Getting that fuzzy feeling from doing a good job

I know some Chicago fans out here told those stories with a tear in the eye… i think everybody was hoping it was the cubbies time…

1 Like

Just finished making this for my friends daughters birthday, it’s all sooo tiny, every piece, every bead is put together bit by bit. I could never have done this four months ago

6 Likes

That looks a bit fiddly!
Great patience you have, as Yoda would say!
Well done.
Isn’t it a great feeling?

1 Like

Very warm, i bet you wish it were big enough to live in… nice.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing a bit. You rock bro

1 Like

First outdoor project at the house…powerwashing the deck! Never used one before (neither did the previous owners, apparently). Oddly satisfying.

Forgot to take a proper “before” photo, so here’s a halfway.

So. Much. Grime.

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like anyone has cleaned ever!
I get the satisfaction on that one mate! Done the same on a patio. Really makes a difference.
Nice one!

1 Like

How did I miss all these updates!? This is amazing Geoff. I love all the different materials with the brick, wood, and metal… Very cool, looks great!!

Thanks Lea, I’m really enjoying doing what I do for the first time in years. I think the last time I had so much fun was when I was a chef!:grinning:

1 Like

Finished product this morning, after it dried out over night. Much better! Took longer than expected, I was at it for 4 or 5 hours yesterday. Good to see it was worth it when I woke up today.

Next project…grass!

4 Likes

It looks great different deck all together!
You going to treat it?

Still deciding whether to stain or paint. I have some weather-resistant coating to slap on as well.

Does your land go into the woods?

Yes sir. Our plot is very long and narrow. Estimating off the top of my head, it extends about 50’ beyond the tree line. We plan on clearing about 10-15’ of it for more space. The leeching field for septic is out there, so we can only go back so far. Plus our woodland friends need their place to live too, so we won’t be clearing too much. We like having the forrest back there and the animals living in it.

Definitely! Thought I was lucky having a field next to me. I wish I had a wood!:grinning:

1 Like

Paint peels, stain fades. Either one will require maintenance. Personally I think stsin looks nicer. It looks great though.

2 Likes

Wow those projects came out great, awesome job. And as far as the warm and fuzzy feeling for a job well done, you deserve it.

Finally got into the basement work. Loving it already. Dad and I did the painting together. Nice we’ll have those memories together. We plan on making this very much like a man cave/sports cave, walls will be covered with pictures eventually. For now, just a few. Eventually furniture more suited to the space, kind of awkward right now. Support beam is of no help :expressionless:

And yes, that is Ozzy’s mugshot hanging under the far window.

Before:

Tonight (I prefer it using the table lamps, overhead lights off):

3 Likes

Bloody hell that’s bigger than my living room.
It looks great mate

1 Like

Cheers buddy.
I am keeping my eye out for an old jukebox that plays 45s, either one that is working or can be refurbished. Then load it up with the best from 1950s - 1990s. That’ll be the crown jewel of the project.

1 Like