Feeling so down

Good morning everyone. Got a good night sleep. Feeling rested and now going for a run. I’m with energy but fearing the Friday night
Last Friday night I relapsed after 7 days of being sober. Now I’m scared this will happen again. I’m kinda busy tonight but this glass could always accompany my things I have to do tonight… These are the evil thoughts I’m having way back in my mind. The normal me is saying NO. You will do what you have to do tonight SOBER

There’s a Friday night thread here you can jump on if you find yourself getting bored and antsy between whatever activities you have planned :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very good idea. Thank you!

I think this is it:

2 Likes

I am really really surprised. I thought I would have the biggest craving on a Friday night… But somehow I really don’t have. The best thing for me is to have a really heavy dinner. Then I’m so full that I afterwards minimize the craving. And that’s what I did tonight. Had so much to eat of a really good meal that I just want to drink some water. I just don’t understand why i relapsed last week Friday and today it is just so easy… Last Friday I completed 7 days and already with the afternoon coming I had the whole time alcohol in my mind. I told myself ah you did it 1 week so you proved yourself… But then I understood that this was completely bullshit and after a few days I was exactly where I was in the beginning…
So I’m proud of myself to stay sober on a Friday. I’m so glad about this great great support of this community here!!!

4 Likes

Amazing! You should be proud of yourself! I’m right along with you!

1 Like

I quit at 46, … similar story, habits. You just have to pick up new constructive ones.

2 Likes

Good morning Everybody. Starting into the saturday fresh, full of energy and sober. What a beautiful feeling that I haven’t had in such a long time… Wishing you all a nice Saturday

2 Likes

Sunday night and relapsed again. I feel so so down. Didn’t have a lot to drink. Three glasses of red wine… But after the first I felt sick already and I continued… Why is it that I feel drunk already after the first glass? I feel like I’m getting sick. Plus the horrible guilt i have. I feel like I don’t deserve the life I have. Actually I don’t deserve my life… What the hell is wrong? My kids are sleeping upstairs in the wonderful home we have. If an emergency happens now I wouldn’t be able to drive… Maybe I would but I will never drive drunk!!!
I feel like a looser. A real looser…
So I put the reset button to day 1 again… So so sad…

Don’t make it worse by beating yourself up. You pressed reset and are starting again! You got this!!

Let’s make that 1 a 7 again and keep going beyond! You were feeling so great last time you posted sober, you can experience that again.

Where did you go wrong this time around? Did you lose focus of why you want to be sober, let a temptation get the better of you? Did you have someone you could contact, or consider going to a meeting, when your focus started to slip? Is your current sobriety strategy enough to keep you sober? I’m sure there can be something learned here if you look for it.

2 Likes

Why did you drink the first one tonight? Let’s figure that out so that you can prevent it next time.

Thank you all again!!! I’m much better today. Just looking at my day count makes me a bit sad… Will complete 1st day sober tonight… Thank you for listening and motivating me again. I will keep fighting!!!

2 Likes

Goal reached day 1. Good night you alk

1 Like

You All :slight_smile:

Fighting and being strong. I believe in myself and going to bed sober tonight. I know I can do this. And thank you for all the support I have gotten here. This app is amazing

2 Likes

You got this!

One night at a time. The first is the hardest. It gets easier.

This can be the one, the streak that sticks. Reach out if you need help with the superglue :slight_smile:

Reset no. I don’t know anymore… I’m kinda have given up. Even deleted this app temporary. I’m feeling more Than desperate. So here back to day 1again. Trying to fight. Trying to get through this day. I just fucking hate myself