Derailment Void

I think it depends on the person and what we want from the place, our intended use for it.
Pubs are obviously places to drink and if you’re out for a night out with the intention of getting wasted then yes it’s going to be different from the person who has organised to meet a friend and have a chat over coffee or Tea. ( My local has also started selling a range of teas.)

1 Like

I am fine.thank you for checking :heart:
I allready acknowledged I wasn’t on my best behavior yesterday.
And I discussed it on here. The tough love topic explained that if you want some insight on why I was short fused a bit.

I respect the way you go about your sobriety and you inspire non the less but in this case Geoff you are going overboard in my opinion.
I do find it weird, the way your kinda implying that I am not okay with my sobriety or in fear of my addiction… Heck there’s still a collection of beautifull rums sitting here to be collected… Not once have I glanced at it.

I have been to concerts and such where alcohol is available and I had a great evening never the less. Also have been on a ride out with some buddy’s who smoke cannabis fine with that to.
I am firm in my sobriety.

My opinion on what a pub or a bar is just differs form yours and I didn’t bring up the topic but if you state your opinion I’ll give you my two cents on the matter.
It’s weird to me you diverting that to fear or being less sure of my sobriety.

Please note even in active use I wasn’t the type to go to a bar/pub and hang around alcohol fused convo.
So sober or not my opinion about bars stand they are build on drinking lots.

Mario, I’m not implying anything mate. No even assuming anything.
You are doing well in your sobriety! You are strong and I have said this before.
I think that it’s because I used the words you instead of we or whatever and in translation you think I’m talking about you. I’m not at all.
I understand what you say about about pubs being built around drinking, of course they are as they traditionally grew up around onsite breweries.
But all I was saying was that if one is confident and comfortable with oneself then it shouldn’t matter what one drinks or where one drinks it.
Again I’m sorry if you assumed I was talking about you I’ve always had the greatest respect for you because you are strong.

Let’s put it on the language barrier. I did take it personally since you replied to me and used the word you which in my understanding means me :thinking: well hell I need to study the language again I guess. No just kidding geoff we’re good

you did make an explicit link between not a lot of sober folk being in a bar and fear or being unsure of sobriety.
In this last post you did not use those negs.
It makes a lot off difference imo.

Hell… Being sober is the bravest shit one can achieve when being an addict.

The same as people saying relapse is a part of recovery… That got me going the other day…
It is not imo and making decisions that support your sobriety don’t make you scared they make you balanced and sure about what you do or do not want.

I also avoid certain sober people cause they put me at risk hahaha let alone drunks telling me I’m no fun.

4 Likes

Yeah I think we’ll leave it at that mate.
All I was trying to say is that one day we should be looking at leading a life where we are not scared of going anywhere.
Yes, obviously in our early days and until we do feel comfortable, which will be different for everyone, we should guard our sobriety firmly.
:heart:

2 Likes

it’s your age, if I was you I would cancel the milk being delivered. :joy:

Yeah, at least then the milk man can retire. He’s older than me. I’m the one that’s kept him going.
He had plans once as well.:joy:

1 Like

Yes he wanted to have a Long Life (milk) and travel.

1 Like

Bet the milk guys younger than this old fart Geo lol today i can go any were were there is booze and there isnt many places were there isnt any lol took my oldest son to a world boxing match think we were the only ones sober the beer was flowing like rivers lol

1 Like

We went to Monster Jam (big monster truck racing) a few weeks ago. At about 8:30 pm I wanted a cup of coffee. I swear that I walked around that whole stadium looking for a cup of freaking coffee!! Didn’t find one. But I must have walked by 100 beer stands. Prolly more. Lol

3 Likes

It’s not an AA meeting bruh, they don’t just have coffee at every corner lol.

2 Likes

Actually no Ray. You’re a spring chicken compared to him :joy:

1 Like

Pet peeve time - All through the AA literature, and society in general, the word “ego” is used to represent pride. The correct psychological term is egomania. Ego is in fact the mediating construct of the psyche, continually intervening between the demanding instincts of babyhood and the learned strictures of law and society. This negotiation allows the tyranny of the shoulds to coexist with the infantile demands for immediate satisfaction. So the ego is actually quite useful and helpful. When it breaks down, we go crazy, or run for president.

Egomania is what you mean to say when you speak of obsession with self.

8 Likes

reality

1 Like

Post a piccy. It’s always nice to see you Cate!! :wink:

1 Like

You’re not Gareth :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::kissing_heart:

I know, but it’ll cheer me up!

1 Like

Woops, derailed again!

2 Likes

Well shoot!!! It’ll have to happen on one of the rare-ish days that I wash my hair :sweat_smile::joy:

Can’t wait, don’t say why though. I prefer onatrel

1 Like