First step in, enter the forum haha

Hi, omg I’m so nervous too speak about my problème but it’s looks like I’m at the right place ! I fucktop my life find this app and decide to give it a try :slight_smile:

5 day sober(I cannot believe I did this haha) I’m a super emotional personne and I wanna know something,

For you, when you feel a big emotion like crying your ass off or bien sooooo happy that’s trigger me 🤦🤦 do you have some advices for the emotional triggered person :sweat_smile: I don’t even know what to expect of this forum but I wanna give it a Try :slight_smile: thanks

11 Likes

Drinking and some white stuff most of the time… For the last couple years :confused:

But your right I knock out my emotion now I have to face it it’s really hard :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m a crybaby!!!

I took a lot of showers…crying in the shower is so much more soul cleansing than crying in bed or in the car.

I also did a lot that kept hands busy. Crafts, paint by number apps on my phone, eating. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:, painting my nails.

I always had a water bottle near by to sip on.

6 Likes

Yes… the alcahol and powder were numbing your emotions. Which at first you probably thought was helping.

In reality the alcahol and powder were supressing your central nervous system and making your mind and body forget how to deal with emotions without alcahol.

It is going to take time for your mind and body to learn how to deal with emotions again.

3 Likes

Hahaha shower I did it a lot too haha

Gonna be cheezy but I really think this forum gonna help me some

7 Likes

Ive been here for 3 years sober as of today. This forum still helps me. I get to learn from people all over the world on how to be a better husband, father, son, and human.

4 Likes

That’s nice ! Keep on going ! I’m a French Canadian so sory for my English if it’s not always right haha

2 Likes

You are doing just fine. My french skills are zero. So you are doing much better than I am in the foreign language skills.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: but everyone if you have some advices please feel free to leave it :slight_smile: it’s really the first time I’ll talk about it like that I wish it’s the sign of a new beginning

1 Like

Super good idea !!

Hi Tatti, I joined here 15 days ago, I’m 20 days sober, I check in every day to read, get advice & emotional support. I know I wouldn’t be this far along doing it by myself. Only my son, he’s 19 & 1 friend knows I’m trying to be sober. Happiness is a trigger for me, I always feel like I can handle some drink but I never do. I get depression from drinking, occasional a night will start out happy & I drank, then got emotional & cried lots. I’ve been feeling a lot less emotional the last 20 days, feeling stronger in my resolve to stay dry as the data clock up. I’m not saying it was easy. I’m happy to work lates & when it paases 10pm which means I can’t buy drink & it’s another day under my belt. I found the people on this forum very accepting, friend, supportive & good at giving advice. You can do it. Just take it one day at a time, I know that sounds like a cliche but it’s true. We can only do our best. Good luck :blush:

4 Likes

Aww thanks a lot !! I’m starting my day 6 :pray::pray:

2 Likes

Ouiiii :slight_smile: enchanté

1 Like

Fait longtemps que tu est ici

1 Like

Go to the first post in the thread. Select the link avatar, hit it lightly and/or copy it. Voila!

3 Likes

I’m 12 hours sober… kinda not doing well….

1 Like

Hey welcome to TS.

First 24 hrs is really important and for me it was damn hard to get. Read as much as you can here to help get you through the urges.

:blush:

1 Like

Am 6 hours sober- not doing good!