Friday night - what's up

Waiting for my train home, should get back around midnight which is really unusual for me. Went out axe throwing with some work colleagues, made it to the semi final! Stayed after while they had a few drinks, wasn’t anything raucous and they are a lovely bunch. Will sleep well tonight!

3 Likes

Got a new recovery book in the mail today so want to read it. At the house with all the animals tonight, going over in my head all the work that needs to be done over the course of the weekend. And the next weekend. And the next weekend. Feeling the need to reach out.

7 Likes

It’s a crummy feeling to be overwhelmed, it’s almost counterproductive. Been there many times in the past 7 months. I found it best to focus on a small, achievable task to gain steam. which reninds me, I gotta start phase 2 of my project list soon!

2 Likes

Just laying on my mattress in the dark reading and commenting on posts here. Highly exciting I know but I’m alive and sober

5 Likes

One kid is working until 11. The other is at the movies (Avengers, of course) with a friend until midnight. Hubby is watching Blue Jays. I’m thinking I’m going to have a “spa” night!!

3 Likes

Alive and sober is brilliant. One day at a time!!

1 Like

It’s 730 and I’m laying in bed. Long, very stressful week at work. Shay is out celebrating her 2 years so I’m just chilling in. And she’s bringing me home surprise dinner :laughing:. Doesn’t get any better than this.

7 Likes

I’m going to a wedding rehearsal at a botanical garden… My son’s are in the wedding :slight_smile: it’s super stressful so far lol

8 Likes

I have to go to my first sober wedding next weekend. I hate weddings. IDK if any of my tuxes still fit right. Guess i should have thought about that before hand. OOPS.

2 Likes

If not. Tuxedo t-shirt time!

3 Likes

It will be my first sober wedding tomorrow… And I’m right there with you, I’m not a fan of weddings either.

3 Likes

No-- those say I want to be formal — but I am here to PARTY.

There will be no partying.

Lucky for me it won’t be a WASP wedding.

2 Likes

Uggghhhh, Lea…

The most stressful social occasion I’ve had since getting sober was being in my BFF’s wedding. At one point in pre-ceremony shenanigans, someone put a glass of champagne in my hand and started tapping a glass for me to give a toast. It was really early on for me, but I remember reaching out for help here on the forum.

You do the same! We got your back, babe!

And maybe the botanical gardens will be gorgeous?

And, at this point in my life, I hate weddings too.

4 Likes

@Lionfish @DowntroddenGoat y’all are nuts. Weddings are awesome! Sober dancing is pretty freakin rad! Unless there’s no dancing. Then weddings suck :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Bonus: it’s hard to hold a drink when you have your hands in the air, waving them as if you just don’t care… :grin:

4 Likes

Uploading: image.jpg… …worked earlier. Cooking dinner going to make Mongolian Beef and citrus rice, drinking my lime soda, and listening to Mighty Sam McClain-Don’t Worry About Me. Going on 5 days. Happy Friday!

So gorgeous!

My kids love pictures with me :grin: :sunglasses:

20 Likes

Thanks @VSue

I’m in aroma heaven! I made too much food… oh well, less cooking to do tomorrow!

@Lionfish looks fantastic there!

2 Likes

Wedding music took copious amounts of booze to get to a tolerable level — danacable required doubling down.

I don’t need to chase waterfalls, I can stick to rivers and lakes that I am use to.

3 Likes