Good murder mystery books

Day 1 again. I drank last night after 18 days ugh. Some people suggested reading at night to help the temptation. I was wonder what books you guys like? I usually read books about murder and mystery. Have any suggestions?

3 Likes

Lol funny that when I saw this title I was instantly intrigued :sweat_smile:. I LOVE murder mystery. I currently have a few books open and not finished. I’m a huge Stephen king fan.
I really liked “all dark no stars” and he currently has alot of movies out from that book which is pretty decent, the book itself is great if you’re into creepy out of the box stories.
There’s one about a man getting locked in a porter potty…really gross and scary, I’m claustrophobic…Lol

Another good book I’ve read is The madness &Mayhem of serial killers. I think that’s what it was called.

I’m open to more suggestions though I like regular murder mystery books too.

2 Likes

My wife just read Murder on the Orient Express. Said it was pretty good. I acted in The Mousetrap back in high school. Love a good murder mystery.

4 Likes

Oh, the good marriage by Stephen king is REALLY good. I casnt remember if that’s the name of the book or if it’s a story in one of his books.

1 Like

For a nonfiction murder book, I’d recommend “Helter Skelter”, about the Manson family murders.

Relatively long (800-something pages) but easy read. Written by Vincent Bugliosi, who was the head of the prosecution. He gets into every detail, it’s fascinating.

1 Like

Hi all the topic got flagged, I don’t see anything wrong with it but I have changed the title slightly so it has a bit of a softer tone. Enjoy your discussion :grinning:

2 Likes

Anything by Elmore Leonard, except Get Shorty (hoping the TV show fixes everything terrible John Travolta did to it in the movie)

I loved the Dead Key, and Blood on the Tracks. I’m not big on this genre, and these two books really grabbed me.

1 Like

Not sure what would cause this topic to be flagged. Maybe it was an accident.

I’ll send you an advanced copy once I figure out where to put the body lol.

I like the James Patterson books with Alex Cross and the Lee Child Jack Reacher books. Lots of suspense, drama and murder.

3 Likes

Sharp objects or dark places both by Gillian Flynn

The Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich is a fairly lighthearted/easy read mystery series. It’s super funny and totally ridiculous.

2 Likes

A good marriage is in “Full Dark, No Stars”…that one is all murder/revenge stories, 4 different short novels basically. The one about the porta john was actually in one of the short story collections “just after sunset” if I’m not mistaken but it could have been “the bazaar of bad dreams” it’s a short story collection too and all three of em came out within just a few years of each other.

Florida by Lauren Groff

1 Like

Bazaar of bad dreams doesn’t sound familiar the other two I’m sure I’ve read but it’s been a few years. Either way I recommend them.

1 Like

Yeah, I found my copy, it’s in just after sunset…name of the story is “a very tight place” lol

1 Like

I never really got into Stephen King but I’m probably biased cause I always had in my head that his books/movies are very sci-fi and never really looked at them.
I’m going to check out the Mayhem and Madness book, I love serial killers (in a wanting to understand their mind way) where did you find it?

1 Like

That sounds like something I would love ! Thank you :blush:

1 Like

I never heard of them I’ll check them out!

1 Like

Haha thank you!!