Scottsdale house. I’m grateful we agreed on a discounted price instead of me having to fix up the stuff they want fixed. I’m grateful it’s not much of a hit and basically we had planned for that in our counter. And they could have asked for so much more. I’m grateful so far this guy is very reasonable and my agent is great and I haven’t really had to do shit since I got moved out.

I’m grateful for people reaching out to me. I’m grateful for laughs with friends. I’m grateful I enjoyed our walk with Benson the other day. I’m grateful I can call my sponsor another day.

I’m grateful the AV guy is on his way. I’m grateful he gave us an update since he’s about an hour late. I’m grateful wifey and I have a who cares attitude about it. It’s not even 8:30 yet.

I’m grateful wifey and I are getting along great. I’m grateful it’s :100: because of my recovery :mending_heart:
And I love her. I’m grateful I love her and she loves me :heart:

I’m grateful for you all.
:pray:t2::heart:

16 Likes

Grateful for clarity of mind, even though it is painful. I’m recognizing what was, what happened, and there is a lot of pain attached. Grateful there are new things and people beginning to enter my life right as this happens, so I don’t get too overwhelmed with the past or negative things. Grateful for freedom and the resources to set myself on a better path. Grateful I made my first trip sober. That trip opened up a lot. There will be several more this year. I have missed exploring so much. It was never the same when drinking.

I’m grateful I have these moments where I’m excited about life again. Doubt and uncertainty usually comes back quickly, but it’s like your bedroom facing east and not having blackout curtains in the summer in Texas . Oh the glorious good morning sunshine :sunny: !!! No matter what you do, it’s SUNNY. :laughing: The better life is winning. It’s really about to start rolling and the pain will fade.

Grateful for 103 days of sobriety and all of you :heart:

18 Likes

Thank you for this day :palms_up_together:
Today I am grateful for

• My daughter in the end made it to school. An anxiety issue she used to battle with a few years ago resurfaced over the weekend and she did not make it to school yesterday because of it. This morning was difficult, but she made it. I am very grateful that at the toughest point one of her friends just showed up around the corner and they could go to school together.
  • The wonderful stories Mrs J told me today about her recent trip to Italy. I‘m not much of a foodie but her stories about coffee and Venice made me jealous :wink:
  • My further work on my prototype. The refining analysis is proving very useful and I am getting a better feeling of the systems with every iteration. I love my work. Yes I do.
  • The walk I took through the woods and the gardens. The weather played nicely and I saw so many wonderful flowers, plant life and birds.
  • We got all the final information about my daughter‘s trip to the UK next week. She is excited and we are in preparation mode.
  • I got all of child sitting for this and the next weekend set up, so I can join friends for games and stuff in the evenings.
  • My in-laws meeting my daughter tomorrow after school. I love how they have such a great relationship.
  • My mum clearly enjoying her trip home, meeting old friends and going to a class reunion.
  • Getting all kinds of stuff around home done through my afternoon anxiety. Keeping busy is so much better than being unable to get you of this panicky state.
  • Nice podcasts and books helping me calm down.
  • A good yoga practice helping me focus.

I am grateful for this day.
Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

16 Likes

Today I’m grateful for sobriety literature. Quit lit keeps me on the right path.

I’m grateful for my kitties. I often re-name them when I want a chuckle and today I have named them Fuss and Misery because they are sweet and happy and this makes me laugh.

I’m grateful for the possibility of a move. We found out that our neighbor is moving. She lives in a 2 bedroom to our 1 bedroom unit and I am mentally redecorating my bigger living space already. Now to put the plan in motion.

I’m grateful for a hot shower, clean clothes and the ability to work 12 hour days. Someday I won’t be able to do this so I’ll do it now. I’m grateful that I am swiftly closing in on a huge financial goal. This is possible due to my 12 hour days.

Finally today I am grateful for each of you, struggling in our tiny community to be better versions of ourselves. Whether we have interacted or not in my time here I am proud of you. I’m proud to be a part of the addiction community and I am grateful for those who came before. Keep fighting the good fight. Much love. 🩷🩷

16 Likes

You know what @Dazercat ? After reading your post I am personally grateful for you.

Have a great day!

10 Likes

Aww :smiling_face:
You are so sweet :face_holding_back_tears:
Thank you
:pray: :heart:

6 Likes

Practicing beautiful gratitude with you wonderful folks :heart: :pray:
I am so very grateful for my healing body. Grateful for having more movement these days and being able to combat my fatigue.
I am so grateful for trying to stick to a bed time. Grateful for good sleep these days and being able to get up earlier each day to make a morning walk.
I am so grateful for finding a new route to walk these days, a beautiful neighborhood with loads of green trees, a beautiful lake and a peaceful vibe.
I am so grateful for having had time to regenerate after the last festival. Grateful for not expecting too much from myself and taking it easy.
I am so grateful for going to a friends daughters graduation party. Grateful for it being the only graduation that I’ve attended. Grateful that I was able to hang out with our friends. Grateful that my brother was ok to leave when i realized that my swelling was getting out of control. Grateful to have had a chance to socialize.
I am so grateful for this amazing thread. Grateful for being able to come here and read all the gratitude’s :hugs: Grateful that this practice is something that I carry with me all day every day and I am forever practicing it even if I can’t make it here to write it out.
I am so grateful for my parents, my siblings, my family! Grateful to feel loved :heart:
I am so grateful for my HP! Grateful for my faith and my meditation / prayer practices. Grateful that these practices are helping me find a positive outlook on life. Grateful that others are seeing this change. Grateful that i am finding my way back to myself and am not letting the symptoms of the past 2.5+ years not bring me down or define me.
I am so grateful for feeling blessed and light in my heart and in my feet :wink:
I am so grateful for This community!! Grateful to be among fellow friends. Grateful to not feel alone on this journey.

Wishing everyone a wonderful addiction free day / evening! Sending you all so much love :heart: :heart:

14 Likes

I most definitely will! I asked my husband for a 2,000 piece puzzle table so that I could start the puzzle but can walk away from it and cover it up so that the cats don’t destroy it lol

8 Likes

Grateful for my sobriety and that I’m experiencing feelings and not drowning them out.
Grateful that I’m finding new strength in dealing with anxiety. Today at work I started obsessing about the future and getting worried but I did a prayer and told myself there is nothing to fear and I told my anxiety to leave me alone and I felt better.
Grateful the new job is going good. All I can do is try my best and show up with a good attitude.
Grateful I have not had a energy drink in a few days. Im tired of the crashes that come with those drinks. Instead I been drinking electrolyte drinks and plenty of water. I don’t need the caffeine!
Grateful for the sober living I stay at and the support from the other people here. Grateful there is a in house speaker meeting in a half hour.
Grateful for food, shelter and Air conditioning.
Grateful for music to help me positively escape.
Grateful for my family and the good relationship we currently have.
Grateful for this community :sunglasses:

13 Likes

I need to get into gratitude today. Today I am grateful that I have one car I can use. I am grateful I have friends to call or connect with on TS when things are hard. I am grateful for my job. I am grateful I had a Teams call today to hear some hard things but it was better than letting things fester unsaid, and now I can do something about it. I am grateful I can eventually figure out hard engineering problems even if I’m stumped for a little while. I am grateful I am learning. I’m grateful I can go to a lunchtime AA meeting tomorrow and hopefully feel better about things, connect with people and change my outlook on things. I am grateful I have a meeting with my boss next week even though these meetings are hard for me. It will probably put a lot of my senseless fears to rest. I am grateful I can work from home the rest of the week. I am grateful to be home with my twins on my WFH days.

13 Likes

Today I’m grateful for…

-Having a slow start to the morning
-Nobody sitting on the patio for lunch so I didn’t have to go up and down stairs all day
-Getting to work in a blah mood that ended up turning around by the end of the shift
-My daughter’s friend’s mom, who loves having her over and always invites her to have dinner when she’s there
-Being able to have that time to myself after work to rest for a while
-My neighbors who always ask before they have a fire or grill and to let them know if it’s bothersome
-Finding a burst of energy towards the end of the day and getting some dishes, vacuuming and sweeping done
-Having tomorrow off :raised_hands:
-Cuddles with my kitties

13 Likes