Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

Oh wow, congratulations!

2 Likes

Yes indeed!

4 Likes

So exciting!
Gus got his 30 day chip today :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
When is she due? Your daughter or son the new parent?
Watch out for that onesies addiction. One is never enough. I can’t stop buying them :grimacing:
God Bless Grandpa. :pray:t2:

11 Likes

Very exciting Scott!! Grandparenting can be a joy!!! I just got these 2 books for our little guy for when he visits…we love exploring!!

6 Likes

I have no children. Its Ms. Monkey’s daughter, and she has bestowed the grandpa title on me. I may have cried a little.

22 Likes

Congrats my dude! How exciting!!!

4 Likes

:upside_down_face::joy:

Congratulations, that must be exciting :four_leaf_clover::sunflower:

6 Likes

Awwww, I love the derailment void!
From smart-aleck posts over the indeed tasty sounding formula to sobriety to wonderful news of becoming a grandpa. Folks, this made my day @AyBee @Thirdmonkey
Congratulations Monkey :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thanks for making me laugh @AyBee :grin:

7 Likes

As you’ve been told before, this is a sobriety forum. People on this forum are trying to stop their addictions and addictive behaviours. It seems to me you do not fit in these categories. So it seems to me this is not the right place for you to be. If you love what you do and have no problems with it be on your merry way and have a good life. As you have been told by another member already. Your questions are inappropriate in this place.

20 Likes

If it’s not giving you issues with your life, more power to you. Not sure why you would label yourself with the word “Chronic” though. That’s kind of means its a habit that you aren’t able to break out of. But, if you don’t have issues in your relationships, and don’t have ED, then who’s telling you to stop. This is me from a non-christian standpoint. I’ll leave morality out of it.

4 Likes

Good ole derailment thread. Lots goes on here :sweat_smile:

@Thirdmonkey congratulations again, and @AyBee :joy::joy:

5 Likes

The OP should actually just follow the restrictions the court put in place. Your advice could lead to them violating a court order who would make things much worse

1 Like

You suggested that if the other parent is being immature that he should keep trying to call and write letters. This very well could violate the court order.

1 Like

Wooow! Congratulations! Don’t go spoiling the kid, although I know it’s kinda grandparents’ privilege :-)))))

4 Likes

Toooooooo late. Already started!!

7 Likes

You grownups will never learn :rofl:
(so, there I am, giving advice about not spoiling grandchildren, when I got spoiled A LOOOT by two grannies and one grandpa :smiley:)

Keep on the good work! The time spent with loving grandparents is something the kids remember and cherish for a lifetime.

6 Likes

Until the homeless drive you off. It’s getting ridiculous over there.

1 Like

You know people on this forum have dealt with or are dealing with unstable housing right? Read the room

2 Likes

You’re right. I should be more sensitive to that. I guess the issue isn’t the people there, but more the government’s management of the homeless population they’ve definitely screwed up a lot and as a result the homeless population is swelling.

2 Likes

You gotta put some punctuation into it, I find. Altering force, angle, and whatnot.
It’s also about location, location, location.

4 Likes