Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

Maybe we should stop getting so hung up on the “most, some, all, many” thing. Awful people are everywhere. Regardless of gender/race/culture/country. If you are fortunate to live in a place where gender equality is actively being changed- consider yourself lucky, and be a part of that change. In more underdeveloped countries or places where old culture and thinking is still the norm- I feel for the women who cannot get justice, as well as the men who are living genuine lives and treat women with respect while others are harming. But this unfortunately is everywhere. Be a good person, treat others with respect, and advocate that others do the same.
Those who get defensive I believe do so because no one wants to be lumped into a category when they themselves are not contributing to the problem.
As far as men and women being friends? I’ve had many male friends over the years, some I found later had other feelings I was not aware of, some are just friends. I can’t control who feels what. As long as they respect boundaries. :v:t3:
Just my 2 cents. :wink:

9 Likes

That was pathetic. I’m not responding to that… Have another go

1 Like

I’m not your dad, don’t worry.

I’m sorry - I think I may have been unclear there. I was being ironic: me saying “Are we clear” was in reference to how the whole language “debate” here is unclear and distracting. My point was that we know the original meme could not have meant “all men” - any one of us knows that not all men have done that; even if we limit it to ourselves and we know just ‘I haven’t done that’, it means there’s at least one man who hasn’t done it - and for the same reason it can’t be “no men” (obviously at least one man has done it - there are proven cases of this where the man himself has admitted it).

So if it can’t be “all men” or “no men”, then the only options left for the phrase “Men …” must be “Some men” or “Most men”. As you yourself observed, the idea that it’s “most men” (the majority of men) is disturbing and likely not true.

So we are left with, it must mean, “Some men”.

2 Likes

I suggest a cooling off period for those taking swipes at eachother. Badgering, taunting, calling names or digs are all against the rules.

6 Likes

Feels relevant to repeat this here. Also a reminder of the forum rules, especially number one…

8 Likes

If are offended by a meme that calls out men regarding sexual endeavors you clearly need to check your own behavior. You’re not a man, you’re a boy.

Real men saw that meme and knew it didn’t apply to them. They knew that meme is based in a lot of truth. They knew that women have to deal with a lot more shit than will ever understand.

Also, real hypocritical of a few of you to get so offended when I’ve seen your previous posts telling other people to stop being so offended.

Specially to edited to preserve the post. @eke sad face

19 Likes

standing ovation

7 Likes

You got a pretty great meme game there yourself sistah :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve been slacking :joy: I got to build up my arsenal again :rofl:

2 Likes

rpRVLhPHMbK1ILfPmE
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Lmao gurrlllll :joy:

Nice try… oh nice name change. :woman_facepalming:t3:

So your name sucks? Slap your parents then

2 Likes

7 Likes

Your reply should have been this.
I’m a Seinfeld addict.
You get that TV show over there ?

3 Likes

No Seinfeld :scream: you poor people. How do you live over there?
You do know Jerry Seinfeld at least right?
He’s a stand up comedian? One of the best. And clean good humor.

5 Likes

You guys got great humor !!
One of my favorite movies is the Full Monty

1 Like

By the way there were about 400 daily gratitude replies and quiet a bit of food. Im more than just a good looking meme :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Eric comedians in cars getting coffee is a favorite of mine!!!

5 Likes