Derailment Void

No worries my friend,I only put that I felt the saying was disrespectful that’s it??? The funny thing is I put about AA N NA HAVING NATZI,S which they do ALL DO but that one stayed up??? Nobody flagged that one he said he got the saying from a man that was 55 years clean but it doesn’t give AA OR NA or any A a great name when you put one meeting goodbye I know it’s only a saying but it’s a SHIT saying JYST SAYING​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I missed it all again.
I must admit, I’d have been With @Lilemm on this. Doesn’t paint AA in a very good light does it.
Bit elitism for my liking.

1 Like

None of your posts were deleted. One is on the original thread, the others are here.

The rude posts were deleted by the OP so shall we all move on from that and refrain from having public personal discussions about other users?

3 Likes

I enjoy my meetings. I like seeing my friends. I get a lot out of meetings. I plan on going to meetings th rest of my life. Buuuut. If I still need a meeting every day at 55 years sober I’m going to be asking a lot of people where I went wrong.

One of my favorite sayings. AA is for people who want it, not people who need it. I will continue to go because I want to.

7 Likes

Damon @RetainKing, Andre man I was just about to post in your thread when you deleted it! :slight_smile:

You’re from a different planet mate. You really are!

4 Likes

Hi Andre, I am writing to lend a voice here just cautioning about where we assign blame / problem-causing - or where we seem to be assigning it - so that we can be sure women are safe in this space.

It’s entirely possible you may have meant something different, of course. If so you’re welcome to clarify and I’ll be happy to hear it :innocent:

Reading the back and forth here, your language (for both women and men) was objectifying, and therefore both misogynistic and misandric.

(You make the same statement about “a man”.)

Women are not like undercooked potatoes that give you indigestion. When I have indigestion, it’s because of the undercooked potatoes. (It’s an object. Objects get in the way sometimes. We have to remove them, or fix them. The phrasing here - getting away from “the ups and downs of a woman” - positions the woman, grammatically, as the object. Like the potato.) When I have a web of negative emotions arising from my addictive behaviour, running from my life for years and years, I have a web of negative emotions arising from my behaviour. The ups and downs do not come from the woman. The ups and downs come from my unhealthy behaviours. It may be that I need to physically move myself to a new place. But the reason I do that is not because of the woman. It’s because of my imbalanced habits and behaviours. (The object - the problem - is the behaviours.)

It’s important to phrase things so the men and women we’re discussing are never assigned to object status, because that dehumanizes them and removes them from consideration as legitimate people with minds and goals and equally legitimate experiences of their own.

As I said you may have meant to phrase things in another way - which I would completely understand; it happens to all of us. Lord knows I’ve grappled with phrasing things in my own experience too :smile: Take care brother :innocent:

7 Likes

I hear you. Lots to unpack there. If you’d like to continue the conversation with me please message me privately and we can talk (out of respect for the OP because we want to give him his space for his questions).

Take care, peace, and I hope your meditation is helpful :innocent:

3 Likes

You are supposed to say that the problem exists not because of other people - whether they’re women or men - but because, ultimately, we’re responsible for ourselves. Any responsibility (blame) for our problems, and any power to change our lives, lies ultimately with us. We have the power to change.

I’m not offended. But her behaviour does not ruin a man. His behaviour does. And that’s his true power: by changing his behaviour, he becomes a better man, and has a better life.

8 Likes

Greta Thunberg is an admired environmental rights activist and only 17 years old. How will she feel when she sees this needlessly immature and cruel meme which is no doubt being circulated around the world by people who somehow think this is funny?

2 Likes

The price of fame = memes

5 Likes

Others may percieve her as an over opinionated teenager, who went viral.

7 Likes

To be fair, I laugh at the face made, not the person making the face… Could have been Jeff Bezos or some random child and it’d still give me a chuckle… but that’s just me.

7 Likes

I didnt make the meme. It did make me laugh.

And like gmo said I would have laughed at any face.

Im not a fan of greta, so it did add a little extra humor for me.

6 Likes

I think you may be looking into it a bit too much. If you do want to argue the meme, could you do it in a private thread? Despite the big memeflow afterwards, I prefer this thread open at all times since this is therapy for some

6 Likes

Not publicly posting offense at a crude political meme gives the poster tacit approval to continue posting crude political memes.

1 Like

Im happy to discuss this in a private thread, not in here

I don’t see the need for a private discussion. I’ve made my point and I’m moving on to genuinely funny memes! : )

Would you please stop demeaning me. You do it all the time and it’s always just me. Do I have a target on my back or something. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It was not political I found the facial expression spot on with constipation. Good day to you

2 Likes