Today I’m grateful for:

1. My Amazon package arrived
  2. I’m going to AA meeting tonight
  3. Help & support of the community here
  4. Day 6 sober
  5. 16 hours cigarette free
17 Likes

Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful to feel safe. In the past I only felt safe in a hospital or detox but today I feel safe in the world. I was always terrified to be in the world but that’s because I keep trying to do things my way.
I’m grateful for my change in thinking.
I’m grateful for my past mistakes which I’m learning from.
I’m grateful for my daily routine and a sense of balance and normalcy. No more chaos!
I’m grateful for the people on here who have gave it to me real in the last couple years… I’m just now hearing you guys.
I’m grateful for my higher power which I ask every morning to help me make the right choices even if it’s hard.
I’m grateful for my family. My mom is probably going to actually sleep tonight.
I’m grateful for this thread.
Grateful to be alive! :sunglasses:

22 Likes

I’m grateful for:

• recovering well from recent period of heavy drinking
  • for exercising my discipline while creating new habits like morning’s meditation and breathing exercise, and evening’s reading a new book routines
  • for God, Jesus, higher power enabling me to connect with them and use all available energies I need for the above two points
  • for following my plans I established a week ago - fulfilling them makes me so happy, feel sense of purpose
  • for just to be and enjoy life as it is even with complex (“bad”) things it brings along - every problem has a solution
13 Likes

Grateful for you, Eric! Incredibly grateful for this thread :pray: Thank you for the mention among the D gratitudes…:heart:

Grateful for a day to rest, after a busy week.
Grateful my boss is great and has my back.
Grateful my closest colleagues at work are fun!

Grateful for my health and for my family’s health.
Grateful for being available to help my kids with their homework.
Grateful to see my family together at the breakfast table. It’s not something we manage to do every day, but I appreciate the days when it happens.

Grateful for sunshine with reasonable temperatures :sunny:

Have a great day, everyone! :heart::heart::heart:

13 Likes

I saw my doctor yesterday and she asked me, as she always does, if I am still smoking. I am grateful for the genuine squeal of glee that she let out when I said to her that I quit smoking. I am grateful that she is my doctor and that (even though this might just be in my head and she has to do this for all her patients) she really cares.

I’m grateful for my over-analytic mind. It has brought me significant levels of pain but has also helped me avoid significant levels of pain. I don’t know where to place this. All I know is that I am learning to find a balance to my over thinking. I am learning, as you have just seen, to step back, breathe and live in the moment. I am grateful that sobriety is teaching me this. And I am grateful for a doctor who truly cares.

I am grateful for the meeting I will be going to tonight. I will be sharing. 1 year (and some days) of sobriety. I am grateful that I am going to make it all about gratitude. I am grateful to this thread for showing me the good in gratitude.

I am grateful for obscure sorrows. Today’s word:
xeno n. the smallest measurable unit of human connection, typically exchanged between passing strangers - a warm smile, a sympathetic nod, a shared laugh about some odd coincidence - moments that are fleeting and random but still contain powerful emotional nutrients that can alleviate the symptoms of feeling alone.

I am grateful for you. All of you. x

15 Likes

Friday afternoon gratitude.
I’m grateful I skipped the bath yesterday and took it this morning instead. I really enjoyed this half hour of additional selfcare and wellness.
I’m grateful nightmares are nor real. The night was horrible. I’m grateful I wrote down what I remembered, it helped to shake it off.

I’m grateful for rain, nature needed it and the work can continue next week. I’m grateful my ex messaged me that he takes a day of rest, we would have stopped mid working due to heavy rain if he came over. I’m grateful for our civil communication, what a difference it makes. I’m grateful I don’t allow myself to hope it stays this way. I’m grateful today, that’s enough.

I’m grateful I got to brush the cats this morning, they shed.
I’m grateful the meeting with the facade firm was good, I only forgot to ask when they’ll start working. I can ask on monday. If I don’t forget again.

I’m grateful for a day of rest, I need it after this busy week. Seems I say that every friday recently.
I’m grateful I got some office work done.

I’m grateful for the reminder to lock the door, people here tend to knock, come in and talk to you. It’s a nice habit, friendly and no harm but I’m not used to it and still highly irritated when a stranger says hello, names himself and asks something, today about some clincker pallets from my ex. Downtown I never locked the door because nobody would come in when you don’t open. Habits on the countryside are different :blush:
I’m grateful I live in safe places where you can leave doors and cars unlocked and people are friendly and caring.

I’m again grateful for HALT. It helped me out of a melancholic mood, I was hungry.

I’m grateful I have the energy to run some necessary errands today a bit later so tomorrow is not so packed.

I’m grateful I work on balance and boundaries. ODAAT :pray:

13 Likes

Good morning soberonies

Im so very greatful

I got moving this morning even when i wasnt motivated
I ran nearly 5min
My recovery
I was able to share the cliff notes of my journey at the ladies meeting last night
I reached out to a newcomer going thru a hard time
My progress rather than perfection
Dedicating yr 3 to finding balance
I took monday off work and will get a haircut
Reading about acceptance this morning and the gentle reminder to let go and let god

14 Likes

Day
485 no alcohol
418 no capes or ciggs 125 no form of nicotine
85 no form of pot

I have been fighting the urge to smoke pot for days now. But i knuw this can happen (craving that lasts days or weeks or even longer)
It happened with nicotine when i first quit. I got to be brave and accept the fact i dont like it. How does anyone even get to that point that you need to accept to yourself you dont like something. Addicted mind games

15 Likes

I’m grateful for my Grandson Gus
I’m grateful for my Granddaughter
I’m grateful I’m a Grandpa

I’m grateful for my Grandparents.
I’m grateful for my Grandfather and all the memories I still have of him. He spoiled the shit out of me. And I got to be the last one he talked to before he died.
I’m grateful for my Grandmother. She was so strong. Sometimes I feel like she is the one who raised me. After traveling to Texas for my wedding she said “That’s It!” I’m not going anywhere anymore. It’s too hard at my age.

I’m grateful for Gratitude and this Gratitude thread and this Gratitude practice. I’m Grateful this Gratitude exercise is really working my brain.

I’m grateful for Good friends.
I’m grateful for the Good Times. I’ve had my share.

I’m grateful for Green
I’m grateful when the hills are Green.
I’m grateful how Green England always is.
I’m grateful for baby Goat videos.
I‘m grateful for Giraffes.
I’m grateful for Gorillas.

I’m grateful I’ve been to Germany.
I’m grateful for the way the Brits use the word Gorgeous. Anything and everything can be “Gorgeous.”

I’m grateful for my second dog George. He was a Gorgeous :wink: border collie.

I’m grateful I love Geography.

I’m grateful for:
Guru Om
Ganesha
Gayatri Mantra

I’m Grateful it’s going to be a Good Day. Or not. If I’m lucky I Get another one tomorrow God willing.

I’m grateful God always Gives me exactly what I need :pray:t2:

:pray:t2::heart:

“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious
of our treasures.”

Thornton Wilder

17 Likes

Grateful

To be alive
To walk
To think
To see beauty everywhere
To listen to music as I walk

15 Likes

Gratitude today for
Jesus
Job
Good conversation
Coffee
Yoga mat flip flops
Clear mind

15 Likes

I’m grateful

• for funny interactions and meeting new people
  • for the reminder of how much I’ve changed and the hope it gives for how much more I can change in a positive way
  • for laughter and joy
  • for the gift of coffee (these tourists were so shocked that I can’t get coffee here that they gave me their whole stash😂 which for them I think was sacrificial)
  • that people are coming here to visit as tourists
  • for being able to immediately say ‘NO’ when offered alcohol today and that it was surprisingly easy
  • for my dogs who are adorable and bring me comfortable and joy
  • for how tired I am today
16 Likes

I am grateful to be sober.
I am grateful the wind changed during the day.
I am grateful for all the things and nice places I discovered during the last two weeks here.
I am grateful for the nice people in the house I am staying tonight.
I am grateful for this wonderful view I had today toward the Alps: a great reward

I am grateful I have enough.

15 Likes

I am grateful to be going back to work today. I like routine and I like my job.
I’m grateful I got most of the house put away yesterday. We have 12 boxes to go.
I’m grateful my husband has the same sense of humor as me.
I’m grateful for my mornings with coffee and books again.
I’m grateful I am unpacked enough for a shower.
I’m grateful my scared little cat Water has taken to sleeping under the blankets between my legs. I’m grateful I make him feel safe.
I’m grateful I got a thank you card in the mail for my cat wranglers. I’m grateful I addressed it to the “itty bitty kitty committee”. I’m grateful I went through the cat shelves to find some new unopened toys I can pass along to the woman who volunteers with cats.
I’m grateful to @Oluoch for the words of the day.

17 Likes

Today I’m grateful that I had the courage to seek medical help and drag my ass off to the psychiatric ward. I’m grateful that I’m safe here. I’m grateful that I’ve been sober for 60 days without booze and weed. I’m grateful that I’m healthy and despite of all my mental health problems, I can truly say I’m living the best era of my life. I’m grateful that I have so much to achieve, to pursuit my dreams. I’m so grateful of this wonderful group. Thank you, guys!

17 Likes

Some of the things I am grateful for today

My daughter‘s migraine finally subsided and she went to school today. Came back so full of energy and life. I am so grateful we finally caught a break.

I finished all the stuff for Sunday‘s party. I‘m looking forward to the day, the kids, the game, everything. I also am looking forward to being done with that and starting my usual work next week.

I had a nice time with my daughter this afternoon in the city. We bought small presents for her guests for her party, she had ice cream. It was good.

I had a long phone call with a cousin of mine. We always get into the most interesting discussions about philosophy, history, culture and literature. I am hoping to see her in person in October again.

Picked up a new book I am enjoying a lot. After the misogynist crap I did not finish I had started last week, I am very glad to read something that more than passes the bechdel test.

I am tired and looking forward to getting to bed early in a few.

Sleep tight sober friends :night_with_stars:

14 Likes

That last post i made here was suppose to be checking in daily

But sence im here

Im greatful for
My job
Theres mych more to be greatful about but im happy to work in a department i like and can do :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Today’s a happy palindrome day: 252

I keep feeling like everything will be alright, though I got a note from my landlord yesterday that they are proceeding with eviction through their lawyer. Grateful I have never been through anything like that before. New is something to be grateful for.

Grateful that I am eating meals. It’s a note to self, whether I want to or not. I need to get a scale even though I am generally an anti-scale person. I know it’s not because of what society says. It’s because I am well-informed with my body and what it needs and forced attention matters at the moment.

Grateful that the universe, society, chaos, calmness, all the things, teach you so much when you are willing to absorb, rather than attack how it makes you “feel.”

I am grateful I am convincing myself that my mind dealing is more important than my mind shrinking.

And grateful that a desire to drink has been quite a few times over the last 8+ months. I am grateful I suck that up with “It’s clear you don’t want to hurt yourself. Make that happen.”

17 Likes

I am grateful for trees. Each day when I walk to reach my office they give me joy and comfort and I praise the Lord for them

11 Likes

IMG_1427

9 Likes